More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:01:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience  (Read 305689 times)
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: [Work in progress] Polygamy or marriage of convenience
« Reply #25 on: 2008 July 03, 18:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot! Just in time for my new medieval hood that I'll be starting today or tommorrow.  Will test and let you know if anything blows up Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 July 03, 19:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've hacked it so that kids can marry? Wow. What happens at age transition?

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 July 03, 19:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've hacked it so that kids can marry? Wow. What happens at age transition?

Lol - no idea.  Can't see why the rings would disappear though, they don't when married adults become elders.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 July 03, 19:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am just wondering really when married teens either become YA or adults-don't they usually lose their old loves? Would the marriage still be in place?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 July 03, 19:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might only affect the hearts.  But probably if anyone wants to seriously play child betrothals they'd probably have the "keep teen crushes" hack or whatever it's called.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 July 03, 19:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might only affect the hearts.  But probably if anyone wants to seriously play child betrothals they'd probably have the "keep teen crushes" hack or whatever it's called.

In any case, if they're betrothed/married, it would likely not be too much trouble to get them back in love again (if that's what the player wants) - their STR and LTR scores would still be high.  One or two smooches, a few flirts, and a makeout and you're there, no?

Tribulatio proxima est
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 July 03, 19:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wasnt uncommon among royalties to be wed in childhood, back in the old times.. that didnt mean they consummated the marriage that early, just that the ceremony took place. Sometimes they even lived in different countries until they were mature enough to breed. So this is realistic, when playing old times hoods.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 21:25:36 by ingeli » Logged
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 July 03, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for the atrocious spelling and grammar, it seems like you copied the first three sentences of that verbatim from something I've read before.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 July 03, 21:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me? I am not a native English speaker, but I did put it together all by myself. I have no idea if you meant that as a good or bad thing.
ETA: looked up the word atrocious, so I guess it was bad - sorry, I just do my best in your language, I promise I write better in Swedish and Russian.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 03, 21:28:30 by ingeli » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 July 03, 21:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In any case, if they're betrothed/married, it would likely not be too much trouble to get them back in love again (if that's what the player wants) - their STR and LTR scores would still be high.  One or two smooches, a few flirts, and a makeout and you're there, no?

Yeah, I bet that would do it...I don't know how I could use this hack just yet, but thanks for answering my dumb questions Wink

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 July 03, 21:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except for the atrocious spelling and grammar, it seems like you copied the first three sentences of that verbatim from something I've read before.

It actually sounds like one of the extra backgroundey bits from the 'The Black Adder' DVD collection. And ingeli, your English spelling and grammar might need some work, but for a 3rd language, that was pretty damned good. MATY is a tough place on people who use bad grammar, but if you show willing to learn, you'll do fine.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2008 July 03, 22:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite reading stuff in English are historical novels, maybe thats the reason Tongue
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 July 04, 00:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can it bypass the family check? I would very much want cousin marriages for royal couples. As arranged marriages between first cousins were very common in European royalties.

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 July 04, 00:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tested this and it seems to be working great.  I didn't encounter any problems at all.  Ty for updating this Inge, much appreciated Smiley

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
HeyYeah
Mentally Retarded
Dimwitted Dunce

I am a fish

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 July 04, 00:49:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also tested it and it works just fine. I was messing around and trying to marry toddlers does result in an error. Trying to marry babies results in the baby being magically pulled to the arc, and the action falls out of que.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 July 04, 02:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also removed tests like not being usable on community lots or at uni.
Fantastical. As soon as I get done with the next four houses (stupid beach lot rebuild took an inordinate amount of time) I'm having Cutter woo that second cousin of his and marry her in Uni and see if I can't spin someone else into the web.
Can it bypass the family check? I would very much want cousin marriages for royal couples. As arranged marriages between first cousins were very common in European royalties.
That would be great. Since my sims seem hell-bent on incest (Cutter and Rosalie are far from my only problem) I might just have a section of the 'hood go a little inbreeding-crazy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 July 04, 03:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This gives me an idea to do a Song of Ice and Fire themed hood, lots of arranged marriages, although...

The Targaryens in that series wed brother to sister (hence the insanity at the end of the Targ line), and I kinda go 'ick' at that idea.  Although that may not be a big problem depending on where I start the family (possibly at the second to last generation)

<insert witty comment here>
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2008 July 04, 07:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATY is a tough place on people who use bad grammar, but if you show willing to learn, you'll do fine.

Why should she?  I can't see anything wrong with the way she writes at all.  I have never had any problem understanding what she's trying to say.  Some people just trying to grab their 5 minutes of being "clever" that's all this fuss is about.  Maybe they should show willing to learn Ingeli's language as well as she can speak ours.  And post in forums using it every day without anyone noticing a grammatical glitch in their posts.  Then we'll judge willingness to learn Roll Eyes

Zazazu:  While testing in my game, I had Samantha Ottomas marry her son David (teen).   So I guess family checks are already disabled.   Further work I would like to do is that the spouse does not have to move in, that you get asked.  I think that bit will prove more difficult.  As a workaround I might stop the movein after marriage altogether, and you have to move them in yourself if you want them there.  The problem with the auto movein is that they come with the arbitrary amount of money - which is exactly what we get hacks like the no20K to try and stop.   With more manual control, the player can sort out an inventory-based dowry for the bride before the wedding.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 04, 07:33:34 by Inge » Logged

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 July 04, 07:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, Inge ty Smiley Writing and communicating on the net is really very good practice of languages, but of course it has its limitations. My Russian needed several years of university level studies and 3 years in Moscow to get decent - unfortunately I never studied English further than high school level. Historical novels and of course a wealth of tv series and movies impacted my English language in both a good and a bad way, even before I got involved with the internet and on-line games (with their own lingo of abbreviations, lol).

About the mod: will be a very good addition to my medieval hood. I agree on the cousin check, some sim families need to keep up the blood lines.. and can also be useful in a very small community like a deserted island scenario - I mean, how many deserted islands have a postman to marry?
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 July 04, 07:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed two mods packed together in the zipped file, but one is dated as far back as 2007 and the other as far back as 2008. Do we put them into our Downloads folder together or use the most recent mod?

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2008 July 04, 07:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chaavik, the original download had those two files, and I was just repackaging it as it was so that people are sure to get the two files they need.  So far I have not edited the other one, but I may need to later.

nanisim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 July 04, 08:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm testing this hack since yesterday in four or five lots working fine but  I've noticed that in a home business the man becomes a plantsim when just married. I tried twice or three times with the same couple choosing a new lastname and with no changes at all also and several combinations but: definitely I have a new plantsim.

This kind of hack was expected by me for a long time, because I have many historical hoods and, to be honest, the love wedding is a recent invention so in the old times everybody married for convenience. Please, Inge, is there any way to fix that issue with plantsims? I hate them!!!
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 July 04, 08:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thank you for the feedback. I will try it out and post it sometimes this weekend or after if I come across a problem with it. Just an interesting thought or rather mod to mess around with.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2008 July 04, 08:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding plantsim - oddly enough I was testing on a home business, but I have the nochanceofplantsims hack in.  If you hate plantsims, why not get that?   Though of course I do need to investigate why it's happening too Cheesy

nanisim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 July 04, 08:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Regarding plantsim - oddly enough I was testing on a home business, but I have the nochanceofplantsims hack in.  If you hate plantsims, why not get that?   Though of course I do need to investigate why it's happening too Cheesy

Ah, oh, well, I'll try with the nochance... but you must recognize it could be a matter of passionate testing!
And sorry, I almost forgot to THANK your hard job.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: