More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 04:38:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Kitty Condo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitty Condo  (Read 21990 times)
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Kitty Condo
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 27, 20:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for real life cat toys, I've had cats play with them, but not a lot.  One favorite was a "ball race"... a hollow donut with a ball inside and holes on the outside.  Cats like to play with non-cat-toys a lot tho.  Drop the wire twist tie from a loaf of bread on the floor some time and see what happens.

Jeezie creezie, twist ties.  I think 99% of the catfights in my house are over twist ties.  I have no idea where most of them come from, either.  It's like there's some portal to the Land of Twist Ties in my spare bedroom and only one of them can visit it at a time.  My girl cat's favourite"toy" is an unwrapped maxi pad.  She carries it around and "cares" for it until the wrapping is in shreds and then she puts it to pasture near her hidey hole (Pop. 5 Ponytail Holders, 2 paperclips and a dead beetle).  I don't give them to her, she's taught herself to open the bathroom cabinets.

I've had one in game cat ever sleep on the kitty condo without being instructed.  Sucks, too, because it would be nice to have an all-purpose scratching-post/bed. 

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 27, 20:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IRL, my cats love their kitty condo. In fact, they're up there now, snuggled together on the top tier (awwwwww). In my game, however, the cats only sleep in the condo if I direct them to. I really wish the sim-cats could snuggle together like real-life kitties do.
Yeah, no kitten piles in Pets. Kitten piles are awesome, too.

Even when it's stifling here (which is any time other than what passes for winter in the desert), my cats will curl up together in a chair or on top of their kitty condo. Oh well. Maybe in TS3.
Cats are apparently evolved in a desert climate, so they really like warmth, even in temperatures humans find to be awful.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 27, 20:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cat always slept next to my side or in the middle of the living room floor, between the TV and the grumpy grandfather who hated her. Close enough to see her but couldn't do anything about it. She would also cat nap in the dirt under a tree in the back yard then roll around in it when she woke up, and yet she was the cleanest cat when she came inside, her hair was just strange, repelled rain water and dirt.

My sims cats always steal the dogs bed, leaving one of the dogs to stare at it while it sleeps happily away. If puppies could sleep in the bottom of the condo i wouldn't care so much, it would even things out a bit. Usually I scroll over when I have dogs breed to find out why they ignored me, theres a cat in the dog house. I swear if theres a dog house on the lot every time I look in it there will be a cat

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 28, 01:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cats are apparently evolved in a desert climate, so they really like warmth, even in temperatures humans find to be awful.

Yes, they sprawl out on the windowsill during the hottest part of the day, purring contentedly. The glass is like an ant-killing prism, yet they can't seem to get enough of it. Meanwhile, I can't even stand being NEAR the window during the day, even with the AC cranked up. Oh, and they just luuuuurve to sleep on me (because humans make the comfiest cat beds), even when it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius) in the house - just what you need when you're already sweating buckets. Roll Eyes

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Staciej
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 30, 21:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Maxis cats are modeled after real life cats because the only time my cat uses the cat condo (the heavy, barely fits into my car and takes up way to much space in my dining room cat condo) is after I've talked to my intended about throwing it away because he never uses it. It spent a few months at the new apartment so I told him that it was going into the dumpster and the next day the cat was giving me evil looks from the top.

The cat's prefered spot is on top of my intended's old shoes. The sole is falling off so I was going to throw them out but I dont want the cat to claim anything else.

He also likes the floor. He'll take the throw pillows off the couch but won't bother to actually sleep on them. Maybe he's insulting my decorating choices.
cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 02, 00:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made my family - me, loony malty-poo, and princess kitty.

First thing "moron" (dog, so appropriate) did was dig a hole in the yard, cat immediately climbed the kitty condo, scratched it & went to sleep.
So realistic it was frighting! I made her a genius, lazy, kitty.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 02, 01:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, they sprawl out on the windowsill during the hottest part of the day, purring contentedly. The glass is like an ant-killing prism, yet they can't seem to get enough of it. Meanwhile, I can't even stand being NEAR the window during the day, even with the AC cranked up. Oh, and they just luuuuurve to sleep on me (because humans make the comfiest cat beds), even when it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit (27 Celsius) in the house - just what you need when you're already sweating buckets. Roll Eyes
Cats like computers for the same reason.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 02, 03:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, another good reason to own an iMac. The cats don't fit on top of it. Cheesy

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 02, 08:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, yes, another good reason to own an iMac. The cats don't fit on top of it. Cheesy
And this is supposed to stop the cat, how?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 02, 08:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cats like computers for the same reason.
Cats are smart (unlike dogs).

My cat is an expert in grabbing the mouse cord and pulling my mouse away. She long ago learned this is the best way to get my attention and gain a lap or get fed.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 02, 09:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We all swear the wife's cat - Virgil - is very.. special.
He's the one the others always manage to talk into trouble. He'll do something blatantly against the rules of the house, two feet from us, and when we yell about it, he gets this expression.. then looks to where the other three cats are huddled together, watching him. They see us noticing them and bolt to various points like they've suddenly sprung similar polarity. Now we yell at the other three when he does something wrong and they're huddled like that.
One day, hubby pulled out a closed and buckled (but not plastic sealed) box of 40 CDs for us to clear some space off drives. This box sat next to hubby's desk, on the floor. Weeks went by and we forgot about the box being there, since the computer room is always a chaotic scramble. Until...
*plip* . . . *plip* . . . *plip* . . . *plip*

I look over, and Virgil has opened the box and is very VERY carefully reaching inside, snagging a claw on the inside of each disc's hole, lifting it OUT of the box, then setting it ever so neatly in a pile... beside.. the box. And this wasn't a haphazard thing, either. The stack was so neat you'd think someone grabbed a handful of blanks and set them there in a column. By the time we realized what he'd been doing, he'd managed to get almost all the discs out of the box, each one flipped upside down from how it had been inside.
Hubby.. once he got over the shock.. scooped up the discs and dropped them back in the box, telling Virgil not to touch them. Virgil scrunched the two mounds with whiskers (his are terribly pronounced) so they were all pointing forward like little white spears and let out this exhasperated little noise, took a couple swipes at cleaning his face, and dipped right back into the box, started pulling them out again.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 02, 10:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*dies laughing*  Virgil sounds like he is a very special cat  Cheesy
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 02, 14:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want Virgil. He reminds me of my old Bernard. Bernard used to corrupt my grandpa's well behaved dog. It was great.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 02, 16:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We need to clone Virgil! 
(and I want him in my game...unfortunately even the "smart" side of the scale on a maxian cat isn't that smart)

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 02, 20:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XD
He's an idiot savant. He seems totally retarded.. and I mean that in the medical definition of the word.. but then he pulls these stunts! I told hubby I'm starting to think he isn't as stupid as he pretends to be, that he just ACTS like a dingus so we won't force him to behave or learn tricks.

rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 02, 21:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The secret to contentment is to foster low expectations. That way, if you ever actually do something, everyone is impressed.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 May 02, 23:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it has to do with where the condos are placed? I had one cat try to sleep on it but kept being woken up by the radio which I always leave on. And the condos end up being in the living rooms since I have the most space there. I wonder if a hack exists to keep the pets from waking up around a TV/radio... my real cats (of which there are six between us) have no problem sleeping with the TV blaring.

They're contrary little snots, aren't they? Tongue Oh, they'll play with the cat toys, sure, but their favorites are Piece of String/Shoelace, Heart-Shaped Pencil Topper, and Ball of Foil.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 May 03, 00:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it has to do with where the condos are placed? I had one cat try to sleep on it but kept being woken up by the radio which I always leave on. And the condos end up being in the living rooms since I have the most space there. I wonder if a hack exists to keep the pets from waking up around a TV/radio... my real cats (of which there are six between us) have no problem sleeping with the TV blaring.

They're contrary little snots, aren't they? Tongue Oh, they'll play with the cat toys, sure, but their favorites are Piece of String/Shoelace, Heart-Shaped Pencil Topper, and Ball of Foil.

Your evil cat looks just like our idiot. XD

The secret to contentment is to foster low expectations. That way, if you ever actually do something, everyone is impressed.

Ah.. the ultimate Tao of Cat. That and pee without getting any on your shoes.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 May 03, 00:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ferrets are the same way. I used to buy toys for mine, and stopped when I realized that they are far more excited by empty soda fridge pack boxes, empty plastic grocery bags, a crumpled-up towel fresh from the dryer, or a newspaper section left on the floor. All of which cost nothing, really, while the store-bought stuff is disdained or dragged to the poo box and ruined.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 May 03, 00:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your evil cat looks just like our idiot. XD

Well, he's decided to be more emo than evil lately...
Heh! Gotta love the idiot cats. We have one of those, too. Cheesy
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 May 03, 08:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The wife got a new camera today...

I still can't see.

She got some great shots of Idiot, though! One in particular is very.. Myspace Face. I'm planning on sharing it here, once she'd got them on the computer.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 May 03, 18:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cat condos have always been in a bedroom, except for the one dedicated pet room I've had. Still, barely any cats using the condo, and very inconsistently. The advertising must be super low is all I can figure, but I wouldn't even know how to check. I'm not a whiz at SimPE. Doing CAS template replacements took me three tries because I kept borking it up.

My older cat rarely plays with any toys, and then only ones that rattle. He prefers to pounce on the little one. The little one is always losing his toys under closet doors and couches and the tv stand. Doesn't matter. His favorite toys are my hair clips, which are insanely annoying to hear clinking around on the wood floors at night. The bastards can open drawers and doors, too, so it's a pain to hide them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 May 03, 18:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a cat autonomously sleep on a condo last night, despite the fact there were three catbeds in the room.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 May 03, 19:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a cat autonomously sleep on a condo last night, despite the fact there were three catbeds in the room.

Thus proving that SimCats, like real ones, are just contrary!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 May 03, 19:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim cats should also want to constantly be on the newspaper (especially if someone is using it), like real cats.

witch, I am impressed by your cunning, but the best way to get a cat to sleep somewhere is to wait till they jump on it, and then exclaim "Get off, there, you darn cat!"

My cats had a smaller version of this which is the only cat bed I ever bought that they actually used. You can get all sorts of different combinations and build your own shape.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: