More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:29:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can the horrible werewolf walk be fixed?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can the horrible werewolf walk be fixed?  (Read 12749 times)
nataku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can the horrible werewolf walk be fixed?
« on: 2007 April 24, 00:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as the title asks, I'm wondering if anyone knows if that awful werewolf walk that makes them look like a zombified monkey can be fixed so they walk normally and if it can - has someone made a fix for it?

I've searched MTS2 and InSIM; I found nothing at MTS2 and a request for a fix at InSIM that never got any replies, not even a "sorry but that can't be fixed" reply. I'm not sure where else to look, those 2 and this site are the only Sims 2 sites I usually visit for hack related content.
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Can the horrible werewolf walk be fixed?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 24, 01:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the point in having a werewolf if you don't have the characteristics that make it one? It would be like a zombie without the shuffle. Sad.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 24, 01:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That walk annoys me too.  I don't play zombies or werewolves though.  Tongue
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 24, 02:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had a werewolf yet. Plenty of wolves though.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 24, 03:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Werewolves would NOT shamble like an ape.  They would walk like a dog, not hobble from leg to leg.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 24, 04:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im with Pandagirl..whats the point in being a werewolf if you dont amble?  I think they should do other things to though... like sniff butts like dogs do,  scratch fleas,  lift legs etc..... Tongue

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 24, 06:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the werewolf amble and zombie lurch right up until the point when I try to play said type of sims.  Then it gets really annoying.  Although zombies are a whole magnitude of annoying above werewolves; at least werewolves are fast.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 24, 09:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The werewolf amble runs somewhere speedwise between walk and run. As a walk, it's faster than the regular-walk, but as a run, it's slower than the regular run.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 24, 11:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the walk so much either... Tongue but the fact that the males' hair changes really irks me.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 24, 12:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me (sorry for hijacking), I have an annoying Zombe-Plantsim who lurches around the garden, macro-farming.  And I'm getting really annoyed by his groaning.
Fine!  Zombies groan!  but does he have to groan and talk at the same time?  How does that work?  He's like chatting away at the trees going "Ho-ho borfin dorfin, gaaaahrgh, de-ragudy, uuuohrg!"

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 24, 12:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, actually. In cases where zombies have been known to talk, they often groan: BRAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINS!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 24, 12:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the "borfin dorfin" I'd like to get rid of.  Zombies should stick to "Braaaains!"  Even when talking to plants.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 24, 12:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a walk, it's faster than the regular-walk, but as a run, it's slower than the regular run.

Which of course explains why the heroine has to trip over a tree root in the forest so that the shamblingly slow ab-human creature can catch her,   for the eating of brains.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 24, 13:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the "borfin dorfin" I'd like to get rid of.  Zombies should stick to "Braaaains!"  Even when talking to plants.

I would think that would make the plants turn into Cow Plants.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 24, 15:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think that would make the plants turn into Cow Plants.

Mine stick to "Cheese!" Somehow I think this would be less disturbing when talking to plants, but more disturbing to the cake-loving monster.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 25, 08:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which of course explains why the heroine has to trip over a tree root in the forest so that the shamblingly slow ab-human creature can catch her,   for the eating of brains.
And here I thought it came from using Dex as a dump stat. Although what they were using instead, I can't imagine. They certainly didn't invest it in Int or Wis, and Str/Con/Cha seemed dubious at best.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 25, 22:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for those of you who were confused:

Dex=Dexterity
Int=Intellect
Wis=Wisdom
Str=Strength
Con=?
Cha=Charisma

I will not, however, tell you where these are from.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 25, 23:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Con=?

Con = Constitution.

I had to reread what Pescado said, cause when I read it last night it didn't even occur to me that he'd need translating... I think I'm a dork.  Lips sealed
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 25, 23:08:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah.  That's right.

I haven't palyed in a while so it didn't come to me.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 26, 00:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can also be replaced with Sta but only in rip-offs.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 26, 18:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or just regular old Def.

But in some cases, Def is usually the end result of adding Arm on top of Con.  But not all.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 27, 00:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for those of you who were confused:

Dex=Dexterity
Int=Intellect
Wis=Wisdom
Str=Strength
Con=?
Cha=Charisma

I will not, however, tell you where these are from.

It occurs to me that if someone needed this translation, they wouldn't know what a "dump stat" is anyway, so what good does it do to translate the abbreviations?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 28, 15:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the day when I played with this Game Which Must Not Be Named, the hapless heroine would have failed a save vs. paralyzation/poison, which was often used in various situations as a generic save.  Since she would probably have been a 0-Level NPC, this would have made her chances of falling on the root in question almost guaranteed.  Dex would not have been a factor, unless the DM was free-thinking and open-minded and allowed a Dex mod to the save.  I'm not really that old yet, am I?

As for the werewolf walking, I don't mind so much.  What is terribly disappointing is that they stop the wacky walk to go up or down stairs and such.  What the heck is up with that?  If they can walk normal on stairs, why not all the time?  I just think that if they must have an outrageous gait, then they should also have a unique way of negotiating stairs.  Personally, I would much rather see a fix for that than see them just walk like normals all the time, although I admit that just having it one way or the other would be preferable to the way it is now.  Zombies have the same problem, and it makes the game execution seem sort of unprofessional, incomplete, and lacking.  (I should just say half-assed)

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 28, 15:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back in the day when I played with this Game Which Must Not Be Named, the hapless heroine would have failed a save vs. paralyzation/poison, which was often used in various situations as a generic save.
I thought the traditional dexterity save, if you didn't go with a simple dex check, was Breath Weapon.

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 29, 20:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the traditional dexterity save, if you didn't go with a simple dex check, was Breath Weapon.

I'm sure this could be, or at least it could be argued, in which case it would make the falling even more likely.  I don't remember using 'breath weapon' in such a way, but then again I don't remember much from the '70-80's with any clarity.  I think we used the 'paralyzation/poison' save as generic because it was easiest to roll.  Back then, everyone seemed to have their own ways of doing things, and 'house rules' were the 'rule of the day'.

Just to stay on topic, I think that somewhere, someone, a long time ago made a fix for the Uni-walk that a lot of people hated.  It might have been on MTS2, but I'm not sure because it did not interest me.  It might be worth it to check.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: