More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:59:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Permanently repulsive Townie
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Permanently repulsive Townie  (Read 7580 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Permanently repulsive Townie
« on: 2007 May 26, 13:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm building a new hood, and I have a townie who I want to make permanently utterly repulsive:

(He's the son of the Crazy Cat Lady sim, whom I used as an avatar for a while.)
He's a clone of a sim I had in a previous hood, and was disgusted when the gypsy and wishing well kept dumping him on every romance sim I had.

This time around I'm going to make him a popularity sim, rather than romance, to reduce the risk of that, but I do want him to be a sort of disgusting man about town who drools at all ladies, but I also want them to clearly reject him!
I know an effect of too much love potion makes sims repulsive.  Is there any way I can permanently attatch this attribute to him?  Since he's a townie, and not actually allowed to make friends, I though I might mark his character file as read-only.  Whould that work?

I'd also quite like him to be permanently stinky.  Roll Eyes
this is starting to sound more and more like something Pescado might do in Awesomeland...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Berg
Dimwitted Dunce

I ARE 2 BLAME 4 HUR TYPOES!

View Profile WWW
Re: Permanently repulsive Townie
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 26, 14:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh God, I wish this could be done! I have a perfect pervert/flasher sim as well as a baglady* that I made long ago but it's no fun having then in the 'hood when everyone treats them totally normal! I find your sim and the description of him extremely amusing, by the way.

*Found a picture Cheesy http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/bergsisters/baglady2.jpg

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 26, 14:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is starting to sound more and more like something Pescado might do in Awesomeland...
That does sound like the kind of custom sim-work needed to make a specific sim behave in a very specific way, like the Peeing Brynne, and the Uglybutted Rohina.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 26, 15:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, no chance?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 26, 15:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would there be any way to get special behavior on specific Sims in-game by way of an inventory token, like the way that the money order object works with playableshoppers? Or with some other kind of token system?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 26, 23:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw gowan JM, share your toys, tell us how to attach an emitter to a sim...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 27, 15:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would there be any way to get special behavior on specific Sims in-game by way of an inventory token, like the way that the money order object works with playableshoppers? Or with some other kind of token system?
Token systems and custom controllers ala the Brynne Token and Brynne Controller are how things like this are carried about. The kicker is, in order to do such a thing, you have to have a very specific idea of what you want to do, how you want to do it, and what hooks you'd need in addition to tokens and templates. Then, you have to code the thing. The final result will be strange, esoteric, unusual, and hellishly difficult to maintain and port to anyone else's game due to wide potential for conflict. Besides, no one else would want it. See: The Brynne Code.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 27, 15:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True storytelling possibilities.

And a shared hood with scripted plots - controlled for conflict via insistance that everyone playing the shared hood used the same stuff, namely whoever coded it (director's cut only or whatever).

<weighs this against the headache that is learning to code>

side 1: really really cool and fun and awesome, plots, scripting, NPCs
side 2: the major headache that is coding

<remembers lines and lines and lines of coding and debugging to make the stupid stupid mobile respond properly, one mob, tiny immort area, hours and hours of hassle, and more hours and hours tracking down typos, constant headaches trying to learn to do it and avoid all math and mindboggling, right-brained-unable-to-interpret symbology>

Play pretend works and I don't have anyone to share hoods with anyways.

Weight falls on the not worth it side. Still very cool. <hopes someone else does the hard part someday and lets me play>

Unsouper
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 28, 11:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it any simpler to make a sim anti-attraction? I would love to have a sim or two in my 'hoods that absolutely despise men AND women (plus set to be mean enough that they don't just refuse flirts, they insult as a result.. XD

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 28, 11:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting both gender preferences to negative would result in a sim that gets no bolts for anybody, but also no X-bolts. Attraction reactions will occur either as normal, or not at all (uncertain). By default, the preferences have zero effect beyond that, however. With Romance Mod in place, strong negative preferences would result in rejection for anyone trying to flirt.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 28, 12:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could just make the guy a zombie. I finally played a pair of zombies, and they immediately got negative attraction (x-bolts) with anyone they flirted with, including each other. And just for kicks, I gave them family and romance aspirations, respectively. Poor things wound up in aspiration failure within a day.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 28, 12:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I color binned every last downloaded hairstyle that I had. Now when I want a Sim to be repulsed by certain townies, I make the Sims have a turn-off of custom hair and assign a custom hair to the townie.

It's not as cool and complicated as Pescado's method, but it does the trick, most of the time. There are always a few Sims who find some redeeming quality in the townie.

I've thought about (but haven't tried) making changes in SimPe to make the townie have permanent cologne or stinky. I don't use cologne for my Sims because it wears off. I don't want happily married couples to suddenly find their mate less interesting because their perfume wore off.

Besides, on the stinky turn-on; I don't think that it actually works as a turn-on when a Sim smells bad. I *think* that they consider a Sim a turn-on if they have very low neatness (and therefore is a stinky Sim by nature). Have you ever noticed that Sims who are turned on by stinkyness still complain when another Sim hasn't bathed?

Also, townies that I don't want my playables to fraternize with are left with no gender pref to add to the chances that they won't interact with my Sims. But if your Sim flirts first, then they may get a gender pref from that.

I've had Sims attracted to Zombies before, so that doesn't work for me.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 28, 13:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could just make the guy a zombie. I finally played a pair of zombies, and they immediately got negative attraction (x-bolts) with anyone they flirted with, including each other. And just for kicks, I gave them family and romance aspirations, respectively. Poor things wound up in aspiration failure within a day.

That's actually what I'm doing at the moment. It's not perfect, as he doesn't look nearly as repulsive with the zombie skintone as he does with the Exnem skin, but with the romance mod it does allow him to be horny yet constantly rejected.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 29, 16:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either you don't have Romance Mod (you suck!), or your sims are necrophiles.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 29, 18:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either you don't have Romance Mod (you suck!), or your sims are necrophiles.

Cool! My Sims are necrophiles! Maybe that explains why weird stuff happens like Grand Vamps stalking that one family in the daytime. I had no idea that Sims weren't supposed to be attracted to Zombies. I've only had a few in the game (back before Zombie Apocolypse) and two of them had ongoing love lives with normal Sims. There were even attraction bolts for those zombies in their panel. The female zombie was a slut who jumped into bed with everyone (early ACR days). Looks like I'll have to put some back into the game to see if they are still working like this.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 30, 10:23:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims by default have no awareness of zombieness. The Romance mod is what fixes this, along with tons of other romance-related brokenness, and if you don't have it, you = suck.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 30, 11:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the Romance Mod as long as I can remember, and that turns out to be the problem.

A family member pointed out that my memory is faulty (that's not new news!) It turns out that the last time I had zombies was back when Uni first shipped, it wasn't ACR, but Lizzlove's Bed and the earlier Casual Romance mod. Back in those days I had just found MATY and was picking and choosing mods. I passed up a lot of mods back then because I couldn't find all the documentation and some of the mod names sounded "cheaty". So if Romance mod nixes the zombie attraction, I must be referring to pre-Romance mod days, even though my memory thought that not much time had passed since I had zombies. Definately time to bring them back. I've just been wanting to build my hood large enough before I released the hoards on them.

Sims by default have no awareness of zombieness. The Romance mod is what fixes this, along with tons of other romance-related brokenness, and if you don't have it, you = suck.

Well, my memory = suck, but at least I am More AwesomeTM now than I used to be!

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 01, 17:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So are zombies attracted to other zombies? Or are they too busy thinking about tasty brains? (And how come the romance mod doesn't have a thread?)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 02, 09:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies are attracted to people the normal way, they just can't find a good match since no one is attracted back.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: