More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:29:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Huge recolour project
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Huge recolour project  (Read 28763 times)
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
Re: Huge recolour project
« Reply #25 on: 2007 May 03, 20:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the "Venus" hair.

but I don't see the mesh for it at the graveyard either. 

There's no Sussi's in the booty at all, being as her 'pay' site is no more.

I'm sure eventually it will be uploaded to MTS2, if it isn't hiding there already.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 May 04, 00:13:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the site has the colours up, and i'm assuming the mesh is just included. i'm too lazy to go back and check. :l

Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 May 21, 16:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either your pictures are crap, or you didnt look at the recolors properly, lol.
Do you realize using the Color Balance tool will take the texture's quality down and pollute it with all kind of blocky green/brown/purple/whatever shit?
(And btw, how does replacing fire engine red with blazing orange improve anything? Tongue)
Before calling creators colorblind, let's call it crappy taste instead.

Now let's take a look at your 'improved' stuff, and tell me who's colorblind:

http://i18.tinypic.com/4p29mjk.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/4maj5v7.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/65zqecn.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/52ar1j6.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/6ftqhhy.jpg

Now improve, or be mocked along with the other creators.

« Last Edit: 2007 May 21, 16:54:44 by Noukie » Logged
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 May 21, 18:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always assumed Sunair and others like her must be taking their cue from some anime or other, where weird hair colors are rampant.  Their Sim models always look very Japanese-cartoony.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 May 21, 19:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(And btw, how does replacing fire engine red with blazing orange improve anything? Tongue)

I had wondered that myself, didn't download any of the recolours, partially because I mostly preferred the originals. (Of the few hairs I have that are the same as these). I didn't know you could degrade mesh textures by changing the colours - that would explain a lot of what I see on the net.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 May 21, 20:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Either your pictures are crap, or you didnt look at the recolors properly, lol.
Do you realize using the Color Balance tool will take the texture's quality down and pollute it with all kind of blocky green/brown/purple/whatever shit?
Before calling creators colorblind, let's call it crappy taste instead.

Now let's take a look at your 'improved' stuff, and tell me who's colorblind:

http://i18.tinypic.com/4p29mjk.jpg
http://i9.tinypic.com/4maj5v7.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/65zqecn.jpg
http://i1.tinypic.com/52ar1j6.jpg
http://i13.tinypic.com/6ftqhhy.jpg

Now improve, or be mocked along with the other creators.

the reds with the green/blue/whatever blocks and stuff are like the first ones i did.
:C
i've improved.

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 May 21, 21:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get discouraged, hon.

You had to expect, though, that the snarky tone you took (very funny, don't get me wrong) would invite similar snarky critique of your own efforts.

There are Photoshop tuts out there that can give you quick guides as to what tools are best for what. Colour Balance is not always the best way, even if it is quick'n'dirty to use.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 May 22, 13:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I'm a women, women like to bitch. Would you liek me to show you some nice tricks to recolor?
Don't expect much, cuz I'm colorblind... lol j/k.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 May 22, 14:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no Sussi's in the booty at all, being as her 'pay' site is no more.

I beg to differ. I actually got hold of the hair from there, which is why I was so insistent that that's where I got it. Cheesy

Although, now that I'm back there & actually looking for the file, it isn't bloody there. Now you guys are going to kick my scrawny arse for tossing all of the stuff I'd acquired for my victorian hood when I scrapped that project due to way too much brokeness. :p

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 May 23, 06:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all Sussi's pay stuff, if you want any of it...

-Skadi

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 May 23, 07:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of Sussi's stuff got dumped to MTS2, check there. Also try that Graveyard site. Also, why is this site called "Death to Raon", yet you only have like two Raons there?
« Last Edit: 2007 May 23, 07:42:23 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 May 23, 20:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i dunno
i like the way it sounds?

nouk,
thanks but i've learned to use the brown to make the reds now and then adjust the... whatever it's called
i was using the blondes originally

see? no ugly blue squares Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 May 23, 22:40:23 by frivolous » Logged

twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 May 23, 22:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I'm a women, women like to bitch. Would you liek me to show you some nice tricks to recolor?
Don't expect much, cuz I'm colorblind... lol j/k.

If there are tricks using bodyshop to recolor hair I would like to hear them all...I don't have any of the good paint programs so the tricks would have to be for bodyshop.

Thanks Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 May 24, 00:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twink:

http://www.getpaint.net/index2.html

Paint.net, free photoshop-esqe program available on the internet.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 May 24, 05:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Body Shop doesn't have ANY ability to edit graphics by itself, so no, there are no tricks for it. Get thee hence to www.gimp.org (or try out this GetPaint thing which I know nothing about; I used to use GIMP when I had a Linux box), download a powerful free graphics program, and get cracking. Wink

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 May 24, 06:34:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're used to Photoshop, then Gimp is difficult to get used to, but if you've never used a photo-editing software of any kind, it's as good as any to start with.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 15, 22:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Real hair doesn't have 'highlights and shading' consisting of big white splodges, though, but I'll admit many of the originals I looked at didn't, either.

And 'real red hair' is far closer to orange than to pink, unless you mean 'red hair' as in 'dyed red' and not the sort of red hair that typically comes with freckly, pale skin (the former might be more common, though, depends where you live).

Personally, I don't mind some dyed-red hair along with the natural, or varying shades of brown, because it allows me to add more realism to my game. But some 'hair colours' (for example, Peggy's trademark yellow-crayon 'blonde', don't know if she's still attached to that), they're beyond naff. Pretty much no matter what you do to them, you can't make them worse XD
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 15, 22:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, some red in brown isn't unrealistic. Not all brown is mud-brown or crap-brown. My dad's hair is black, and he's african-american, with the standard afro-curls (he keeps his hair clipped short, but I've seen pics). My mother has red hair, and she's some type of white. My hair came out auburn, mostly brown with some red in it, as well as curly. I've never seen anyone with crap-brown hair like some of the pics.

INFP or something
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 16, 01:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This site is full of lovely recolor sets of mostly pay hair, with all four color plus grey, properly binned and family-linked. I've gotten rid of the originals for every single hair that I already had that she's recolored, and downloaded at least one that I hadn't bothered with before: http://rissa-styles.tevalon.de/

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 16, 02:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw that earlier. Someone was complaining on S2C that "Do all you filesharers really just want the whole community to be full of sites like this one? I can't even tel the difference! There's no creativity! At least paysites are original!"

I was all, "um, yes? A good recolor is better than more crappy meshes any day."

INFP or something
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 16, 02:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very true. I've dumped many good meshes too, because of the horrid colors. Asian sites have a really bad habit of making reds pink or fire engine red Sad

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 16, 02:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have met people with red hair that is indeed orange. One of my best friends since 3rd grade. Her hair is Orange and so is the hair of several members of her family. Although I haven't actually seen the natural color in awhile. Its been blue, purple, bright pink, so forth so on. However from 3rd grade until 8th it was orange I think it may have darkened since then, little hard to tell with as little as you see her roots.

My hair has natural highlights. There are some individual hairs that are a dark blond\light brown and then theres some that would be a red\brown, they don't congregate in clumps of course. My brown hair is nearly black.

I support this project. Alot of hair colors are just weird in comparison to others. I don't care if its fire engine red but i do not want it in my red bin, that is not a natural color and it should be in custom. Where as maxis colors aren't that great i would still like the colors to be somewhat consistent. Those damn red colors that are not found anywhere in nature, those blonds in brown, and those dark browns that are still none-the less brown are in black, it annoys he shit out of me and i have spent days re-binning before. My hair is so dark a brown that its almost black but these browns being put in black are a very definite chocolate nearly every time, and in fact the color is usually seen as the staple of the color brown o mos of the populous.

Sshodan does not sound pleasant. What? You play with my toys my way or i take them home and you never see me or them again so there? Sounds almost like she should be sticking her tongue out at you like a child at the end of that message. Not even a screenshot, just wow.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 20, 19:20:13 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 20, 05:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, don't listen to them. What's called 'red' hair on humans is not red. It's orange.  Real human hair of the color people call 'red' is, in fact, orange. It might be more accurate to call it 'ginger'.  Or 'tangerine'.  Or just fucking say orangeheads, instead of redheads and stop trying to pretend it's something other than what it is -- it's fucking orange.

There are people with darker hair that has a reddish color; people who have reddish-brown hair.  That is called auburn. It's not the same thing as 'red' hair, which is orange.

And there are plenty of real people with 'mud brown' hair. Several of them in my family.

In other words, I like your recolors. I may actually download some hair now.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
jacay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 24, 20:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahahaha, thank you so much. I don't even have like any of these hairs, but reading through those was great, plus I too get really mad at terrible colors. There's this one I have...I don't know what they were trying to color, but it clearly wasn't hair. Maybe a dead animal. I'm not sure.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: