More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 05:20:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Huge recolour project
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Huge recolour project  (Read 28686 times)
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
Huge recolour project
« on: 2007 April 22, 04:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yesterday i got my bodyshop to work after what, 2 years? i proceeded to recolour 2000 hairs and decided to share them. then i thought, hey.. why not do a whole bunch of hairs? so i culled the DL folder and downloaded every hair i could come across.

this site is currently small and has very little on it and i'm basically adding the DL links right now... but i'll add more as time goes by:
http://www.freewebs.com/death-to-raon/

i'm sure you're more used to hacks and whatnot but i know very few people take the time to recolour their hairs for personal use as it's boring, tedious work. plus, sims file vault is down. so, ta-da. if this is against some kind of rule or something like that just delete the thread.

note: i am using pets bodyshop

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Huge recolour project
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 22, 05:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Big job. So, you don't like pink?  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 22, 05:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, witch.  I got that impression too.

Cool site though.  I really enjoyed the comments. keep 'em coming!

PS Sussi So Good Sims  stuff is now at MTS2.  http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=763187 and http://www.modthesims2.com/member.php?u=54226

I'm sure that the hair with the bun and braid is there now.  But maybe not... I don't see it.  Odd I'm sure I have in the past... 
« Last Edit: 2007 April 22, 05:50:52 by dewshine » Logged

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 22, 06:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea i looked all over for that sussi hair and couldn't find it. D:

i have the mesh, it's just been swallowed up by my other 10 gigs of crap lol.

and coming from someone who has pink hair irl... YES THE "PINK=RED" TREND MUST DIE.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 22, 20:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your site really shows the color-blind creator problem that's rampant in the community. Peggy, Rose, and Sunair are three of the worst  offenders, followed by XM (who are doing better as of a few months ago). I don't know WTF their problem is, really. Pink is not red. I especially get pissed off when they bin  their weirdo pink hair in the red color bin.

Besides the pink = red idiocy, there is also the blue = black idiocy. Whatta 'ya know, the same creators as above are the worst offenders. Blue = black actually can annoy me more than pink = red, because the pink can still be used if left in the custom bin, but the idiotic blue is just useless crap that I have  to edit.

Fail.
torawashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 23, 02:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also seen brown in the black bin, blond in the brown bin, and creators who think "blonde" means BRIGHT CANARY YELLOW. Drives me NUTS. This is wonderful. How were the recolors done, BTW? Did you use color sliders in Photoshop or were the textures completely replaced? I know I had a hard time with some of XMSims stuff because some of the textures had so much white.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 23, 02:22:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also seen brown in the black bin, blond in the brown bin, and creators who think "blonde" means BRIGHT CANARY YELLOW. Drives me NUTS.

Ditto. Peggy is especially bad about this. Dark brown does not = black, dark blonde does not = brown...and wtf is up with red hair? I freely admit I do not know how to make or recolor anything in body shop but my god, some of the shades of "red" hair I see is astounding. Pink, fire engine red, ghastly orange. I can love every other color of a new hair until I get to the red and then it's WTF?

Is red hair really that hard to do?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 23, 03:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Totally cracking up at your comments.

"I'm sorry. What the fuck?"

Grin

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 24, 03:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey thanks for all the comments everyone, i'll put some more up now

Is red hair really that hard to do?

not really, i just extract the brown colour and adjust the contrast until it's red. HOWEVER, some people can't even make a decent brown, and i have to create the red from scratch. i seriously wonder what is going through these peoples' heads when they're colouring their stuff...

"OOPS I MADE IT TOO BRIGHT, oh well i'm too lazy to go back and fix it. instant $2.50!"

then there's people like sunair and rose who always use the EXACT same crap shades for every hair they do. funny how they both charge for it too.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 26, 18:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shouldn't have been reading your site at work since, um, it's hard to explain why I'm laughing so hard to my coworkers.

This mesh is disgusting. Will someone PLEASE tell me what's up with those pigtails..?!? If it had been uploaded in 2004, I might have been able to sympathize just a bit. But 2006?

You win.

Also, I love to colourbin hair so maybe I can help out. My kids laugh at me because I am so freakish about colourbinning - "You spend more time doing that than playing the game, Mom." "Well, it's fun. For ME."
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 27, 00:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get that Sussi hair from The Sims 2 Graveyard: http://sims2graveyard.com/

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
alkaloid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 28, 21:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Sshodan hates women that much, huh?

ANYWAY, do you need help with binning? It's not hard - SimPE just has a very user-unfriendly GUI.
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 29, 14:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm going to try colourbinning the next hairs. it's just that the one time i did try it a few months ago my DL folder was super unorganized and i couldn't find ANY hairs lol, and then i never tried again. thanks for the offers.

Baronetess
polonius
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 29, 23:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your reds are much nicer.  I actually like the ones you say are too vibrant. *shrug*

Also love the comments.  I think this was my favorite:

Darkened. The salad tucked away in the back also got darkened. Doesn't look any worse, though.

Cheesy Cheesy
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 30, 06:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would absolutely love to download yoru recolours, unfortunatley the file hoster is really good at hiding your file under a metric fuckton of spam. Can you give me a hint, please?

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 30, 07:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

then there's people like sunair and rose who always use the EXACT same crap shades for every hair they do. funny how they both charge for it too.
Hey, at least it's consistent. What would be WORSE if they used DIFFERENT crap shades. Instead you can just apply the same HSV adjust that worked on the previous one, so the crappiness of the shading is, at least, representative of a difference of opinion rather than purely shoddy workmanship.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 30, 23:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would absolutely love to download yoru recolours, unfortunatley the file hoster is really good at hiding your file under a metric fuckton of spam. Can you give me a hint, please?

it's under the giant ugly google ad in the middle of the page. or just ctrl + f "Download for free with FileFactory Basic"

edit: ok, you know what i just realized? the files on this site expire after like a week. BUT, i know how to fix that. give me time.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 30, 23:38:18 by frivolous » Logged

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 May 02, 15:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are my new favourite person ever, not least because you caught on to FTP so quick. *glee*

ENNYway. I just saw the note from Sshodan. WTF??? You can't post recolours of refits someone else made?

That makes a sense that is not.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 May 02, 15:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Frivolous. I wouldn't bitch so hard, but I need those damn recolours of yours. Cheesy

torawashi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 May 02, 16:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Sshodan hates women that much, huh?

ANYWAY, do you need help with binning? It's not hard - SimPE just has a very user-unfriendly GUI.
Yanno, that post makes me want to make female versions of every single hair that psychotic bitch has just out of spite. You can't even make a version for your own personal use and take a screenshot? What the fuck.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 May 02, 17:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just got around to looking at your site and must applaud you!  Great work.

Also, thought you might like to know (posting here is easier than emailing, hope you don't mind) the link for the Chinafan Sims mesh takes you to XMSims.  Of course, anyone with half a brain can figure out how to find it, but that criteria might exclude some sheep folk Tongue

frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 May 03, 00:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah the chinafan hair is just a retexture of that xmsims mesh. ;p

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 May 03, 02:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh!  Sorry, I'll shut up now  Grin

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 May 03, 04:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frivolous, you say on your site that the sussi hair is no longer available, which isn't strictly true, since I got it through the booty - via a link from your website iirc. I downloaded it on the weekend.

frivolous
Asinine Airhead

STOP MAKING SHIT MESHES

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 May 03, 19:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

are you sure? i strictly remember the hair being free, as in i downloaded it straight from her site when it existed. plus i've already checked the booty... maybe i'm missing something? lol.

tamha said the mesh is at the sims 2 graveyard but that site doesn't provide pictures so i still don't which file is which. :B

edit: nevermind, turns out they do have pics. found it.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 03, 19:54:07 by frivolous » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: