More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:24:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Program to help remove clothing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Program to help remove clothing  (Read 3349 times)
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Program to help remove clothing
« on: 2007 April 21, 23:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody know what good program can help me identify which clothing to remove from my game?

A Sims Nightmare!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Program to help remove clothing
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 21, 23:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BodyShop?

You can use Delphy's Download Organizer from MTS2 (just go to http://www.modthesims2.com and search for DDO) to tell if you've got stray meshes or textures.

jfade is working on a special purpose proggie that will show you the thumbnails used in the game and let you delete stuff, but he's not done yet.
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 21, 23:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thxs for the quick reply and helpful info. Wink

A Sims Nightmare!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 22, 19:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also delete clothing in-game using the CAS, if you don't want to bother with BodyShop. I think either method can leave behind orphaned textures, though, so you'll still want to clean those up, at some point, by using one of the above mentioned programmes.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 22, 21:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We have a bunch of tools that all do slightly different variations of the same thing. I like to use them in combination.

For example, Clean Installer can tell you what type of file something is. So, the first thing I do when I have a batch of unsorted stuff is run Clean Installer and separate everything according to type. Clothing, Mesh, Eyeliner, Hair, etc.

For clothing, I then run SimPE's Scan Folders, without thumbnail preview. This is very quick. Once the scan completes I sort the stuff by Age or by Catalog Category.

Here's how to move stuff around using SimPE's scan. You probably know that it won't let you move files while the scan is running. So, you select the files you want to move, then under Operations you disable the package. Now, without exiting SimPE, you can move the disabled files into a new folder. Later on you can simply enable them again.

So, after having finished with SimPE's scan, I usually end up with all clothing separated by age and/or catalog category. They are in sub-folders.

This makes it easy to sort things out in Bodyshop.

Or, if the problem is that clothing is in the wrong categories, I can sort by category in SimPE and change the categories. Turning on thumbnail preview is probably enough, although you may need to open the files. Some people don't know this, but you can open a file right from the Scan results and then return to the Scan results afterwards without losing your place or needing to run the Scan again.

In any case, the tools we currently hae can help get clothing organized before going into Bodyshop to do some final pruning. Trying to use only Bodyshop when you have hundreds of files is simply impossible. I usually run Bodyshop only with fewer than 50 files installed at a time.

I should mention that I quarantine all new downloads before I put them into my game. I do a lot of editing, like changing categories, etc. I've never found it difficult using the above methods. The same could be done if you've allowed your Downloads folder to get out of control.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: