More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:51:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  ReNuYu Orb LTW Hack (Updated 9/14/2008)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ReNuYu Orb LTW Hack (Updated 9/14/2008)  (Read 17656 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
ReNuYu Orb LTW Hack (Updated 9/14/2008)
« on: 2007 April 19, 02:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ReNuYu Orb LTW Hack v1.01 for TS2AL v1.0p0
Made by: syberspunk

Are you sick and tired of all your sims having the same boring ole darned LTWs, zOMG WTF STFU GTFO!!??!111oneone  But did you wish that re-rolling an LTW should actually cost something i.e. nothing in life is free.  Well then, this hack is for you.  It adds an interaction to the ReNuYu Orb to reroll or cycle LTWs, but it requires aspiration points, just as if you used the ReNuYu Orb to change Aspiration completely.

It still requires that a sim be at gold/silver aspiration level to succeed.  Using the option when you do not have the appropriate level will result in the typical "failure" outcome.  Don't say I didn't warn ya. Tongue

Note: Re-rolling doesn't guarantee that your Lifetime Want will actually change.  There is still a good chance that you may end up with the same LTW.

Also, your sim will not get an extra memory for just changing LTW (unless your sim "fails" of course).

As an added bonus, you will have the option to re-charge the ReNuYu orb (well, it's a bonus if you weren't using the asprechargehack already Tongue).

INSTALLATION:
This MUST be in your Downloads folder, typically found under:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\Downloads

:!!: Note: You can use subfolders, however, be aware of 'benign' conflicts that depend on the load order of hacks.

Compatibility:

Obviously this requires Nightlife.  It theoretically should be compatible with NL and later.

This hack is compatible with asprechargehack by FFS (but just in case, make sure this hack loads last).

This hack is compatible with most, if not all mods by MATY crew (Pescado, TJ, and CBoy), dizzy, and probably more. Again, up to you to help me determine any possible conflicts.

REMINDER and fine print (to cover my ass ) :
Remember to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DATA BEFORE INSTALLING NEW HACKS. By using this hack, you agree to absolve me of any responsibility or liability for any potential loss of or damage to your data. You have been warned.

HOW TO REPORT: Conflicts, problems, or errors
I would appreciate any constructive criticism and feedback that is actually helpful. With that in mind, it would be helpful, when reporting any conflicts or issues, that you include the following:

1) thorough but reasonably brief description of what you were doing
2) clear, comprehendible explanation of your problem
3) list of hacks that may be related aging, moving in sims, or inheritance
4) archived (.rar or .zip) of log produced by error

HOW TO PRODUCE AN ERROR LOG:
1) Open the cheat menu - Ctrl + Shift + C
2) Enable the debug mode - Type: boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
3) Hit Enter Tongue
4) Play as normal until an error occurs. If an error dialog box pops up, note the location of the error log and choose Reset. If the error pops up repeatedly, choose Delete and exit WITHOUT SAVING!
5) Post your error log here, preferably as a .zip or .rar archive.

Posts which do not include a clear description of what your problem is will be pretty much ignored. (i.e. posts such as "This does not work! I am taking it out! You suck! Nice try! etc.") I can't and won't help you if you don't explain what's wrong.

Please be nice when trying to explain your problem and I might be nice and help you.

Finally, my Thank Yous go to:

J.M. Pescado, twojeffs, dizzy2, and jase439 for being excellent tutors and providing excellent models in their mods. As always, thanks to those creators who've put out some excellent modding tutorials, Quaxi and co for SimPE, and dizzy2 for disaSim2, and the finally letters T and S, and the number 2, all of whom, without which this mod would not be possible.

Special Credit: goes to FFS for the actual code that I just narfed, modified slightly, and stuffed into the ReNuYu Orb. Tongue

Version History:
v1.01 - Updated for Freetime

Here you can see the additional option to change lifetime want (as well as the re-charge option if you don't already have asprecharge):

Here is this sim's Lifetime Want:

Here is the dialog with options to re-roll, cycle, and cancel:

Here is the Lifetime Want after re-rolling.

* renuyuorbltwhack.zip (4.51 KB - downloaded 613 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 September 15, 05:21:17 by syberspunk » Logged

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: ReNuYu Orb LTW Hack
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 19, 04:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which is which?

INFP or something
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 19, 05:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I double attached. Should be fixed now. Tongue

Ste

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 19, 19:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I cycle through the LTWs until I get to the one I want, does it cost more points for each LTW that is bypassed or is it a one time cost where I can cycle until I find the LTW I wanted?

And to clarify, Reprogram self=the old Maxis way? Or does it allow changing of LTW the new improved way as well as allowing new Turn ons/offs?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 19, 19:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I guess I'm confused -- in what way is this different/better than using the college clock or lot debugger to reroll their LTW?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Raene
Asinine Airhead

Blah.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 19, 19:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's less cheaty, for those who prefer that, since you have to pay for it with asp. points.

~Raene/Nikki
Eventually I might plop something of interest here.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 19, 19:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, by the time most of my sims get to the point where I'd consider using the ReNuYu Orb, they have so many aspiration points that they could never use them anyway all unless I kept them alive forever, and even then they'd still be gathering more. Smiley I pretty much only change the aspirations of sims that are already perma-plat from fulfilling their previous LTW.

To me the only advantage of this is that you get to reroll the LTW at the same time you're changing the aspiration, which saves a step, I guess. But I'm curious to see what Ste has to say about it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 19, 20:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I cycle through the LTWs until I get to the one I want, does it cost more points for each LTW that is bypassed or is it a one time cost where I can cycle until I find the LTW I wanted?

Well... I just snarfed the "Cycle LTW" interaction from the FFS Lot Debugger.  I'm not quite sure how it works, as I haven't used it extensively... but I assume it just "steps through" the valid (?) LTWs in a progressive, iterative manner.  So, this guarantees that you will get a different LTW, but it won't necessarily be "random" per se.

Since that's how the "original" interaction worked, that is how it works with this hack.  As a result, each time you use the option, it will "eat" up one of the uses from the Orb.  So yes, it costs more points for each LTW that you bypass, but you have to do this by queuing up the interaction each time you want to use it.  I can probably think of a way to make the interaction loop until you have chosen the LTW that you prefer and then only "charge" your sim a one time aspiration points "fee" once you exit.

And to clarify, Reprogram self=the old Maxis way? Or does it allow changing of LTW the new improved way as well as allowing new Turn ons/offs?

Yes.  Isn't that the default text?  I'm pretty sure I didn't change that text.  Huh  I don't remember exactly what the interaction was before... but I'm pretty sure I just pulled the pie menu strings from the Seasons object package and just added my own.  I don't think I changed anything that already existed...

Reprogram self is just the old Maxis way, which changes Aspiration, LTW, Turn ons/offs and will add the memory.

It's less cheaty, for those who prefer that, since you have to pay for it with asp. points.

This is exactly the reason I wanted this for myself.  I kinda just threw it together and figured I'd share it if other people wanted it.  As I said in my first post, I didn't want to just re-roll LTWs without sims having to pay something for it.  It's just a trivial thing really.  But I also didn't want to have to use the Orb to change Aspiration if I only wanted to change the LTW.  I wanted to avoid sims getting all the extra memories.  So, here is a way to re-roll the LTW and sorta be less cheaty.

It is one step less to change Aspiration, LTW, and Turn Ons/Offs if you do it all in one action, but for some of my sims, I only want to change the LTW.  But I felt like wanting my sims to still be subject to some randomness rather than getting re-rolls for "free" so to speak.

If your sims have tons of Asp points, then it wouldn't matter anyway.  But this is helpful for me, because I still have plenty of "green" sims who are "fresh" out of CAS or in their early stages of teen or young adulthood.  And far too many of them are "stuck" with the same boring ole LTWs. Tongue

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 20, 16:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds very interesting, Ste.  Thanks for sharing it with us. 

I'm curious about one of your Sim's wants.  In the third picture, the first want there doesn't look familiar.  I don't think I've played a fortune sim since I installed Seasons, though. 
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 20, 19:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not entirely sure, but I think that's the "play marco polo" want. I've yet to actually fulfill it, but most of my Sims don't have pools.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: