More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 15:59:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Ye Olde Simmes 2 Archives: Dead Creators
| |-+  Ye Olde Syberspunke Archives (Moderator: syberspunk)
| | |-+  Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008  (Read 47550 times)
syberspunk
Heretic

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Room 314 - Updated 3/29/2008
« on: 2007 April 19, 02:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The I in Team

This thread will be for experimental stuffeths.

Hot Tub Hack

Features:

Includes features of mods listed below.
Adds check to see if a sim will still get in the hot tub depending on the weather conditions:
  If it is raining, then the greater the severity of the storm, the "smarter" they must be (i.e. have more logic points) to avoid entering the hot tub autonomously.
  Sims may still enter the hot tub if they are in a bad mood or "depressed" (i.e. their aspiration level is low/in the red).
Sims will be more likely to exit the hot tub
  If it is raining, then the greater the severity of the storm, the "smarter" they must be (i.e. have more logic points) to have a higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  The lazier a sim is (< 300 active) then they will be more likely to stay in the hot tub.
  Sims with more "experience" being shocked/electrocuted (i.e. the more memories they have) will have a higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  Sims in a relatively good mood (green or greater) will have a slightly higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  Sims with higher aspiration level (gold or better) will have a corresponding increasingly (i.e. the greater the level the higher chance) higher chance of exiting the hot tub.
  The chance of exiting the hot tub will have a upper cap of 90%.

Compatibility:

Modifies BHAVs found in:

1)  Lizz Loves Teen Tub Fix

Allows teens to enter hot tub, even if other sims are naked.
Prevents nudity if there are any children in the room.

2) CBOY_nudist_itrem.package

Allows sims to enter tub while naked.

3) WooHooTeens_6h_Seasons.package

Allows teens to enter hot tub.

This hack obviously needs testing.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I'd especially like to know if sims are actually acting "smarter" and not getting into hot tubs when it's raining, as well as if there is a reduction in sims being struck by lightning.  I could also potentially reduce the overall chance in general, but i wanted to see how this works.

Version History:
v0.01 - tweaked exiting code; added electrocution memory (I think Tongue)

Gardening Fitness and Body Skilling with Fun for Some (Try saying that 3x fast Tongue)  Hack

Features:

Sims now gain body and fitness while doing gardening related interactions that include:
  • Trim (bushes)
  • Water Flowers
  • Pull Out (weeds)
  • Tend
  • Water
  • Spray
  • Harvest
  • Plant (plots)
  • Fertilize (plots)
  • :new: Tend (orchard trees)
  • :new: Spray (orchard trees)
  • :new: Harvest (orchard trees)

It should also affect the [Action] Many options as well.  For some interactions that are fairly singular, such as trimming and weed pulling, the body and fitness bars will probably only increase on a small scale, since the interaction doesn't take very long.  But it definitely does increase as I have had sims gain points after finishing trimming a bush or pulling a weed.  Ideally, it might make more sense to build a separate 'Garden' interaction that tells a sim to do all garden related options (sort of like how macrotastics and the NPC gardner works), but I'm too lazy to do it that way.

A request was made to add body skilling to raking leaves as well, but I think it currently adds cleaning points.  I'm not sure if there are any interactions that build more than one skill point (I can't think of any).  So, I'm a bit wary (ha! I spelt it correctly, this time Tongue) of trying that.  It's probably doable, but I think I'd prefer that an action not build two types of skills.  I don't really consider fitness a skill.  And the dance skill is sort of a different 'type' of skill anyway.  But I digress...

Additionally, sims who have a greater interest in the environment will gain fun (>= 500).  I was possibly thinking of adding Fortune Aspiration sims too... since they tend to get obsessed with buying up a whole bunch of plants and garden related crap, if you happen to trigger that want tree.  I'm open to other suggestions as well.  I wasn't sure what other characteristics of a sim could be used to determine whether they have fun gardening or not.

Compatibility:

gardeningfun.package - credit to the original author for the idea, whom I don't remember, but I'm pretty sure this was from MTS2

This hack needs some testing as I kinda just slapped it together, so I have no idea if it will work or not.  It shouldn't blow up your game tho. Tongue  I had a simpler, pre-Seasons version that worked ok, and I've actually had sims gain body and fitness from autonomously pulling weeds.  It was actually funny to see some dormies gain some muscle from this (thanks to fitnessforall).

Version History:
v0.01 - Fixed undefined transition error; added code to handle orchard trees.

Less Autonomous College Research (or No Party Research) Hack has moved to its own thread here.

Ste

could I possibly use any more stupid Tongue smileys?

* gardenfitnessbodyandfunforsome.package (7.73 KB - downloaded 1023 times.)
* zhottubhack.package (8.54 KB - downloaded 782 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 March 29, 17:34:04 by syberspunk » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Room 314
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 01, 01:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this still apply if the hot tub is indoors?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 01, 02:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any chance of making it so that getting struck by lightning causes the 'got electrocuted' memory to show? The fact that your mod counts electrocution memories makes the lack of this recollection seem a bit more important now. I definitely do like all the other features, though.
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 01, 16:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested... and this is my first findings:

I directed my Sim to use the hot tub, and once her fun and comfort were maxed, she immediately got out of the hot tub.  I'm not sure if that was tied to a hack I removed prior to reloading the lot (I had Squinge's "no staying in hot tub all day" and this hack at the same time when I loaded the lot originally, but I didn't save and took out Squinge's hack afterwards.)  I've since deleted the hot tub and bought her a new one.  My Sim also has maxed platinum aspiration and has never been struck by lightning or electrocuted.  She also has maxed out logic points.

It's also the fall, so I will need to change it to spring to get more rain.  I'll update again later.

[Update]
I had to use SimWardrobe's seasons & weather controller to make it rain.  Anyway, I made it rain, then I directed my Sim to go into the hot tub.  She went in, but then she quickly went out.  Comfort was not maxed.  Then I stopped the rain, directed my Sim to go back into the hot tub, and she sat there for a few minutes.  Then I made it rain again.  Comfort was not maxed, and she quickly got out of the hot tub.  I know I keep mentioning "comfort" but I'm just covering my bases as it might be a residual effect of Squinge's hack even though it's been since removed.

It's probably going to take me days to see if she goes into the hot tub autonomously, but I just wanted to let you know.  I hope this helps.

Do you know when they'd use a hot tub autonomously?  I know visitors tend to flock to hot tubs after they've been greeted, but how about the lot owner?

[Update #2]
So my Sim invited her boyfriend over and he brought over a friend.  I turned weather off and directed her to get into the hot tub and then invite the other two to join her.  They both got in.  Then I made it rain again, and they all got out.  I didn't check their motives to see where they were at.

I did another test, and my Sim got hit by lightning in the hot tub.  Is there a "no lightnings ever" hack?  I think getting hit by lightning is totally unrealistic.  I know it happens, but still...

[Update #3]
My Sim autonomously used the hot tub.  It just turned Winter and she got out before her temperature was red.  Also, her comfort and fun was maxed out.  I'm guessing it's because it turned Winter.  Then again, before this hack, my Sims have gone into the hot tub during the winter and stayed there until their temperature was spiking.  I have a non-awesome hack that prevents them from spontaneously combusting.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 01, 20:53:41 by daysies » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 02, 01:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this still apply if the hot tub is indoors?

It should check if the hot tub is outdoors only... I think I added the code after it runs the line including the lua that checks if it's considered outdoors.

Is there any chance of making it so that getting struck by lightning causes the 'got electrocuted' memory to show? The fact that your mod counts electrocution memories makes the lack of this recollection seem a bit more important now. I definitely do like all the other features, though.

Hrm... I thought that the lightning strike actually added that memory.  I think I will have to look at the code again.  I think the only reason I added that was because I could have sworn I had seen this somewhere.... back to the drawing board I go... which I have to anyway, cuz I ran into a bug. Tongue

And daysies (don't think I'd forgotten about the gardening hack... I kinda slapped something together today, so maybe I'll post it for testing too), the sims exiting due to comfort maxed out is cuz of my hack.  I was kinda experimenting with it, and I will have to tweak it more now.  I'm finding it difficult myself now keeping my sims in hot tubs long enough to woohoo. Tongue

I'll be tweaking it a bit more and hopefully have a new version up soon.

Ste

daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 02, 13:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And daysies (don't think I'd forgotten about the gardening hack... I kinda slapped something together today, so maybe I'll post it for testing too), the sims exiting due to comfort maxed out is cuz of my hack.  I was kinda experimenting with it, and I will have to tweak it more now.  I'm finding it difficult myself now keeping my sims in hot tubs long enough to woohoo. Tongue
Oh goodie!  Smiley  I'll test your gardening hack, too, whenever you decide to put it up.

I'm glad the maxed comfort wasn't coming from any of my other hacks because I wasn't about to take them all out!  *whew*  My Sims rarely get below 1/2 comfort because I have a hack that really makes their motive decay go reaaaaal slow.  I guess I could take it out for the sake of this test.  Wink  Does hygiene decay when you're in the hot tub?  Maybe you could use that as a factor.  If it goes to 1/2 then they jump out.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 03, 04:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I've tweaked some of the hot tub stuff.  I added the electrocuted memory thingie (at least I think I did).  I haven't had a chance to test this yet, but as Pescado claims, these things tend to not happen when you are 'obviously' trying to make them happen, so...

I looked at the exiting code... and it looks pretty much identical to the Maxis EA default.  I even disconnected some lines to throw errors at certain points, so I could make sure it wasn't a result of the code I added, and it appears that the exiting due to comfort should be regular Maxis EA behaviour. Huh  It looks like it checks hunger, energy, bladder, and comfort levels, which may vary depending on the type of hot tub.  If comfort level is above the designated threshold, then it rechecks hunger, energy, or bladder with different thresholds.

I relinked a part of the code that, if a sim still manages to pass all these (and thus, still wants to stay in), it will check their social level.  If a sim's social level is high, they will exit.  If it is low, and there are other sims in the tub, they should stay.  If you find that sims are still exiting the tub fairly quickly, perhaps I can throw in some randomness with sims staying in, maybe based on personality (lazy? outgoing? playful?) and aspiration (pleasure, romance, fortune, popularity?).

Also, uploaded the gardening hack for testing.  I haven't quite thoroughly tested it myself as I do not have any gardens really.  But the bush trimming, flower watering, and weed pulling worked for me.  I have yet to try any of the Seasons related garden stuff.

Ste

Ethendrelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 03, 07:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Gardening & fun:
Additionally, sims who have a greater interest in the environment will gain fun (>= 500).  I was possibly thinking of adding Fortune Aspiration sims too... since they tend to get obsessed with buying up a whole bunch of plants and garden related crap, if you happen to trigger that want tree.  I'm open to other suggestions as well.  I wasn't sure what other characteristics of a sim could be used to determine whether they have fun gardening or not.

What about having active sims (e.g. 6 or 7/10) gain fun, or perhaps having lazy sims (<= 3)  loose fun at a particularly rapid pace?

> select * from users where clue > 0;

0 rows returned
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 03, 14:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just grabbed the updated hot tub hack and the gardening hack.  I have gardens on all my lots so I should be able to extensively test this.

Regarding the hot tub hack... hrm... coming up with specs is going to be hard for me.  I don't want my Sims to completely ignore the hot tub regardless of their personality (lazy, grouchy, etc), but I just want them to use common sense.  I was ecstatic that they exited the tub once it started raining!  I don't know if that was a game default, but I saw it happen when I made it rain again.  I also don't want to spend forever in the tub, too.  If they're in the tub by themselves, once comfort and fun is 100%, they should get out.  If they're in the tub with others, once comfort, social, and fun is 100%, then they should get out.  But in either scenario, they should autonomously get in if those motives are around 50-75% at the most.

[Update #1: Gardening]

I can see the skill bar above my Sim's head when she plants or harvests!  This is so cool!!!

However, there is a little glitch (or it could be the way it was designed)... When I direct her to "harvest many..." the skill bar shows up with the first plant, but then it has problems with the rest of the plants.  It'll pop up and then go away with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, plant.  Same when I direct her to "plant many..."  If she is planting/harvesting single plots, the skill bar shows up just fine.  Maybe I should take out the "harvest faster" mod and test again.  Nope, that didn't make a difference.  Just tried "water" and she gets the skill bar when she's watering one plant... but when I direct her to "water many" the skill bar comes up once, and then it pops in and out on the rest of the plants.

When I directed her to "harvest" or "harvest many..." the apple, orange, and lemon tree(s), no skill bar shows up.

Good thing is they gain the gardening skill just fine with this mod in place.  No interruption there.

[Update #2: Hot tub]

It had just turned winter (first day) and my Sim autonomously went into the hot tub.  She probably spent like 2 minutes in there and then jumped out.  A bit later, it started snowing, so I directed her back to the hot tub, she got in, and then quickly got back out.  Her fun, social, and comfort were already maxed out.  Her fun was probably maxed out after she finished harvesting her trees.

I don't mind Sims using the hot tub during the winter... in real life, people do that because it keeps them warm... I just don't want them abusing it and staying in there for hours.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 03, 22:22:12 by daysies » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 18, 12:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Ste.
Can the gardening mod be conflicting with macrotastics?

My Sims get an error when I select macro-garden, see attached error log.

The HCDU doesn't a throw a conflict, and asides from macrotastics and FFS dasily gardener, yours is the only gardening related mod I have installed.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 20, 05:06:22 by syberspunk » Logged
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 18, 13:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll take a look at sometime this weekend.  Just taking a glance at it, it looks like it could very well be my mod.  I'll also look into the issues that daysies reported.  I've just been busy tweaking other stuff, and I haven't really had time to play/test much lately.

Ste

ETA - Ok, I fixed the bug, but I haven't had a chance to look into the trees thing and the [action] many thing yet.  I'll try to do that sometime soon.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 20, 05:06:00 by syberspunk » Logged

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Room 314 - Updated 5/20/2007
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 20, 21:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do these potential conflicts represent behavior overrides or possible explosions?

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Are all Sims in hot tub of consenting age
Group ID: 0x7FEABABA
Instance ID: 0x00002093
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks\inteenimater final16a seasons\InTeenimater_B.package
\downloads\Hacks\MATY\Syberspunk\zhottubhack\zhottubhack.package

Procedure Name: Dress for Hot Tub
Instance ID: 0x0000208E

Procedure Name: Get In Tub
Instance ID: 0x00002062

Procedure Name: Interaction - Get in Autonomously TEST
Instance ID: 0x00002084

Procedure Name: Interaction - Get In TEST
Instance ID: 0x0000206E

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 20, 22:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Behaviour overrides. IIRC, with Syberspunk's hack in place you may prevent teens from joining a hottub with nude adults in it.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 21, 04:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Behaviour overrides. IIRC, with Syberspunk's hack in place you may prevent teens from joining a hottub with nude adults in it.

It is an override, but actually it's supposed to allow teens to join the hottub, even if there are nude adults.  I think the default Maxis EA behaviour prevents teens from joining if anyone is nude.

It's been awhile since I hacked that up, but it's should allow teens to join, but it also still checks if there are any children present.  If children are present, then sims shouldn't get naked (adults or teens).  I sorta used LizzLove's hack as a base, but then I changed things around a bit.  Since the lightning stuff was part of the hottub code, I packaged it all together.

The first two BHAVs listed (the age check and the dress for hot tub) are non critical changes.  I imagine InTeen pretty much does the same thing.  The latter three BHAVs are critical changes involved in dealing with weather and lightning, since I basically added checks to see if it's storming to prevent sims from entering and force them to exit (if they are "smart" enough).

Ste

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 21, 10:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Less Autonomous College Research (or No Party Research) Hack

I currently have 2 greek houses with 6 residents on each lot. They've thrown about a dozen toga parties combined. If the exceptions for doing autonomous college research is the same as less autonomous college assignment, then this hack isn't working because outgoing and playful sims also try to do research anyway with parties in progress.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 21, 17:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: Less Autonomous College Research (or No Party Research) Hack
<snip>

Is this for sims who start researching during a party already in progress?  Or have these sims started researching before the party started?

I haven't looked at this in awhiles, but maybe when I have time.  I did kind of slap it together.  In my game at least, I noticed that dormies seem to study less on their own.  *shrugs*  Some may autonomously join, but most of the time, I tend to have to ask them to join.  Then they don't stop until they have to pee or die of hunger. Tongue

ETA:

I just looked at the code... and it appears to be the same as code as the one for the college assignment hack.  Basically, if there is a party going, sims who are very serious (<300) OR very shy (<300) will still study.

Are the sims that are still doing research Both very playful And very outgoing?  A sim who is very playful will still do research if they are very shy, and vice versa, if a sim is very outgoing but very serious, they will also still do research.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 June 22, 01:38:34 by syberspunk » Logged

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 June 22, 09:10:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this for sims who start researching during a party already in progress?

Well, it's the guests that does. Or at least they try to. The bookcase is on the second floor next to a fireplace. I had turned the bookcase towards the wall so the fireplace is in the way. It's understandable when they try to do it before the party controller kicks in, but they'd still try to do it after the party meter is already ticking away. Every time someone attempts to do research, they'd have a fireplace in their thought bubbles that pretty much alerts me to what they were trying to do. I'd check their personalities when I see the thought bubbles and the ones that are both outgoing and playful are trying to do research too.

I haven't tried playing dorms this time round. There are only 12 playables in this batch and they are all living in greek houses.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 June 22, 13:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh.  Ok, so it's guest YAs, not dormies?  That might be the problem.  Since I specify it for sims who have a dorm key on the current lot.  I will take a look at this again later when I get home. Smiley

Ste

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 June 22, 15:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh.  Ok, so it's guest YAs, not dormies?

Right, guest YAs, not dormies. I also played with the bookcase in the hacked rewards collection, thinking that it won't be visitor enabled but apparently it doesn't apply to YAs. Sad
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 June 24, 02:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, guest YAs, not dormies. I also played with the bookcase in the hacked rewards collection, thinking that it won't be visitor enabled but apparently it doesn't apply to YAs. Sad

This is really strange, because I checked the code... and the code should check to see if the sim even has a college key to the current lot.  Is this occurring on dorm lots?  Because visiting sims (who wouldn't have a dorm key) shouldn't be allowed to even start doing research.  The same check is used for joining research as well. Undecided

It might be that the bookcase you are using has it's own test bhavs that are completely separate.  Which bookcases are you using?  Are they custom bookcases?  If it is a different set of bookcases, I'll have to locate that object and take a look if it has it's own test BHAVs.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2007 June 24, 03:11:05 by syberspunk » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 June 24, 03:46:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're trying too hard. Repeat after me: "I blame the non-Awesome."

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 June 24, 18:30:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be the edumacation bookcase? It seems they tried that one and that was borked too...

INFP or something
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 June 25, 08:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which bookcases are you using?  Are they custom bookcases?

The bookcase is from TJ's  Buyable Career/Aspiration Reward Objects that Pioupiou updated for Seasons before TJ got around to it.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 June 25, 08:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gardening fun throws conflicts when I use macro - garden.
syberspunk
Heretic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 June 25, 16:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't toyed around with gardening much lately.  Any error logs?

Also... I'll try and take a look at that bookcase when I have the chance.

Ste

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: