More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:24:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Attribute number out of range" rapidfire at some houses *SOLVED*
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Attribute number out of range" rapidfire at some houses *SOLVED*  (Read 5518 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
"Attribute number out of range" rapidfire at some houses *SOLVED*
« on: 2007 April 14, 07:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, tonight I went in to play after being away from home for over a week. First house, everything was fine at first, then suddenly I'm getting errors left and right on every non-pet member of the house AND visitors. At first, it was only when they were in idle, then I noticed a visitor got it rapidfire while swiming alone. No previous deaths on lot, just a CAS family that's been playing fine there for a couple real-time months, one bred-elsewhere pet, townie friend that came home with student shortly after errors started. Sim-day before, a walk-by was greeted and hung around for the night without error. After I finished what I needed to take care of there (story related pictures, etc.) I opened another house. CAS father, Jan Tellerman mother, two in-game born children. No previous deaths on lot, one CAP via pet shop pet and NO errors. Opened third house after playing there, and errors started flying as soon as I unpaused (I always pause when saving for shut-down, I'm too good at walking away while the house loads). Cancel does nothing, errors immediately pop back up. This house is ALL CAS family, one pet (bred elsewhere), a few previous deaths - tombstones sent to comm lot via "move all". I couldn't so much as teleport anyone or attempt to involve them in an activity (which seemed to at least temporarily halt the errors in house #1) before an error would pop up again, cycling through each individual. Interestingly enough, both parents are also missing clothing that SHOULD still be there. Mom is missing a skirt (defaulted to capris) that is still in downloads folder and Dad is now in FFS hula shirt despite his shirt still being in downloads.

I did a search, checked for files that have reported past problems. Updated Yellow Pee and don't have ACR. Deleted all cache files and Neighborhood Manager.

I have everything up to and including Seasons. I'm not patched.

Edit: Added two error logs lower in the thread, with explanation.
Edit2: Added such info to the subject.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 07, 22:04:18 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: "Attribute number out of range" rapidfire at some houses, not all.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 14, 19:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've got "move_objects on," try turning it off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
Re: "Attribute number out of range" rapidfire at some houses, not all.
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 14, 20:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wasn't on in the first house. In the third, the errors started and I had to pause, use moveobjects on to get the people in position for one picture, and settle with that as the errors were on so fast there was no ability to direct anyone to take so much as one step in any direction.

EDIT: Added two new error logs. One in the first house, since MoveObjects was never an issue there (N006_t467998) and the other from the same house, different person, after using FFS Lot Debugger to Nuke everything it listed as Nukeable (N006_t472332)
« Last Edit: 2007 April 16, 23:32:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: "Attribute number out of range" rapidfire at some houses *new error logs*
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 16, 16:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird... your logs both have Fountain - Pond and Cheap Crib in them.  Do you have any hacks that allow people to drown babies in the fountain? 

Try backing up your 'hood and removing all fountains and cheap cribs from the lot.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 16, 21:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-blinkblink- That's possible? LOL

Let's see, house one has a fountain sprinkler you drop in the pond.. and a toddler, so they have a crib. Odd thing is there's NO crib or pond at the other error sprouting house. I'll go in and remove said fountain and see if that changes anything.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 16, 23:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not able to identify this issue, so I blame the work of the Non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 17, 03:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might want to check your custom content.  I had a similar issue, rapidfire 'attribute out of range' erroring; all the error logs noted the 'tiered garden fountain' from Seasons, but it also happened w/the pond sprinkler and the Maxis cupid commando sculpture from the official site.  Turned out to be the buyable CAS backdrop by Targa at MST2 making the trouble, and it wasn't even used anywhere on any lot in that hood.

I used the halfsies method to find it.  Nineteen feckin' quits and starts...twas yea verily nonawesome.   Tongue

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 07, 22:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to dig up this thread to let you know it worked! No more errors! Thanks to you and possibly someone else.. because I'd missed this post and someone told me about targa's backdrop in an unrelated thread. Thought I'd update here in case anyone goes searching for the answer later.

The only thing I pulled was targa's backdrop and now the game is working fine in all the houses & comm lots I'd previously had errors in.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: