More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:29:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Permaplat: Denied!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Permaplat: Denied!  (Read 5746 times)
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
Permaplat: Denied!
« on: 2007 April 23, 20:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than commit necromancy I decided to ask my own question:

My sim's LTW was to earn 100,000, so I started him in his career, downloaded the shorter novel hack, and my sim worked and wrote novels to earn the cash money. He got the memory for earning 50,000  and had the want to earn 75,000 but has since earned ( I ended up keeping track on my own) 100,000, w/ out ever getting the memory for earning 75,000 or fulfilling his LTW. Is there any fix for this?  Since this has happened once, is it more likely to happen again for either this LTW, or others?

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Permaplat: Denied!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 23, 20:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things may not actually count as income even though you have included them.  I've never had issues with this LTW, there's a painting (I think it's by squinge) that will keep track for you.  Should give you a better idea of how much the game thinks the sim has earned, and whether there really is a problem.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 23, 21:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some monetary milestones won't give out memories. I know there's some random amount they want sometimes like 37,000(?) that doesn't give a memory.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 23, 21:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure there is a 75K memory, so just keep waiting. If you're in a hurry, just buy and then sell a piece of community lot property.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 23, 21:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I had though that one of the official fixes made it so selling novels would count. Oh well. Thanks for reminding me about the painting, I had been looking for it, but got distracted by the memories and what I thought was supposed to happen.

ETA: I am having trouble finding the painting that tracks the amount of money a sim has earned, anyone know where I can find this?
« Last Edit: 2007 April 23, 21:26:23 by JennyJenny » Logged

Inge:We judge by God's own criteria of correct punctuation and inspired fightliness.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 24, 00:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Date & Wealth Counter
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 24, 01:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never had novel money added to a sims personal wealth.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 24, 01:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Weaver! Just like me to search with every term but the right ones!

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 24, 02:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure there is a 75K memory, so just keep waiting. If you're in a hurry, just buy and then sell a piece of community lot property.

Is there any chance of getting a fix for that?

For those who don't know, buying a community lot then selling it to another Sim gives you the entire amount of the sale as earned income, rather than the sales price minus the cost.  Most of the time this is too minor to matter, but it makes getting the Earn 100K want possible in a day.

Example:  Buy a community lot for 15K, sell it for 20K, you get the full 20K recorded as income, not the 5K you made on the whole transaction.

I don't remember if you get the income if you sell the lot back to the community.  I'll test that later.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 24, 02:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't remember if you get the income if you sell the lot back to the community.  I'll test that later.

You do. Or at least I did when testing a community lot. I was trying to figure out how best to run the lot (wanted to sell plates of food there but didn't want to be arsed having some sim own the place, tried buying it, setting up food for sale then selling the lot back... didn't work) and wound up getting the $100k memory in a day from using motherlode once and then buying and selling the same property twice.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 24, 02:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just ran a quick test on it.  You do get the money as income.

I had a retired elder who had wants to get jobs.  I thought I had the noretiredjobspam to prevent that, but somehow it wasn't in my downloads.  I grabbed it from the DC and put it in the game, then used the ffsdebugger to reroll his wants.

What should come up but a want to earn 100K! Cheesy  How fortunate.  One call to buy a community lot (worth about 47K, he only had 53K), another to sell it back to the community, and the want was fulfilled.  Not only that, but I hadn't noticed he also had a LTW to earn 100K at the same time.  It got fulfilled too.

There's a way to add value to a commercial property if you run a business there.  Each business level is worth 5K, and it doesn't take a lot of customer loyalty stars to get the lowest levels quickly.  Running a pretty normal business I was able to get to level 3 in one day, which is an additional 15K when I sold the lot back to the community.  Another lot made it to level 4 in a day for an additional 20K.  I suspect if you're selling stuff cheap, you could get it even higher.  Sell the lot when you get back home and buy it again, wash, rinse, repeat as necessary.  You may want to hire a couple of employees (if you don't have family members to draft into service) to run the register and restock while you sell and schmooze customers for the loyalty stars.

If all you're interested in is the 100K LTW, just buy and sell properties back to the community.  You won't have any income, but you'll get the want quickly.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 24, 06:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On more than one occation I've had sims fulfill the "earn 100,000" want while on business lots, and got the memory of it, but not fulfilled the "earn 100,000" lifetime want.  I can't remember exactly now, but I think it fixed itself once they got back home and earned some more money.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 24, 09:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I had though that one of the official fixes made it so selling novels would count.

I don't have the link, but I have Squinge Earn Money Want Satisfy For Novels in my downloads folder. Perhaps you could search Squingeland for it.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 24, 22:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that picture of death did it's job, eh?  It terrified you so much that you made your own thread.

I have never had the conviction to complete this LTW.
JennyJenny
Corpulent Cretin

ISTJ? Really?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 24, 23:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, while searching through Squinge's hacks I discovered that my brain had wanted novels to count as earnings so badly that it substituted Squinge's hack for something official.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: