More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:33:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bigger screen pictures
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bigger screen pictures  (Read 5570 times)
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Bigger screen pictures
« on: 2007 May 17, 03:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to get the game to make bigger screen caps than 600x450?  I have gunmod's camera hack which is great for closeups but I want bigger caps.
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Bigger screen pictures
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 17, 04:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8313.msg230087.html

Smiley
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 17, 04:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  Don't know why this didn't come up in search here or at MTS2.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 17, 05:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always just pushed PrintScreen, that takes a full-size cap of whatever is on the screen and sticks it on clipboard for MSPAINT.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 17, 05:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could do that for Photoshop but I think it only does one pic at a time.  With the freebee program mentioned in the tread, I can do unlimited ones as long as I don't have the preview first option selected.  This new custom computer I have is a monster.  I thought the game looked good on my other one but man this one is so fast and sharp.  Game takes less than thrree minutes to load and I have quite a bit of cc.
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 17, 16:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley I just use the unregistered version of FRAPS ( http://www.fraps.com/ ) if I want full screen screenshots . Just set the key you want as your ' shutter ' key and then you can take as many pictures as you want without coming out of the game ( I just use the Print Screen key as my camera key with it for convenience ) . You can also use FRAPS to benchmark how fast the frame rate is if you think your game is ' stuttery ' when you move the mouse around . And you can also use it to make videos of your game ( although if you want large , quality , lengthy videos with it you need to pay to register it . If you just want it for screenshots though the unregistered version works fine  Smiley To use FRAPS with your game it's as simple as just starting up FRAPS and then starting up your game while FRAPS is running . You say your new comp is a monster so in theory you should be able to always run it in the background while your game is running  Smiley
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 18, 10:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gadwin takes multiple "print screen" shots of the entire desktop. Fraps takes multiple shots of the game frame, no desktop background. So I have both.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 18, 14:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gadwin can be configured to take either pictures of the entire desktop, or just the active window.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 18, 21:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gadwin can be configured to take either pictures of the entire desktop, or just the active window.

Thanks for the tip, Ms. Gwilly! Shows how often i use the screenshotters. (I.e., not often.) Maybe I can do without FRAPS, then.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 18, 21:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FRAPS is pretty heavy on system resources, from what I recall, while Gadwin uses very little. You can easily have Gadwin running in the background and not suffer for it.

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 18, 23:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both Fraps and Gadwin. I heart both, but for screenshots, Gadwin wins, hands down. It's all I use for pics.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 18, 23:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FRAPS is pretty heavy on system resources, from what I recall, while Gadwin uses very little. You can easily have Gadwin running in the background and not suffer for it.
That's because Gadwin just sits there and waits for you to print one frame. FRAPS tries to capture multiple frames per second.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: