More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:39:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Please Help!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 34846 times)
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Please Help!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 16, 15:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[offtopic] Whereabouts in our gloriously-finally-found-Spring state? [/offtopic]

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 16, 22:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WARNING: OT

I am a Minotian. ( Minot). Right now I'm at my home in Arizona. I'm coming back the end of May. *scowls*  And you?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 17, 00:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

soon to be leaving Bismarck for the SouthEast

Why is it that every time I see Minotian I think Minotaur?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 17, 00:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think of Minoan. LOL  Most people there call themselves Minoters. I like the more elegant Minotian.  Roll Eyes

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 17, 03:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minot?

MINOT?
* Li'l Brudder faints dead.

So many bad memories.
Carlynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 17, 07:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The closest I can come up with is the 2 button in CAS that shows you saved Sim faces with that particular skintone

Those look like instance numbers, but what they're for I haven't a clue.

This is where it SHOULD be but I have nothing there.  Before when I clicked on the head that was there, I would have an alien shaped head.  How do I get it back there?  Cause I am using a program right now to locate the files and it is pretty rough!

These are the numbers that pop up when you run the mouse over the object in CAS in debug mode.

No, my kids have downloaded no CC into my system.  They are not allowed on this computer.  They each have their own computers.  I did find the werewolf face paint.  Just can't figure out why the head shapes are gone now.  I wish I had a way to post the ones I made before.  I have 2 alien families, a zombie family and a mannequin family, all with distinct heads that showed up when I chose those skins.

Honestly, I could care less anymore about any but the alien one.  Head I mean.  I just can't figure out why my step #2 is BLANK when it use to have something in there.

As far as using all caps, yeah, I realize that it considered yelling IF you use it continuously.  But when you use it on a word or two it shows emphasis only.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but I just KNOW what my game had in it, what my daughter's game has in it and what my friend's game has in it - none of us having any CC or shared files.  And I am the only one with missing stuff.

I have kids.  Nothing scares me anymore.
Carlynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 17, 08:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't put e.g. an alien face skin on another skin: they're connected, and when you choose an alien skin for that sim, automatically it will have also the alien skin face. Alien eyes are a different matter, 'cause they need an empty "eye color selection", and you can't do it in CAS. Aliens in game have an automatic empty (or transparent) eye color, so the default black alien eye is shown. But that kind of "transparent eyecolor" is linked to alien skintone, and can't be used with different skintones.

That's the thing.  I used to get the "skin face."  Maybe that is the proper word for it.  There was a head in step 2.  No more.  Now when I select the alien (or zombie) skin, I am able to put it on any head at all.  Not the normal one for that skin tone.  Is this starting to make more sense now?  I guess I was thinking heads all this time because there were heads in step 2 in CAS.  I don't get the Pollination Tech shaped heads when I choose that skintone.  That is what is bugging the hell out of me.  That and the head being missing from step 2.  If someone can help me get this straightened out, I'll be forever grateful!

Thank you for explaining this better!

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 17, 08:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you not think it odd that in a forum of over 4000 people, there's not a single person come up and said "yep, I've got them too"?

Just a thought...
Carlynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 17, 08:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously you didn't read my last post. 

There is suppose to be a face of a saved sim in there (someone posted that earlier) and mine is gone.  Someone also posted that when you choose the alien skin it automatically went to the alien face.  Mine no longer does.  Once he explained there was no actual head but these things should be there/should happen, I understand better. 

So if someone else in here says that "the only thing they can think of is the head of a saved sim in step 2" (or something to that effect) then I am not completely wrong.  There should be something in step 2 that I am missing.  And if someone says that you choose the alien skin and you automatically get the alien face and I am not, the I am not totally wrong because something is not right in my game.

At this point all I am asking for is help in getting the picture of the alien face back and the game fixed so that when creating aliens their heads have the right shape.  No more and no less.  I don't care about the zombies or mannequins anymore.  Just the aliens.

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 17, 08:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If all you want is the face, then download an extracted polination tech.  This will put an alien face into step 2.

Step 2 is simply a chance to choose a pre-designed face.  It could be one made by Maxis, or downloaded.  You only had one face available for that skintone.  If you downloaded another alien with that skintone, you would have two faces at Step 2.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 17, 10:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carlynn, you're an arsemonkey. You obviously have all the answers, so why not go bother some other forum with your insipid whining?

Much love & kisses,

me.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 17, 13:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*hands floopy some mouthwash for use after kissing Carlynn*

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 17, 14:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, now I think I got it. As nocomment said, exactly.

The faces you get in CAS step 2 are some preinstalled by the game plus those, customized, that you have in sims you built (or installed) in BodyShop.
Example: I have in BodyShop copies of many of my preferred born-in-game sims: they're in the CAS sim bin, and their faces (heads) shows up in CAS step 2. They're born in game, so they're not original facial archetypes, but customized faces.

If you had the standard alien 3D head in it, then, it must have been a facial archetype somehow inherited from a customized sim in sim bin: the hypothesis of an extracted pollination technician, or something like that is definitely the most likely explanation. Another easy explaination is that in your simbin there was a copy of one of your alien sims.

In a nutshell: yes, the alien face archetype is embedded in normal game files, but no, it will not shows up anywhere, in debug mode or not, as per game design, debugging included.
You can show hidden skintones, outfits and masks, by meant of debug mode, but no hidden facial archetypes, of any kind.

The only way to have any facial archetype shown in CAS step 2 is to add it, i.e. extract it from game files, package it and then put it in Downloads or SavedSims folder.

So, basically, if that head was present before and now it's not, it must be because of some additional file you now are missing, or maybe yet present but disabled/hidden by some EP installation, or patch, or other stuff.

Even shorter, there's no way to have it back reinstalling nor replacing default game files: the head you're looking for is, exactly, in C:\Programs\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D\CASFace.package.

The alien face is composed by:
afArchAlien_cres
afArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
afArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
afArchAlien_shpe
amArchAlien_cres
amArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
amArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
amArchAlien_shpe
buArchAlien_cres
buArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
buArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
buArchAlien_shpe
cuArchAlien_cres
cuArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
cuArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
cuArchAlien_shpe
efArchAlien_cres
efArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
efArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
efArchAlien_shpe
emArchAlien_cres
emArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
emArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
emArchAlien_shpe
puArchAlien_cres
puArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
puArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
puArchAlien_shpe
tfArchAlien_cres
tfArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
tfArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
tfArchAlien_shpe
tmArchAlien_cres
tmArchAlien_tslocator_gmdc
tmArchAlien_tslocator_gmnd
tmArchAlien_shpe

and the corresponding LOD15.

But there's no single file containing them, only the whole CASFace.package, which contains all other archetypes as well.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 17, 14:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minot?

MINOT?
* Li'l Brudder faints dead.

So many bad memories.

Air Force..right? I'm with you. I despise the town. I lived there all of my life. I didn't know I was free to leave until I was 24. Two years ago, I successfully climbed the wall to freedom. Well, partial freedom; I still spend four to five months a year in Minot. Unfortunately, I still have to work. I'm doing it as a favor to my District Director.

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 17, 15:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was the train station your first clue about leaving?

I rather like Minot, but I never lived there.
I especially like the two ad slogans: "Why not Minot?" and "Where Lewis & Clark would have stayed if they'd known." Grin

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 17, 15:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather like Minot, but I never lived there.
I especially like the two ad slogans: "Why not Minot?" and "Where Lewis & Clark would have stayed if they'd known." Grin
Remember the old tourism campaign ? I saw this on a billboard in Bismarck :  Stay in North Dakota. Custer was healthy when he left.
Also, from a tourism sign south of Minot : Welcome to North Dakota. Mountain removal project completed.  Cheesy

Carlynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 17, 19:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Marhis!  I appreciate your help!  I am glad someone finally understood the situation and was able to be KIND and help.

Now to floppyboo and ElfPuddle.  What names.  Hmm.  You two don't know me yet you choose to insult me.  Now it is my turn.  I think I will start with those horrid user names.  Let's start with floppyboo.  Would this be used to describe your boyfriend?  After all, a BOO is a boyfriend.  Does he see you naked and go all floppy?  Are you THAT unappealing?  You must advertise this?  Shame.

And ElfPuddle.  Hmm...sounds like an elf pissed himself.  So you are a puddle of elf piss, huh?  How appropriate.

Now both of you can kiss my ass.  I'll be leaving now. 

Again, thank you Marhis.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 17, 19:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, moron.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 17, 20:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*snickers* for a troll who doesn't understand the point of MATY, he's rather funny.

INFP or something
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 17, 21:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Air Force..right? I'm with you. I despise the town. I lived there all of my life. I didn't know I was free to leave until I was 24. Two years ago, I successfully climbed the wall to freedom. Well, partial freedom; I still spend four to five months a year in Minot. Unfortunately, I still have to work. I'm doing it as a favor to my District Director.

Not quite.

I was taking a train west and Minot is one of the scheduled stops.  We were to be there a few minutes, not too long.

Then we got the news.

A train had derailed farther west and we were to wait for buses to take us to Havre, Montana.  We waited for FOUR HOURS.

Although 4-5 months a year is worse, so I pity you.  I can't imagine living there full time.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 18, 00:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You had to wait in that Sh**hole station? It looks like a third world bus  terminal. My heart goes out to you. I take a shortcut through that area when I go to work. Gah! It's the seediest part of town. It is also across the road from the County Court House , Police Station and Library. It's just that the terminal sits on RR property...which they haven't tended to in 50 years. The pots holes in the road are so deep my front tire would disappear in them if I happened to hit one. Needless to say, I get a lot of practice swerving.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 18, 00:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did seemed kinda "antique" when I visited.  And looked like one of those Old West Saloons.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 18, 09:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Marhis!  I appreciate your help!  I am glad someone finally understood the situation and was able to be KIND and help.

Now to floppyboo and ElfPuddle.  What names.  Hmm.  You two don't know me yet you choose to insult me.  Now it is my turn.  I think I will start with those horrid user names.  Let's start with floppyboo.  Would this be used to describe your boyfriend?  After all, a BOO is a boyfriend.  Does he see you naked and go all floppy?  Are you THAT unappealing?  You must advertise this?  Shame.

And ElfPuddle.  Hmm...sounds like an elf pissed himself.  So you are a puddle of elf piss, huh?  How appropriate.

Again, thank you Marhis.

Jeez whos ass did you climb out of.  Not our fault you have issues.  "HELP ME NOW I AM RIGHT AND KNOW EVERYTHING WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH" Boo is a boyfriend? Shit your poor man must hate being out in public with the pet names you call him.
You need a fucking bullet
« Last Edit: 2007 April 18, 09:22:05 by Tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 18, 09:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's start with floppyboo.  Would this be used to describe your boyfriend?  After all, a BOO is a boyfriend.  Does he see you naked and go all floppy?  Are you THAT unappealing?  You must advertise this?  Shame.

Wow, you're so pissed off by me that you can't even read straight. I am the champion!

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 18, 09:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The important part of this is:
I'll be leaving now. 

So, lets just pretend this never happened, shall we?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: