More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:36:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Blank want slots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blank want slots  (Read 5301 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Blank want slots
« on: 2007 May 15, 19:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my couples recently adopted a toddler, mostly out of boredom as both are permaplat elders and I got fed up waiting for them to do the decent thing and just bloody kark it. Plenty of time on their meters to bring a tod to a teen.

I have had problems with adoption before, usually that the adoption memory does not show up and the child never gets a "Family" icon for the adoptive parent. Sure enough this happened yet again, but it is no big deal. I can live with that.

The odd thing here is that I got an alien child with blank want slots. The fear slots are present, and roll as normal when the brat wakes up but not the want slots. I have the College Adjuster hack installed and wondered if adding a want slot might fix it so I tried that and got black want slots all showing the lock symbol before it just went back to blank slots. I'm hoping the age transition might fix this but if not....what gives?

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: Blank want slots
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 15, 19:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The FFS Lot Debugger has a reroll wants feature that I've had to use to solve this issue before.  Have you tried that?

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 15, 19:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FFSlot debugger? Whassat?. Do not forget I am a lowly peasant mac-user.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 15, 20:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya mean that commercial lies?

Mac players get the same wonky game as us cloned-pc users?

Really had nothing constructive to add...

although I can sympathize...have had the adoption problems before, including the blank want slots.  And this was before I knew about this place, so I did the only thing I could think of - zorched the neighborhood and uninstalled/reinstalled the game.

Oh yeah - this was also before I was downloading anything...so was just base game...In fact, I think it was before Uni!

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 15, 20:19:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I'm terribly forgetful, there was nothing for me to forget, as you didn't mention that you're a Mac user.  I have no idea if the FFS Lot Debugger will work for you or not.  Check out this thread, though, for details.  If you cannot find the answer, post a reply and JM is usually very good about responding (but also prefers to poke and laugh, so be warned). 
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,72.0.html

Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 15, 20:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am well familiar with the dreaded JM and his style. Thanks for the link I will try it.

starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 15, 22:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, but without JM (barbs and all) we'd all be in Simhell, wouldn't we?  Wink

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 16, 11:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blank want slots are normal in toddlers with no family ties.  It's because pretty much all a toddler wants is to be cuddled and played with by its parents.
I'm more worried about your adoption proccess being borked.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 16, 19:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It did resolve by itself. After the age transition the want slots reverted to normal.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 19, 20:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had Brandi Broke's non-Skip kids do that when they got tossed to toddler as well. I didn't have Lot Debugger moved back in yet, but I didn't much care what happened, so I left it alone. Spinning into childhood, both resumed normal wantonness.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 20, 10:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are two kinds of blank wants symptoms.  One is missing wants and the other is blank icons.  You can tell which it is by hovering the mouse pointer over the want.  If you can see what the want is, but the icon is blank, it's a sign of corruption of some sort.  I've been living with them for a while so don't panic.  A completely missing want just means the game hasn't a clue what to roll for the sim a.k.a. depleted want tree.  Once the sim has given the tree a kick by doing something, wants should re-roll normally at the normal points.   Done something must be got to know mommy and daddy for a toddler or age transitioned.  Skilling and visiting a community lot also work for older sims.

If you search the board for missing wants or blank icons, you'll find the thread where Pescado explained it all to me.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: