More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:06:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Don't wave at me?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Don't wave at me?  (Read 10426 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Don't wave at me?
« on: 2007 April 17, 02:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having a lot of waving since seasons? I have don't wave at me but my sims are still constantly waving.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Don't wave at me?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 17, 03:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean waving when their needs are low, or when their path is blocked?

Mine are waving annoyingly when their path is blocked. This is new since Seasons. They used to just wait quietly or find another route. I've been too busy to go looking for the hack that's supposed to be keeping them from doing this, and which apparently isn't working too great anymore.

Fail.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 17, 03:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably Pescado's 'noroutefail'. I have noticed more whining about non-modular stairs being blocked, and the action the sim was going to do drops out of their queue rather than them waiting until the stairs are unblocked and then using them as happened pre-seasons.  Usually happens when a sim is going off to take the dog for a walk and the dog goes down/up the stairs first.  Which makes me wonder if any of the EAxis folks actually own dogs, because most of the time my dog waits for me to start down and then zooms by me. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 17, 04:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have plant sims constantly bitching that they're low on sun or water, but when I do somethign about it, they get distracted by omg shiny thing! & begin the cycle of bitching again.

Either plant sims are immune to that style of hack or they are more whiny than anything I have ever encountered in my life.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 17, 19:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No no no. I mean litterally waving at other sims. like the good bye wave but all the damn time. they wave after sex. wave after washing hands. wave after taking a poo. wave walking in the house. Needs are fine. they just wave all the time lol.

I am 25.

The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 17, 19:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah -- that's a different issue.  'dontwaveatme' is to keep them from waving at *you* (the player) for stupid stuff like being stuck on the stairs or routing blocks, or generally stupid stuff.  It doesn't affect them waving at each other.

I always thought their outgoing level controlled how much they waved at each other.  More outgoing sims just wave a lot.  They even wave at the stupid NPC robots.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 17, 20:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed that too, Jsalemi. It was unbelievably frustrating too, because I used to try sending a large group up or down stairs at the same time. Now I just have to use lots with regular stairs, but that's not too much of a problem.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 17, 22:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use block staircases, they have 1/4th the bandwidth of modulars.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 17, 22:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Geez, I thought it was just me!  My sims wave at each other when they get out of bed, when they pass each other in the same room, when the kids or another sim leaves for/returns home from school/work, when they're outside leaving or just got back and a neighbor/postal worker/paperboy walks by... on and on ad naueum.

I thought maybe I was doing something different in the way I was playing - that maybe I was letting them do more for themselves than I was before, and they used that "free time" to wave at each other, where I used to maybe have a queue full of stuff for them to do.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 17, 22:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims waving at each other is a behavior that doesn't stop them from doing anything else, so it's just a harmless thing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 17, 23:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use block staircases, they have 1/4th the bandwidth of modulars.

I don't when I'm building my own lots, but most that come with the game or are downloaded have them, and some just don't have enough room to replace the staircase with a modular one without a redesign.  More often than not I'll just find a place to add a second staircase and make it modular in such cases.

OTOH, every one of my multi-floor dorms has modulars now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 18, 00:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Usually happens when a sim is going off to take the dog for a walk and the dog goes down/up the stairs first.  Which makes me wonder if any of the EAxis folks actually own dogs, because most of the time my dog waits for me to start down and then zooms by me. Smiley
That's so funny, because my dog does the same thing.  I've tried to get her to go ahead of me, but she stubbornly refuses.  Then once I start to go down, she gets excited and runs down ahead of me.  Cheesy

I've been using Targa's Ascension "elevators" over at MTS2, and I love them.  They are low poly, compact, and you can place four of them in the space that a staircase would take.  I rarely have route blockages with these.  Before I heard someone here talk about using them, I had switched to putting modular stairs in all my houses, but that was a PITA when you play several houses like I usually do. 

On the topic of sims waving at each other more, I've noticed that too.  I heard someone say Maxis put that in because people wanted their sims to be more social towards each other.  But it's really weird seeing a couple waving at each other across the bed after having just woohoo'ed.  Roll Eyes
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 18, 02:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are two things I find much more annoying than Sims waving at each other: when  a Sim is playing the piano and then you make him stop, you have to wait while he checks the tip jar for tips and then registers his reaction to its emptiness/fullness. The other is the fuss they make in a store when a door is locked.

The first annoyance has been there since Nightlife but the second seemed to get worse after Pets. It used to be, with OFB, that if you had a locked room in a store that had something fun in it, the Sim customers would start waving their arms and yelling because they wanted to get in and couldn't. Once I figured out not to put bubble blowers in employee break rooms, all the fuss stopped. Then when I installed pets, they fuss endlessly even though there's nothing especially desirable in the locked room. I can no longer have locked doors in stores, unless I want to listen to a bunch of Sims yelling.

If those two annoyances could be stopped, I'd be happy to let my Sims wave at each other until their energy level goes orange.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 18, 02:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your wishes are answered: Pescado has two hacks here that fix those problems.  dontwaveatme fixes the stupid waving in situations where it doesn't make sense, like you describe, and nobuskers keeps them from performing on an instrument when it makes no sense to do so, like at home.  They'll practice instead.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 18, 02:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dontwaveatme kept me from quitting my favorite money maker (the home ticket business) forever. I was so insanely sick of not being able to get the resident sims in the house because customers were flocking the stairs trying to get to the TV.

As for sims waving at each other...don't you and your friends wave at each other often? I have a best friend who waves all the time when she's bored. That or she sticks out her tongue. It's cute, but her children are going to be extra embarrassed by mommy, I can tell.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
snapdragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 18, 02:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your wishes are answered: Pescado has two hacks here that fix those problems.  dontwaveatme fixes the stupid waving in situations where it doesn't make sense, like you describe, and nobuskers keeps them from performing on an instrument when it makes no sense to do so, like at home.  They'll practice instead.

Thanks! I hadn't realized dontwaveatme covered bitching about locked doors, although I thought I had downloaded it because I also don't like them bitching at me about all the other dumb stuff that bothers them. I'll have to check to see if I still have that download.

As for nobuskers, I never knew what that meant and I guess wasn't curious enough to open to find out. Great, finally free of waiting for them to check the tip jar, and now they'll stop running to the piano every free moment.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 18, 05:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis also has a hack at MTS2 that works with the nobuskers hack to eliminate the long animation of checking/shaking the tip jar when they do perform.  The jar just disappears, and any money goes into their funds.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 18, 05:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims waving at each other is a behavior that doesn't stop them from doing anything else, so it's just a harmless thing.

Harmless my ass. It is annoying as fuck. I have smite'd them to oblivion for such behavior.

I am 25.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 18, 11:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...] and now they'll stop running to the piano every free moment.
No, they'll just practice every free moment now Tongue

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 18, 13:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only Behavior i would like to be burniated is the swooning on non Romance Sims. Every time they see somone they have lightning bolts for they stop every action in Queue and make the "ahh he/she is so hot" Animation. Same for the negative reaction but they appear not so frequently.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 18, 13:12:23 by Havelock » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 18, 13:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure Twojeffs has already killed that one.  I know I've had an anti-swoon hack in my game for a very long time now.

ETA: yep, here
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 18, 14:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure Twojeffs has already killed that one.  I know I've had an anti-swoon hack in my game for a very long time now.

ETA: yep, here

Thanks Ness but it would not help if it kills the Behav only against Romance Sims i need it for normal Sims.
 I have no Romance Sims in my Game.

« Last Edit: 2007 April 18, 15:34:16 by Havelock » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 18, 15:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen something like that somewhere though.  Maybe it was Squinge. 
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 18, 16:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also a hack that stops other romantic behaviors, for all sims. http://www.simwardrobe.com/ (under Fixes)

Fail.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 18, 18:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks RainbowTigress and SaraMK I have The Paladin fixes in Game. But i have seen no difference now. Maybe i should pay more attention to my Sims.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: