More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:57:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How do you play your Plant Sims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How do you play your Plant Sims?  (Read 4528 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
How do you play your Plant Sims?
« on: 2007 April 06, 22:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've got Rose and her daughter Daisy (grown up now) and I had Rose spawn another Plant baby.  I am trying to decide what I should do with these plant sims if I keep spawning them, although  I probably shouldn't spawn too many as they will bloat my game.  Cheesy

So I just want to find out what and how other players are using this new feature to their advantage?

All suggestions are appreciated of course!  Grin
NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: How do you play your Plant Sims?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 06, 23:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a family where about 3 generations back my "heir" became a plantsim. She had already had a normal baby, so I had her spawn a plantbaby.

Now I have the plantsim spawn a new plantbaby when they are a few days away from dying and they tend the garden. The normal sims go on as usual, reaping the rewards from keeping a plantsim "slave."

I could have put this a lot better - but I'm tired and not thinking straight. Tongue
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 06, 23:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one plant sim I'm playing with right now who's a fortune sim and has the LTW to own 5 top-level businesses. Naturally, this requires lots of money. I started her as a normal sim, and as she went through college I had her tend the dorm's plants, since I'd just gotten seasons and wanted to play with the gardening.

After a while of trying to play her normally, I wondered how well a "hippie" fortune sim would fare. When she got out of college, I moved her into a lot that I made into a small farm with a lake. She fished for her meals, and grew veggies and fruit to sell. Then she turned into a plantsim, and she was just so easy to play (especially since she was out in the garden all day, getting sunlight, love from the plants when she talked to them, and water from her nearby wishing well) that I decided to see just how much money she could generate.

She developed an obsession with selling masterpeices, so I'd paint one and leave it on the easel until her asp bar got to be low green, then sell it. If there isn't a painting up, her spare time is spent painting one. Rediculously easy asp points that also got her toward her money goal.

All the fruit, vegetables, and fish she generates goes to her home business, since she doesn't need to eat anymore. She sells them out of bins on her front porch, which amuses me greatly since it fits with my little hippie idea.

She got a want to buy a craft bench, so I had her eventually get a gold flower arrangement badge which got me snapdragon bouquets. One of those next to the cash register, one by the easel, and one by the computer... add a handful of sunlamps... and she pretty much never needed to stop for anything. Gardening, fishing, painting, and whenever she didn't have something else to do, she's writing novels.

She's bought two businesses now, is about to buy a third, and both of the daughters she's had so far have been sent to college with $25k in items in their inventory as a college fund. (I play with the no-$20k-handout hack in because... well, I can't say it was too easy and now it's not... but it goes a long way to make it more interesting.)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 06, 23:52:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW, that's an excellent idea MoonDragoness!  That is the problem I have run into too, they are just too easy to play!  I know however, that they can be put to good use.  I also started the painting thing too, Rose can paint almost forever, between talking and tending plants and those lamps are great for the nightime.

Atom_Bunny, you are already in 3rd generation from playing Seasons, wow!  I am sooo slow at the game, I am still weeks away from the 2nd generation! LOL . . . The slave thing is a great option too!
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 07, 02:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kept spawning plant babies from rose after I got all of her skills maxed.  Once the plant toddler has grown I then move it out and in with one of my regular sims and use them to tend gardens, sell paintings, toys and flowers for extra income.  It works out quite nicely.

NothingToSee
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 07, 08:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WOW, that's an excellent idea MoonDragoness!  That is the problem I have run into too, they are just too easy to play!  I know however, that they can be put to good use.  I also started the painting thing too, Rose can paint almost forever, between talking and tending plants and those lamps are great for the nightime.

Atom_Bunny, you are already in 3rd generation from playing Seasons, wow!  I am sooo slow at the game, I am still weeks away from the 2nd generation! LOL . . . The slave thing is a great option too!

I also have my plantsims make toys and flowers and paint a lot. A couple of snapdragons and a sunlamp and they can go on practically forever. Too easy.

I'm on my 5th generation in this particular family - I got seasons on generation 2/3. Mind you, I've played this family pretty much to the exclusion of all others. (lot sync? what's that? Tongue)

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 11, 23:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you sell veggies out of a bin?
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 11, 23:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still working on getting a naturally-ocurring Plantsim.  I just had my first sim hit permanent platinum aspiration in his teens (max all 7 skills), so I'll probably have him stay home and garden once college is over.  I might have to try the "farm market" idea.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 12, 04:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, they're mostly scenery. I enjoy it when they walkby, but don't play them all that often. Have yet to spawn a Plantbaby.

I have two Pleasantview Plantsims: Simon Greene and Phyllis Forrest. Disliking the default Plantsim clothing, , I wound up putting them in  the Exorcist (Level 9 Paranormal) Job Uniform as Everyday Wear instead.

Ecological Guru (Level 10 Natural Scientist) Uniform serves as Undies, Swimwear, and Pajamas:

And until nounneededcoats,  the Plantsim clothes I used as Outerwear.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 12, 08:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love those outfits!

I think I might do that with a plantsim or two of my own. Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: