More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:31:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Kill the doppelganger?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kill the doppelganger?  (Read 2496 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Kill the doppelganger?
« on: 2007 April 10, 17:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a rotation of 18 families living in Pleasantview and Bluewater, plus six private dorms in Uni.

Zoe Pitt (née Avio) is a fourth generation Sim, Uni grad, and mother of a teen and a toddler who resides with her husband, kids, and in-laws in Pleasantview.

While moving a couple of newly graduated Sims from the bin back to Pleasantview, I noticed a familiar looking Sim in the bin bearing the surname "Avio."  In an attempt to determine which Avio it was, I moved her into a cheap house. The house loaded but she didn't appear.  Thought the lot was buggered so I moved her out and into a different lot.  Same thing happened.  Deleting groups.cache, etc. had no effect.

Then I took a tour of my hood and realized that the Avio in the bin is Zoe's doppelganger.  The "real" Zoe Pitt is fine and playable in her lot.

No idea why this happened other than some weird game burp, but wonder if deleting the doppelganger from the bin will have any game damaging effects.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: Kill the doppelganger?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 10, 22:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird.  DId you look in SimPE to see if she the doppelganger has a character file associated with her ?

I've created doppelgangers in my game by using the teleport shrub to summon the same sims twice.  It's kinda hilarious because they then have a memory of meeting themselves.

Yours seem to be a different case.  I think this can also happen you have moved occupried houses to the house bin.  I'm not entirely sure.  I don't have much to contribute to your problem except investigate your neighbourdhood in SimPE
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Kill the doppelganger?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 11, 13:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird.  DId you look in SimPE to see if she the doppelganger has a character file associated with her ?

Not bothered with SimPE yet; might pop in tonight and take a peek.

Have never moved an occupied house into the bin so I've no idea if that would cause a similar issue.

Given Zoe-in-the bin cannot be moved anywhere or played, it may be more more interesting to just leave her there and see what happens when my playable Zoe is visited by Grimmy.  A tombstone in the bin??
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: