More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:25:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I really did break it...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I really did break it...  (Read 3910 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
I really did break it...
« on: 2007 April 17, 17:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question in bold below...I ramble.
So, I've had a recent obsession with streamlining my custom content. It's been a lovely experience, even though I've not yet noticed a significant lessening in game loading time. The other night, I decided my 8 maxed pages of custom terrain files needed to be culled.

I was creating a graveyard for my new custom neighborhood. It took me a great deal of time to make and features pretty archways, glass domes, and little memorial walls for my dearly departed sims featuring portraits of them in their prime or, in the case of those who defied the Oversoul, their sticky end. In the midst, I started "testing" my terrain paints and would put six or so on the ground, decide which must go, hit that back button, delete the offending paints, rinse & repeat. Everything looked lovely in-game, and in the end I was down to 2 maxed pages of terrain paint. I saved the lot, went to the neighborhood, had a sim buy the lot, and visited so I could place graves and the portraits. All was lovely.

The next time I started the game up, the lot was flashing blue. Not just a couple squares, but the whole fricking terrain. I figure I must have forgotten to hit the back button once and deleted a terrain file for some tiny spot on the lot. I tried picking a terrain file at random and guestimated covering the whole lot, no go. I tried using the terrain tool to delete preexisting terrains applied, and I did see that there was a cost involved, supporting my theory that I left something on. Now, I've covered the lot in light green carpet and there's no blinking, but removal of the carpet gets me right back to Blinksville.

Is there a way to check the lot file for a reference to terrain paints and remove it from the lot? If so, would doing so bork my graves and custom paintings?

Drat, I had specified that this post go in the "Oops, I Broke It" section. Add this to the list of things I've broken.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Re: I really did break it...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 17, 21:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you need to reinstall that terrain paint.. but im not sure.

Additionally, can you send a pic of your graveyard? Out of all the lots people create, graveyards are the ones im the most interested in for some morbid reason.  I really like a creative looking graveyard and I haven't seen much of them Sad 

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 17, 22:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't one of the cheats a delete all lot terrains? I'm afraid I don't use terrains, so I'm not sure, and my game isn't on right now so I can't check - but next time you're in the game try typing help in the cheat box and reading what cheats there are.

Dear lord! None of that sounds truly helpful does it.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 18, 00:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a thread that deals with that particular problem, and some work-arounds and links:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142042

It's a well known problem. Apparently, if you remove TP you get the blue flashies.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 18, 00:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Redownloading the files wasn't an option, since I'd tested and deleted 6 of my 8 maxxed size pages of terrain paint. I looked it up and the boolprop to delete terrain paints is : boolprop lotTerrainPaints [true/false]  However, I loaded up the game today and it's fine. Ok. That's weird, but great. Now I have to redo the terrain paints I actually want and rebuild the arches I pummeled in my anger. Here's a few pics of the lot as-is. It's still not perfect, but not bad either.

1. Lot overview (two portraits in the closest left plots are reserved for my founder sims. I base the poses on their aspirations. In this case, Family and Grilled Cheese)
2. Close up of the graves of those who have defied the Oversoul by their very existence
3. Central statue and dome. I'll probably add some seating later.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 18, 11:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Love the dome! Don't think I've seen anything quite like that when out trolling for new downloads to slow my game loading time.

Where did you find it?

Help me bork my game! Smiley

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 18, 15:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed - very cool idea!  I've seen such DLs at this site (in the Build section):

http://www.11dots.com/

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 18, 17:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed - very cool idea!  I've seen such DLs at this site (in the Build section):

http://www.11dots.com/
Yes! I couldn't remember where it was and was going to look in-game. I actually believe I got them as part of a set at 4ESF, but they are affiliates. It's called the "LAURANA Fences Part III". When you place it diagonally in a 1x1 V it makes that lovely dome. And now I've seen two more fences I have to have. Grr.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: