More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:00:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deadly expensive hot tubs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deadly expensive hot tubs  (Read 46728 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Deadly expensive hot tubs
« Reply #75 on: 2007 April 27, 03:06:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, have your Sim fix a trash compactor in a ladderless pool while running with scissors and flying a kite.
Now that would be a sight to see!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 April 27, 03:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks LadyLiberty.  Pleased to meet you too. Smiley

This was my first custom neighborhood.  Joe was a menace to everyone there.  First time I saw him, he'd wandered past the house of a Sim who was near the top of the athletic career.  Max body, max fitness.  He insulted her.  Bad move.  She beat him like a cheap rug and sent him on his way.

Joe keeps complaining about the toilet when he's haunting.  Apparently I sold his favorite crapper to replace it with a Flushforce 2000. 

In another hood I had a Sim based on a particularly obnoxious poster on the BBS.  I'd made this particular Sim specifically to make him miserable.  I wanted to see if a Sim could die from low hygiene.  Joe came by and annoyed him, and he got a want to "See the ghost of Joe Carr."  So I decided I'd let him, and fenced Joe off in a corner and let him die.  First time he saw the ghost, it scared him to death!  Poetic justice.

I thought about the weather vane, but decided not to mess with it.  Maybe someone else has some experience with the thing.

I guess Maxis never intended Sims to use the hot tub during Spring and Summer. Too bad they didn't give us the option to drain it.  I had a jacuzzi attached to my swimming pool, when I had one.  It wasn't exactly a hot tub, but the water was always warmer than the pool itself, and we used it a lot, even when the weather was a bit cooler.  No problems when the weather was warmer.  One Sim house is based on that house, and I don't like the idea of putting an awning over the pool.  At least I don't need it all year.

Speaking of pools, the pools are body temperature the year 'round, so you can use them to cool down in Summer and heat up in Winter.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 April 27, 04:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've since removed the hottubs on my dorm lots ( death rate too high from combustion and lightning), but before I removed them, I had a dormie get out of the tub, wander into the dorm to play pool and combust. I thought "That's It"...no more hottubs. I've pretty much cleaned out my fugly dormie pool. The new shiny game generated dormies are not as hard on the eyes.
Combustion from hot tubs is eliminated in the warmth fixes, along with other temperature-related nuisances, like phone-freezing lag.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 April 27, 05:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's the plan. Now that I've thinned out the population it's time to insert the fix. I just didn't have any time today to get much done. In the meantime, until I got the fix, I just moved the tubs out. They'll be back...as a lightning rod, I'm sure.  I've had my fair share of bolts from the sky deaths also. But then again, what idiot goes swimming or hottubbing during a freakin' storm? I'll tell you who: a candidate for the Darwin Awards. Those deaths were well earned. Stupid Sims.  Tongue

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 April 27, 05:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sims lack any sort of deductive reasoning ability.  They aren't human, for all their outward appearances to the contrary.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 April 27, 05:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, sims lack any sort of deductive reasoning ability.  They aren't human, for all their outward appearances to the contrary.
They're actually dumber than Pets, even, because Pets can be trained, but sims are incapable of learning.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 April 27, 05:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always been a gripe of mine. Someday, maybe AI will be advanced enough to take the stupid out of Sims. Wait a minute...that could be a bit scary.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 April 27, 13:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can always place the weather machine and MAKE a storm roll in.

I did just that, Kate.  Brandi turned it on. Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire!  [Programmers must have been listening to Jerry Lee Lewis when creating the weather machine.] 

The house didn't catch on fire but Brandi did.  Bye, bye, Brandi.  Oddly, she didn't leave any insurance proceeds to her kids or hubby. 

Next user was the new widower, Darren Dreamer (by that time he was in red) but there were no direct hits so he survived this round.

Maybe he'll have a hot tub woohoo with the town slut, Nanny Poppins, for some extra heat.   Cheesy
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 April 27, 13:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, she didn't leave any insurance proceeds to her kids or hubby. 

I thought that you only recieved insurance proceeds if your sim died of old age.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 April 27, 15:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that you only recieved insurance proceeds if your sim died of old age.

Yea, that's true. Though Monique has an insurance hack that pays it out for any death, even townies.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 April 30, 06:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the new dangers with hot tubs that Seasons has brough to the game.  Spontaneous combustion?   Angry

I have a brothel in my hood and one of my girls has died three times to lightening strikes in a hot tub...  I don't know why Maxis loves to throw this bull crap into the game.  I am always very careful to keep my sims alive and now this...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 April 30, 07:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, why do you send your sims to a hot tub anyway? Then they tromp about in their swimsuits all day. Don't let 'em mess with it.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 April 30, 13:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate the new dangers with hot tubs that Seasons has brough to the game.  Spontaneous combustion?   Angry

My game must be broken because although I tried over the weekend in various households and dorms, couldn't get one Sim to cook in the hot tub.   Even with six Sim hours in the tub after a workout on the treadmill. 

Maybe if I patched, the feature would be added.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 April 30, 13:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is programmed not to do it if you appear to be trying to make it happen deliberately.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 April 30, 14:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course you are correct.  I've always been suspicious that it was second guessing me.  Damn EA!

cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 May 02, 03:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's always been a gripe of mine. Someday, maybe AI will be advanced enough to take the stupid out of Sims. Wait a minute...that could be a bit scary.

I spent almost an hour trying to get all of the captain crunch out of the nooks and crevices of my keyboard!  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That would be like removing the white off rice, possible, but what a bitch of an undertaking!
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 May 02, 23:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to try the fence fix, then, to at least keep them out during winter and storms... I wonder if there are any invisible gates, because the "room divider" fence strips that came with Pets seem pretty useless as is but would be much more unobtrusive than a real fence outside.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 May 03, 18:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case you've missed it, Syberspunk has a hack in testing that won't necessarily eliminate hottub + lightning deaths, but should lessen them. It makes them exit it during the rain based on their logic points and memories of past electrocution.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 May 03, 22:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gee, maybe I'll ask for one that increases the odds since my Sims seem to be hail proof, heat proof, lightning proof, and electrocution proof. 

Bless the updated SimPE - at least I can again have precise control over my elders' life spans.
ironside
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 May 14, 10:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do you get that to happen miss doh as it never happens to me, although i only use them at home lots both inside and outside, i also use mostly the expensive one too, barry.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2007 May 14, 22:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hang on ironside.

I have to help you before someone stomps you.

how do you get that to happen miss doh as it never happens to me, although i only use them at home lots both inside and outside, i also use mostly the expensive one too, barry.

That is what you did.  THis is what you should have done.

How do you get that to happen, miss doh?  It never happens to me, although I only use them at home lots both inside and outside.  I also use mostly the expensive one.

Barry

There.  Try to be correct with your grammar so certain people (rohina, ElfPuddle) don't come and stomp you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: