More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:24:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deadly expensive hot tubs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deadly expensive hot tubs  (Read 46727 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Deadly expensive hot tubs
« Reply #25 on: 2007 April 12, 14:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this happens rather often, isn't it a VBT, contributing to larger numbers of sim files than one might wish?  I wonder if they took the lid off that sort of number to accommodate this?

It used to be some low number, like 800 or so character files, but that limit was raised with at least NL, and maybe Uni, so you'd have to go a ways now to hit it.  There's still a limit, but from what I've read here it's so high that the odds are your hood will blow up from something else, or you'll abandon it and move to a different one long before you get close to it.

That said, you could always put Pescado's notownieregen hack in the game, and keep it from mindlessly replacing the dead townies until you explicitly create more to fill the diminishing pool.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 12, 14:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno about the odds, but I've personally never had a sim struck by lightning in the Love Tub.  Or anywhere, ever.  I'm starting to feel left out.

I just mentioned this a few posts up, and no one has refuted me, so I guess love tubs are immune to lightning strikes.

Yeah, my post was part "me too" and part "but I can't say for sure because I seem to have gotten the special death-proof edition of TS2."
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 13, 14:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just curious to know if anybody is actually working on a fix for this.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 13, 16:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If no one else makes anything, I might dig around... but I won't make any promises.  The next few weekends are kinda busy for me, and I'm just too brain dead when I get home from work nowadays. Tongue

Ste

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 13, 17:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly hope that you (or somebody) can find the time to make a fix for this, Ste. I've decided (again) that I'm not buying Seasons until this type of stupidity has been burninated. What was EA thinking when they coded this thing?!!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 13, 17:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a community lot with six lightning rods and have still seen frequent fires and sim strikes. Thankfully, no hot tubs there.
Overall, we need a hack that tweaks the probability of lightning strikes to a reasonable frequency.
trancejeremy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 16, 07:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I ever had a sim killed by accident in my game before getting Seasons, and now, thanks to the hot tub, my sims are dying in droves.  My favorite community lot has a hot tub on it, so I send my sims there a lot. But not that's not really feasible, because it's too deadly.  First them catching on fire (which there's a fix for), now the lightning. 

It's funny when it happens once. When it happens a dozen times, it gets really really annoying. And it happens to love tubs, too.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 16, 07:44:47 by trancejeremy » Logged
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 16, 19:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on the Love Tubs - I've just seen a splendid picture posted by someone on the public newsgroups of a sim zapped and fried in a Love Tub.  Krakkkoom!

Inteen for AL, yay!
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 17, 01:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I think I'll definetely wait to get Seasons until lighting can be disabled.  I play with the sims and make sure they dont die.. last thing I need is uncontrollable lighting.  Undecided
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 17, 02:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I think I'll definetely wait to get Seasons until lighting can be disabled.  I play with the sims and make sure they dont die.. last thing I need is uncontrollable lighting.  Undecided

Or you could, you know, keep them inside when it rains? Or at the very least, out of bodies of water? It's no worse than trying to fix the computer on, say, 5-6 mechanical points: not very smart, but you have to be in a crappy mood for it to kill you, and you have to be stupid to do it in the first place

INFP or something
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 17, 05:24:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I think I'll definetely wait to get Seasons until lighting can be disabled.  I play with the sims and make sure they dont die.. last thing I need is uncontrollable lightingUndecided
So, you want all of your sims to live in the dark?

"Lighting" does not equal "lightning".

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 17, 05:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lightning can strike and kill sims in the love tub, at least on private lots.  I had a storm at my legacy greek house and two sims died from consecutive strikes in the tub.   
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 17, 08:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could, you know, keep them inside when it rains? Or at the very least, out of bodies of water? It's no worse than trying to fix the computer on, say, 5-6 mechanical points: not very smart, but you have to be in a crappy mood for it to kill you, and you have to be stupid to do it in the first place

I think the point is more that crappy programming is causing lightning strikes to be way too common. People shouldn't have to alter their normal gameplay just because some nimrods at Eaxis have their heads up their asses.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 17, 08:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People shouldn't have to alter their normal gameplay just because some nimrods at Eaxis have their heads up their asses.

Nimrod - mighty hunter, denier of God, builder of the Tower of Babel.  I'm missing something, aren't I?

Edit - oh, I get it.  Bugs Bunny.

Inteen for AL, yay!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 17, 08:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, perhaps I'm using the wrong term, though I could swear I've heard it used in this context, meaning a stupid person. English isn't my first language. *shrugs* Also, I'm not christian, so I'm unfamiliar with the bible. My bad. Still, my point is valid.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 17, 15:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, perhaps I'm using the wrong term, though I could swear I've heard it used in this context, meaning a stupid person.

Nope, Nimrod is slang meaning a silly or foolish person.  That use of it originated with Bugs Bunny, as maxon mentioned, and probably did have a biblical source, since Bugs used it to refer to Elmer Fudd while he was hunting. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 17, 16:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the point is more that crappy programming is causing lightning strikes to be way too common. People shouldn't have to alter their normal gameplay just because some nimrods at Eaxis have their heads up their asses.

yes, but...

do YOU sit in a body of water during a thunderstorm? I mean, it seems like a no-brainer.

People shouldn't have to alter their normal gameplay? Because, you know, nothing about having weather alters gameplay in the slightest  Roll Eyes We have to adapt to sims having temperatures now, we might as well adapt to the possibility of getting killed by lightning.

INFP or something
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 17, 17:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's sad, but there you go.

Sims are too stupid to:
1. Check for a pool ladder before diving/sliding into a watery death,
2. Unable to simply get out like a normal person by hoisting themself up onto the surround.  (I guess their arms are strong enough to paddle and swim, but not leverage.)

So, it's not a shock when a sim continues to bubble away happily in the hot tub (though perhaps with a quick jump out to say "Wow, it's raining") without ever once displaying a shred of intelligence, and running like a frightened gazelle to "indoors" to avoid lightning strikes.

In the short time I had a hot tub outside at a dorm, two dormies died, and several more got fried.  Granted, I found it all quite funny (especially when my sim avoided getting hit), but eventually I placed corner greenhouse walls and a matching roof just to keep the pain and suffering down.

People can say all they like the phrase "shouldn't have to" but we all know it doesn't work that way with Sims 2.  It's the modders who make sense of the tortured illogic of Eaxis.

So, what... maybe Dizzy includes this sort of thinking into the autonomous behavior whatsihoozit?  Or is it too much...
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 17, 18:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, but...

do YOU sit in a body of water during a thunderstorm? I mean, it seems like a no-brainer.

People shouldn't have to alter their normal gameplay? Because, you know, nothing about having weather alters gameplay in the slightest  Roll Eyes We have to adapt to sims having temperatures now, we might as well adapt to the possibility of getting killed by lightning.
I can adapt how I play my sims to accommodate weather and the risk of getting struck by lightning, but without a hack or cheat I can't do much about sims that are not currently under my control that haven't learned that sitting in a hot tub in a thunderstorm is now dangerous, short of moving all hot tubs indoors.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 17, 18:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is right now that storm are so sudden sometimes sims do not even have time to get out of hot tub before they get hit.  I did put all my hot tubs inside on community lots until something can be done about this but I have no place on residential lot to do so.  I do not have to move thins around all the time because EA miss on a bug as obvious as this one.

And silly townies keeps wanting to go in hot tub on home and community lots without us being able to do anything about it without mods in.  Gee even after they got stike by lighting, they insist in going back in!!  And the storm is not over! Talk about silly sims that are asking to die.  Roll Eyes  My townies and downtownies are all selfsims so i do care about them.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 17, 18:46:56 by MissDoh » Logged
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 17, 23:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I think I'll definetely wait to get Seasons until lighting can be disabled.  I play with the sims and make sure they dont die.. last thing I need is uncontrollable lightingUndecided

Maybe their all vampires   Tongue  Ok I meant lightning
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 18, 06:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe their all vampires   Tongue  Ok I meant lightning

Tongue

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 18, 07:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* RainbowTigress hands ScoobyDoo a dictionary.  Cheesy
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 18, 07:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, dyslexia is in full force now. LOL  Grin
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 21, 01:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was definitely surprised that the non-playables didn't make a run for shelter when it was raining, the one time I was on a comm lot when it was. I guess a few of them eventually ended up crowded in the little park pavilion, chatting, but that may have been a coincidence...

I'd personally love a pie menu to toggle the tubs on and off altogether when it's winter or raining, etc. I forgot about a couple of visitors the other day who sat out in the tub during winter and eventually went home all pale. It's the same house where I had someone struck by lightning in the hot tub as well; it's a big lot so I can't babysit them, but they just won't leave it alone. It'd also be nice to make the hot tub unavailable when you don't want your visitors making a beeline for it and just sitting there being boring all the time, too Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: