More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:50:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deadly expensive hot tubs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deadly expensive hot tubs  (Read 47113 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Deadly expensive hot tubs
« on: 2007 April 11, 04:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was not aware since Seasons playable sims can actually die while on a community lots!  And I have pics to prove it.  It can happen to non-playable too btw.

I sent a sim on a community lot on which there is an expensive hot tub.  A thunderstorm started and sure as hell my sim got hit by lighting not once but twice to make sure it would finish it off...  I post about that on another site but I was curious to see if it was a hack I was not aware doing that so I removed all my downloads and try it again.   Tongue

And it happened again and this time I took pics.  The grim reaper came, the pop-up asking if I wanted to go back and change the odds did come too but I could not do anything, the option were blanked... but the weirdest is that the sim that died turned into a ghost, changed into everyday clothes (because it was in a swimsuit when it was hit by lightning) head to its car and drove back home!   Roll Eyes  WTF is that... Once the residential lot load, the car appeared from the left side of the lot instead of the right side and was empty... it just kind of parked itself, it was really spooky and no sim ever came out of the car.  And the sim did officially died since even without saving the residential lot, the sim was not there anymore.

The odds of sims getting struck by lightning is ridiculously high while they are in a hot tub.  So far my average is 100% (on comunitly lots, I did not test on residential lot yet) whenever a thunderstorm starts, I barely have time to move them out of the tub!  I did put lightning finial in hope it would help but it did not change a thing.  Sure as hell the lightning always hit the hot tub.  I want to remind you I had NO hack or mod at all in game when I took those pics. 

Is this some kind of silly joke Maxis put on us?  Can this be fix with a mod?  Cand the odds be reduced in any way?  I do not like that so many sims can die now.

Here are the pics:

I really hope something can be done at least in regards of the odds.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Deadly expensive hot tubs
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 11, 04:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised Squinge doesn't have a hack for this  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 11, 04:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol Aussieone. Wink
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 11, 04:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sacre bleu, Miss Doh! That's a rough go!

Mental note: hot tubs on comm lots only where there are annoying Sims I definitely want to get rid of.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 11, 05:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My next test is with the regular hot tubs on community lots and then on residential lots to see if the odds are as high.

If I would have let it go, at least 2 playables and 5 unplayables would have died already.  But the thing is, my townies are selfsims and I do not wish for them to die and certainly not that horrible way.

EDIT:  They seem to be well protected against heat stroke while on community lots though, my sim can stay in the hot tub for 5 hours if not more without any chance of it consuming.  Roll Eyes  I will not try that on a residential lot without Pescado warmth fix in though.

EDIT2:  The odds are the same with the regular hot tubs on community lots.. 3 townies got hit my lightning and died and silly them after one died they are just heading in hot tub while the thundestorm is not over like if they would wish to die.. Silly sims!!  Silly Maxis EA!!  I guess my only option for now is to remove all the hot tubs from my community lots until a fix can be done if this is at all possible.  I sure hope the odds are not the same if they are in swimming pool while a thunderstorm starts!  Shocked Huh
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 06:24:59 by MissDoh » Logged
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 11, 12:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about placing the pool/tub indoors?

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 11, 13:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow - that is great.  Can I use that in a story - ooo even better, I'm going to give it a try.  Thanks for that.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 11, 13:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been putting lightning finials on all my lots, but still seeing lightning strike.  Maybe the problem is they have to be at ground level.  I've been putting them on rooftops. You know, where you'd normally see a lightning rod? Cheesy

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 11, 13:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried it myself on a residential lot and got my test family killed. Better stay out of the hot tubs when it's storming...

Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 11, 14:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if the Aspiration reward love tub is immune to the storms? One of my stupid townie kept going in during storms (hell, they actually jog during storms, whaddya expect) but he never got fried. All my lightning strikes are with the hot tub, but none with the love tub. Fluke?

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 11, 14:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been putting lightning finials on all my lots, but still seeing lightning strike.  Maybe the problem is they have to be at ground level.  I've been putting them on rooftops. You know, where you'd normally see a lightning rod?

I thought of that, to give you an idea, I put 3 lightning finial on that perticular community lot: 1 on the roof, 1 in the parking and one on the grass.  It still insist on hitting the hot tub.  Lips sealed

Wow - that is great.  Can I use that in a story - ooo even better, I'm going to give it a try.  Thanks for that.

Knock yourself out, this "bug" isn't my property.

Just tried it myself on a residential lot and got my test family killed. Better stay out of the hot tubs when it's storming...

Thanks, I won't need to try it myself this evening.

BTW the main problem here is that my playable can die on community lots, I cannot do anything about it (other than either removing all my hot tubs or try the ffs debugger to regain control) and are driving back home looking like a ghost.  This should definitely not happened and for me it is a major bug.  Before I ressurect that sim, I loaded the community lot and indeed the tombstone of the dead sim was there.  Once resurrected, it was no longer there so the process of resurrecting does work properly.  Yes I could put the hot tubs inside but my lots are not design that way and hot tubs should go outside not inside.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 14:14:34 by MissDoh » Logged
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 11, 14:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow - that is great.  Can I use that in a story - ooo even better, I'm going to give it a try.  Thanks for that.

Knock yourself out, this "bug" isn't my property.

The main interest is that you get the car going home by itself - that'll go in a story.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 11, 15:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw three townies get hit with lightning on a community lot with the same hottub recently. The third townie got hit twice - straight again after climbing out - and died. It's the first time a non-playable has died on a community lot for me. Lightning rods are becoming a must and apparently too much of a requirement. The percentage of lightning strikes in hot tubs needs tweaking.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 11, 15:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the same experience...only in dorms. I am the proud owner of 6 tombstones of dormies on just one lot. 5 died from combustion from the hottub ( I didn't extinguish, as they were polluting the gene pool   Tongue ) and 1 lighting strike. What ever happened to dormie invulnerability?

ETA: this happened in one play session lasting approx. 4 hours and I can't even count how many times my playable had to extinguish burning Sims.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 15:50:43 by purplehaze » Logged

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 11, 15:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Purplehaze, Pescado made a mod so sims won't combuste that easily, it is called warmth fix.

You should take a peek at it.  Tongue
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 11, 17:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't put it in because this is a nice way to cull the fuglies from my dorm without me having to do the dirty deed. What I am more interested in is the change in gameplay from invulnerability to kill mark.  Maybe the game code is seeing fugly and zapping the blighters!  Tongue  BTW...I am also having a lot of dormies struck by lightning. One in (about) twenty seems to die.  I'm a Uni player, so my experiences come from that type of gameplay.  I've done quite a few outings Downtown, and haven't witnessed your problem... yet. But, I will keep an eye out for it. I'd hate to lose a playable that way.  And the ghost car...that's just bizarre.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 11, 18:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Incidentally... and anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong... but I think the dormie "invulnerability" is a bit of a misnomer.  I don't think that dormies couldn't never die... it's just that, the way the dorm controller code worked was, it always sent dormies to "bed" at certain times closer to the evening.  While dormies are in "stasis" inside their rooms, their motives are all pretty much automagically refreshed.  So, they are hardly ever hungry or sleepy.  I think the nodormieinvulnerability hack simply makes it so that dormies' motives aren't always refreshed like that.  So even when they go into their rooms, they can come out and actually be hungry and tired or have full bladders, leading to the constant passing out, pissing themselves, and sometimes even death (typically by starvation).  This pretty much happens usually when more than one motive is totally depleted (in the red).

Anyhew, I definitely would like to see a fix for this extreme lightning death situation as well.  That just seems really ridiculous... on the other hand, it was kind of amusing, so merci beaucoup for sharing MissDoh.  I especially like the spooky ghost car thing.  Hehehe. Cheesy

Ste

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 11, 18:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until/unless they fix this, don't visit either P.U.R.E. or Lulu Lounge. Both have unprotected hot tubs (4 in P.U.R.E.'s case). Visitors to community lots seem to be immune to both hot tub overheating and exercise overheating, which is good. One of my favorite custom lots has six hot tubs and a few treadmills.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 11, 18:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyhew, I definitely would like to see a fix for this extreme lightning death situation as well.  That just seems really ridiculous... on the other hand, it was kind of amusing, so merci beaucoup for sharing MissDoh.  I especially like the spooky ghost car thing.  Hehehe.

Oh I must admit I lmao at 1st but after seeing it again and again, the joke was getting old.  I knew the pics would speak for themselves.  Tongue  Glad you enjoyed them  Grin

Did anybody try swimming while there is a storm? I am concern about the odds of that situation too.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 18:19:06 by MissDoh » Logged
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 11, 20:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim gaining body in a swimming pool at the time of the incident mentioned above, and lightning never struck the water (weird, considering it is a larger body of water). The lot was wolfsim68's Stoneyville Community Pool. I'm going to stick a few lightning rods on community lots to avoid problems.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 11, 22:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until/unless they fix this, don't visit either P.U.R.E. or Lulu Lounge. Both have unprotected hot tubs (4 in P.U.R.E.'s case). Visitors to community lots seem to be immune to both hot tub overheating and exercise overheating, which is good. One of my favorite custom lots has six hot tubs and a few treadmills.

Well you could go, but leave when it starts raining, or go in a less wet season (fall and winter rarely have rain, right?)

INFP or something
LadyLiberty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 12, 07:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this happens rather often, isn't it a VBT, contributing to larger numbers of sim files than one might wish?  I wonder if they took the lid off that sort of number to accommodate this?

Would putting the glass awning sort of a thing over the pool, hot tubs, work?  I haven't tested this yet, as my game is out to lunch while I participate in my first hair and clothing binning retreat.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 12, 08:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the odds (the only lots I've really played much since installing Seasons have a huge greenhouse with the pool and tub inside it) but a swimming pool has the potential to be even worse. According to Prima- so take it with a grain of salt- in the hot tub, only the specific person being struck is effected. In the swimming pool, everyone in the pool is effected.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 12, 14:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno about the odds, but I've personally never had a sim struck by lightning in the Love Tub.  Or anywhere, ever.  I'm starting to feel left out.
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 12, 14:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno about the odds, but I've personally never had a sim struck by lightning in the Love Tub.  Or anywhere, ever.  I'm starting to feel left out.

I just mentioned this a few posts up, and no one has refuted me, so I guess love tubs are immune to lightning strikes.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: