More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:20:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  No memories of adopting a stray?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No memories of adopting a stray?  (Read 2607 times)
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
No memories of adopting a stray?
« on: 2007 April 12, 00:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Starting a new neighbourhood for Seasons, I decided to have the family adopt a stray. I had never done it before, as it's a long and painful process, but now I wanted to try it.

A little girl became best friends with a cat and even got the want "Sleepy joins family". Unfortunately, kids can't adopt, so I had to repeat it all with her mother. Finally (on the last day of fourth season!), the option "Adopt" showed up. The cat was adopted by the mother, but the girl's want wasn't fulfilled. Neither Sleepy, nor the rest of family had the memories of him joining the family.

I removed all my downloads, but it didn't helped a bit. I aged the girl to teen and made her adopt the cat - again, no memories and the want remained unfulfilled. Since I've never adopted before, I don't know, maybe it's normal? Huh

It's a new neighbourhood, with only one playable family, played for four seasons (it's 20 sim days, I think), made with empty templates. Strays were made using NPC and Townie Maker (the tree spawned by shift-clicking a Sim). I have Uni, Holiday Pack 2005, NL, Pets, Seasons and Celebration pack, but still no OFB.  Wink

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: No memories of adopting a stray?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 12, 01:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never fulfilled the "Obtain a Pet" want through adoption of a stray but there is the memory you spoke of.
caterpillar
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 12, 12:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue with John Burb..it was during summer so he had very quickly built up friendship points with a stray cat called Sake. He got the want for Sake to join the family & the 'adopt' was available in the interaction menu. Sake was adopted & is now part of the family, but John's want was not satisfied by it.
It was a mild bummer, lol, but I wanted to adopt Sake before John did, so my want got satisfied, anyway, lol. I don't remember now if there was a Sake joined the family memory, I just remember John's want for it hung around unsatisfied for a day after Sake was adopted.
vaughje
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 12, 13:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I had the same.  A family adopted a stray, and there were no memories, I don't remember if her want was satisfied or not, but I want to say not.

I was kind of surprised, because they usually go overkill on the cinematic specialness of every little thing.  It was so anti-climatic.  Bummer.

The End.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: