More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 17:23:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Be uneducated
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Be uneducated  (Read 5214 times)
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Be uneducated
« on: 2007 April 09, 21:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My fortune sim, which I never sent to college, has this fear "be uneducated"  It's worth a whopping  -10,000 asp.  It's been there ever since he turned adult, so I don't think it's going away.

I assume this is going to kick in when he turns elder or when he dies.  So my question is, if I have not sent him college, what can I do about it at this stage.  (without cheating).  Or is it just Maxis way of punishing people for not going to college.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Be uneducated
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 09, 22:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, the "be uneducated" want only applies to teens, and it kicks in the moment they reach adulthood.  An adult can't do anything to trigger this fear, so there's no reason to worry about it.

On the up side, until this fear falls off the queue you'll have one fewer thing to worry about.  On the down side, since adults aren't supposed to have this fear, that means a borked SWAF.  I don't know enough to say what caused this, so I can't say just how bad this will be in the long run for your game.
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 10, 16:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this is the silliest fear of the game! Lots of highly educated people never went to college, but *sigh*, it's Maxis/EA/whatever!
Change it in SimPE? Is that counted as cheating? It is a borked SWAF as Soylent said, so I guess not, but I'm just wondering if it would FUBAR your game anyway  Lips sealed

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 10, 16:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's also christianlov's painting at MTS2 that allows you to send an adult sim to college: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=179482

And it all makes sense, as adult people can attend real universities, so there's no reason why adult sims can't.

So far I've used it with one sim with no side effects, but I have yet to graduate it.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 10, 17:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sans an outside hack, you could use boolProp to spawn the SimModder, age them down to teen (quit job first, just in case) and then send them off to college. But really, unless the SWAF burp is really going to cause firey-ball type damage, why mess with it? Uni is a yawner.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 10, 22:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that Zaza.  (You don't need boolprop or to spawn anything, just use SimsAgeCheat on).  I regressed my sim to a teenager, and then I aged him back to adult.  The fear was gone, but I got kicked in the head with - 10,000 asp. 

I wonder if it's going to sit there until the sim dies.  Or maybe it will kick in at the next age transition. 

I dunno what I was thinking about when I specified no cheating.  I think I thought it was a normal fear and wanted the in-game method for fixing it.  Didn't realize it was a borked SWAF.

I am going to investigate Theo's solution. Thanks Theo!.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 11, 01:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ugh, I always forget about the sim aging cheat because the Sim Modder is a regular resident of my lots. Anyways, all Family/Knowledge/Fortune sims I've had not go to college get hit with that -10,000 aspiration hit when they don't go to Uni...whether the fear is active or not. Very ridiculous. I was just saying that you could age them back and put them through college.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 11, 05:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to see someone come up with a Not Go To College want and give it some big ol' aspiration points.  As has been said above, not everyone goes to college and quite a lot of those people still succeed.  So Tongue on eaxis.

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 11, 11:56:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just saying that you could age them back and put them through college.

Oh yeah.  That too Smiley

I think only some sims get that fear.  knowledge and fortune.

I started this family as a poverty challenge, that's why I never sent him to college. 
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 11, 12:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Romance sims should want to go to college, as that's where a lot of people get "jiggy with it".

*laughs*

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 11, 13:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So Tongue on eaxis.

They're the Eaxis of Evil!  Grin
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile