More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:09:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  EP5 seasonal trees spawning on built lots: unremovable by any means
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EP5 seasonal trees spawning on built lots: unremovable by any means  (Read 7226 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
EP5 seasonal trees spawning on built lots: unremovable by any means
« on: 2007 April 09, 12:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've kind of ignored this thus far as I've only seen trees encroaching on the road. Now I have them in the houses!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/215/452233562_6aaa359810.jpg
 same tree & house but upstairs

I have even tried moving the lot in neighborhood view to delete the tree (which remains in situ where the lot once stood) ... but the tree is undeletable by any means.

The question is this: can it be fixed? All theories welcome ... or else set fire to this thread and point me, lipless, to the answer that I failed to find with my searches.  Tongue

I can't produce an error log since the displayed items are not clickable ....  Huh

This is a new hood for Seasons. I have only MATY hacks + all EPs and stuff packs. The new hood has not been "doctored" with customisations (eg DAC) though I am using default replacements of the CAS faces and have used debug mode to make some of the fuglier townies a little less ugly, by forcing their selectability and making them use the cosmetic surgery machine

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: EP5 seasonal trees spawning on built lots: unremovable by any means
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 09, 12:18:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a Bug with Seasons. The Mapletree wanders around the Hood in Autumn and Winter.
Search around the House with the Gost Tree in your Lots where the tree is and remove them.
 I mean the original Tree not the Lod shown in your Picture. Only Neigbour Lots could cause this.

Edit: Look also for Hooddeco Trees in Spring. Maybe the Hood Trees are also affected. But always the Maple Tree only.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 09, 12:27:22 by Havelock » Logged
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 09, 12:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tahnks Havelock. Checking now.

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Anne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 09, 14:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had the same problem - a maple tree growing in my sim's garage. The problem was caused, apparently, by a maple tree in the neighbor's yard - I went into the next door lot, moved the tree, and the problem was solved.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 09, 15:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, thanks for the input. I dropped out of the game to search for clues to fix it, and finding none -- difficult to think of meaningful search terms to be honest; a search either returned zilch or far too many results -- posted here. It was a simple, but tedious, fix. I had no idea I'd been so profligate in my usage of the damned things. There were all over the place.

me shit
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 09, 19:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks like a Rorshach ink blot tree, all symmetrical. I don't recall the maples being quite so mirrored before.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 10, 18:31:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. No, they aren't quite that mirrored. I just had my first occurance of this bug last night even though I'm rather fond of the Japanese Maple. Took a sim downtown to the minimall and had four phantom trees on the lot. All that pink-leaved color even though I had maybe two pink-leaved ones in the neighborhood. Tons of custom-leaved ones, though....pretty much every lot uses them. I also had four large blue flashy-things in the distance view from a lot two spots down which I can't figure out the source of. They kind of looked like vertical churros. I'm thinking it must be custom content, but the shape isn't familiar.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 10, 19:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had four large blue flashy-things in the distance view from a lot two spots down which I can't figure out the source of. They kind of looked like vertical churros. I'm thinking it must be custom content, but the shape isn't familiar.

I've had a lot of that with custom colors of Maxis trees -- Seasons just doesn't like them. I ended up deleting all the custom color files.  The hydrangea and birch trees seem to be the ones with the most problems.

I also had the same problems with all the Numenor 'lost maxis trees'.  I guess they're 'lost' because they're missing some code the game expects, but they were just big blobs of blue in both the neighborhood screen and on the lots after I installed seasons.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 10, 19:36:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had four large blue flashy-things in the distance view from a lot two spots down which I can't figure out the source of. They kind of looked like vertical churros. I'm thinking it must be custom content, but the shape isn't familiar.

I've had a lot of that with custom colors of Maxis trees -- Seasons just doesn't like them. I ended up deleting all the custom color files.  The hydrangea and birch trees seem to be the ones with the most problems.

I also had the same problems with all the Numenor 'lost maxis trees'.  I guess they're 'lost' because they're missing some code the game expects, but they were just big blobs of blue in both the neighborhood screen and on the lots after I installed seasons.

Had the blue shapes on a comm. lot just the other day, it's got plenty of CC on it yet everything was fine when I entered the lot; the weirdness was only in 'hood view.  I have no idea which of these actions fixed it, but can't hurt to try:  daub a bit of terrain on the affected lot and save, plunk down a new tree in the hood, or rebuy a few items for the afflicted lot and save.  After entering a residential lot and exiting to the hood again, they were gone.

Edit:  Just now saw that this is a temporary fix; a restart of my game and the blue shapes are back.  *feels shame.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 10, 20:59:33 by Jfred » Logged

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 10, 20:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons Trees needs now 3 Meshes for the real Tree and the same amount for the Lod. (everytime the state of the Tree or Shrub changes the game switches the Meshes not the Texture)
Your Game could not find the Lodmeshes and Textures so you get the blue flashing ones.
It is possible to make the custom Trees and Shrubs working with seasons but expect really big Packages.
Edit: Forgot to add Shrubs have more than 3 meshes, because the need the overgrown state also. So they need nine.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 10, 20:52:02 by Havelock » Logged
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 10, 21:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that explanation, Havelock. And thanks Jsalemi - turns out it was indeed a recolor of one of my now marching J. Maples - they flashed blue for me when I sent a sim there from a lot that had flipped to Fall.  It was perplexing as all I had was this:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/Jfed/garden/gardenpark.jpg

Which didn't give me a whole lot to go on - the maples were formerly contained in the square shrubbery.    Roll Eyes

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 10, 22:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seasons Trees needs now 3 Meshes for the real Tree and the same amount for the Lod. (everytime the state of the Tree or Shrub changes the game switches the Meshes not the Texture)
Your Game could not find the Lodmeshes and Textures so you get the blue flashing ones.
It is possible to make the custom Trees and Shrubs working with seasons but expect really big Packages.
Edit: Forgot to add Shrubs have more than 3 meshes, because the need the overgrown state also. So they need nine.
Weird that that's only happening with trees on another lot (neighbor view). I have loads of custom trees and they appear fine on my lots, just no snow cover or leaves falling in the appropriate seasons. Randomness!

Edit: Yup, it was multiple instances of custom recolors of the nasty Japanese Autumn Maple that was causing those churro-shaped flashing blue objects in neighbor view. I've not seen any other custom trees or recolored Maxis trees do this, and I did test approximately 12 different trees in the same neighborhood during Fall, while the maples were flashing on another lot. Yet again, that maple is borked.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 12, 05:47:07 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 11, 03:23:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird that that's only happening with trees on another lot (neighbor view). I have loads of custom trees and they appear fine on my lots, just no snow cover or leaves falling in the appropriate seasons. Randomness!

Yes they appear fine on Lots because the Game only fails to switch them to the seasonal state. But Neighborhoodview acts different you got the blue flashing for missing lodtextures pre Seasons also.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 03:28:26 by Havelock » Logged
Gwendolyne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 20, 14:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that is how those maples look in my game:

Unnukable, untouchable.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 25, 13:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

indeed i've the same problem, not so tragic like in the starting post.. btw

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3496/screenhunter1xy1.jpg

i've some trees in the middle of the road...
and i was looking for some tips to remove it
« Last Edit: 2007 May 25, 13:52:54 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 May 25, 14:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until someone fixes it...or Maxis fixes it (unlikely)...you'll have to remove all Japanese Maples and recolors of the tree from all your lots. Stinks, as those are my favorites next to that hulking cyprus.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 May 25, 23:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and there are some more !!!
maxis waste it again !!

as maybe you know I've made a new sc4 terrain.. (downloadable from here)
well, I've noticed that i can't see any tree around the city, when i'm plaing from the community or residential lots, but the 2 on the middle of the road  Grin

so i've made a pair of tests
1) with the standard (alreadY present in the game) .sc4 file the problem didn't come out
2) with a custom .sc4 with no tree that come from simcity, the game didn't present the problem

so i've opened my last files and i notice that i've placed some trees...
that's the problem !

early maxis randomize the tree that coming from SimCity4, not it waste it totally so, you can place palm, or pine, anyway it will waste your hood :\
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: