More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:20:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Changing the day of a season on a lot?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing the day of a season on a lot?  (Read 5725 times)
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Changing the day of a season on a lot?
« on: 2007 April 08, 18:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to change the day of the season on a lot?  Today in my game, sims moving into new lots are starting on the last day of the first season.  Yesterday when I played, it was the first day of the first season.   Huh

Is this a random thing?  I've only had Seasons for a few days and haven't moved many sims into new lots.  I assumed every lot would start on day 1 of season 1 and that's what happened the first few lots I started brand new.  Then I thought maybe the starting point was determined by the lot you played last in that neighborhood.  But that would have been the last day of the 2nd season.  So that's wrong. 

Normally I wouldn't really care, but I'm trying to play a challenge of my own devising and it's somewhat difficult to play to certain rules if I can't guarantee the starting point.

Is there a way to change a lot to a certain day of a season, or reset the lot to day 1 of season 1?  I didn't stumble on anything in boolprop.  Maybe I should check InSIM.

I renamed my TS2 folder and let the game generate a brand new one.  Same issue.  So it's not hack/mod related.  Thanks for any help or insight.  Twain was having the same issue yesterday, so I assume other people have seen this.

Just coincidence but it works.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Changing the day of a season on a lot?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 08, 18:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The seasons and weather controller works great for me..... http://www.simwardrobe.com/    It's found under 'other' objects.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 08, 19:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game seems to work the other way around, the first lot I play in a neighborhood will be on the last day of Season 1 and all the lots after that will be on the first day of Season 2. Not that it's important but it's a bit easier to fix if it's my one as you just have to watch out for the first hours.

There's an aspiration reward item that will set seasons, give you days left in the season and.. call weather. I forget what else. It's pretty cool. My sim called down a lightning storm on a sim he didn't like. But then he forgot (I didn't realize he needed to) to turn the thing off so it kept raining and raining and over-soaked his garden. Karma'll getcha, even in the sims Wink

Unsouper
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 08, 19:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another thread someone said that if you leave the season configuration as default (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring), newly moved in sims start on the last day of summer, but if you customize your neighborhood's seasons, you start on the first day of a season. I haven't verified that this is indeed true though. Sounds plausible.

Fail.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 08, 20:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the simwardobe tip.  I'll check that out.

I've customized the season order on both custom neighborhoods, so that isn't it.  I haven't played with the weather aspiration object yet, and for the challenge it would be tricky to use, but I'll look into it.

Just coincidence but it works.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 08, 21:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another thread someone said that if you leave the season configuration as default (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring), newly moved in sims start on the last day of summer, but if you customize your neighborhood's seasons, you start on the first day of a season. I haven't verified that this is indeed true though. Sounds plausible.

I'm thinking this is random. I tried altering the seasons from the default setting in my game and my lots still loaded on the last day of the first season chosen.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 09, 00:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my seasons so autumn was first, and sims I moved in started on the first day of autumn.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 09, 02:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I changed my seasons so autumn was first, and sims I moved in started on the first day of autumn.

Almost the same here, though in my case it was Winter -- but they all started on the first day.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 09, 03:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe it starts on the first day of the first season only if the FIRST season is changed from the default? So setting anything instead of summer would work, but if you leave summer as the first season and change the others, it would still start on the last day of summer. If that's true, it's some weird coding....

Fail.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 09, 11:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking this is random. I tried altering the seasons from the default setting in my game and my lots still loaded on the last day of the first season chosen.
Not random for me - my main hood was reset to Winter-Spring-Summer-Autumn and all lots start on the first day of winter.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: