More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 08:38:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Sims 2 Is broken..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sims 2 Is broken..  (Read 18136 times)
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

I'm just stupid, what's your excuse?

View Profile WWW
My Sims 2 Is broken..
« on: 2007 April 08, 16:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, hi

(btw fist post <3)

My Sims 2 is borkend:

The NPC's walk in their shorts delivering post when it's like -30 outside and there's snow up to their knees. Why?! NPC's can't afford outerwear?
Okay, it's snowing, but why doesn't the roadside grass get any snow? Looks stupid, btw..
No snow on the driveway?
Sims go hog the "¤"#¤"#¤"#¤ bookshelf and keep reading the stupid books even if they are totally happy. Why?! Why can't they take a learning book instead of a useless novel?
How hard is it to go to the dresser (if one exists in the same room they sleep in), put some clothes on and go get breakfast.. I'd like to be able to leave my sims alone for 15 minutes when I go take a shower...
Why don't they make food for the whole family if they're hungry? My three adult sims line up to the fridge and they all prepare one meal - for theirselves!

Stupid EA has sold me almost €250 worth crap..

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: My Sims 2 Is broken..
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 08, 16:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, your title is very detailed and informative. However, that sounds like your game is working as intended: stupidly. It sounds like you could could make use of Macrotastics, found on this very website.
jonayla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 08, 16:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

make use of Macrotastics, found on this very website.

At this point I'm willing to try everything. Smiley

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 08, 17:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really want the mailman to wear winter clothes in the winter, and are willing to switch it per season, you could use the NPC replacer from simswardrobe to give them a winter outfit and switch back when it's warm enough. You'd hafta find or make the outfit though. It wouldn't be too much trouble once you got it set up except to keep the lots synced up so they were the same season all the time or the NPC would end up looking silly anyway or you wouldn't know when to change them.

MTS2 has a new hack for fully covering the hood in snow during the winter, no grass showing. I dunno if it's just from the neighborhood view or not though.

There are hacks that will make them autonomously study from bookshelves - I *think* I saw one updated for the season's bookshelf but have no clue where. I think macrostatics would help with this, but I don't use it so am not sure.

BUY will make them shower, and thus change into everyday clothing, before leaving the bathroom.

There are hacks that either don't allow them to make food on their own at all, or don't allow single servings. Try squinge's from insim.

I don't think any of Pescado's mods are really meant to let you just watch the sims while they do something on their own. You can power idle them so they won't do stupid stuff on their own, but you still hafta one way or another tell them what to do - just not click so much to do it. I think.

Unsouper
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 08, 17:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to be able to leave my sims alone for 15 minutes when I go take a shower...

It's a game, not a TV show. Use the pause button.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 09, 02:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(btw fist post <3)

Certainly was similar to a punch to the head.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

jonayla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 09, 08:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really want the mailman to wear winter clothes in the winter, and are willing to switch it per season, you could use the NPC replacer from simswardrobe to give them a winter outfit and switch back when it's warm enough.

Excellent idea! I'll forget the outerwear, but make them wear long pants, that should minimize the annoyance factor... I think.

MTS2 has a new hack for fully covering the hood in snow during the winter, no grass showing. I dunno if it's just from the neighborhood view or not though.

Yeah, I downloaded that but didn't have the chance to test it yet since I've been too buzy playing Zombiehorde the last couple of days. Hopefully the hack does the trick..

There are hacks that will make them autonomously study from bookshelves - I *think* I saw one updated for the season's bookshelf but have no clue where. I think macrostatics would help with this, but I don't use it so am not sure.

I'll have to googley-google then. I'm still learning how to take benefit of Macrotastics..

BUY will make them shower, and thus change into everyday clothing, before leaving the bathroom.

I can put up a computer, set it up, solve the problems, give support to others but I don't know how to use BUY. RTFM tells it all, but I just can't figure out. Well, people's talents vary... Guess I'll have to read RTFM once again..

There are hacks that either don't allow them to make food on their own at all, or don't allow single servings. Try squinge's from insim.

I did try it but it didn't quite work. Must be one of my gazillion hacks that didn't like it..

I don't think any of Pescado's mods are really meant to let you just watch the sims while they do something on their own. You can power idle them so they won't do stupid stuff on their own, but you still hafta one way or another tell them what to do - just not click so much to do it. I think.

Yeah, I didn't mean it the way it sounded. See, I have these filler families that I need to produce children, but I have this sick want of them having memories from the start - I don't really wanna play them, but I want their children to have memories that they make. I'd like them to be fully lived when I pair their children with my favorite families' children.. Smiley Once I let one family live on their own when I went to bed (and had a good five-houry sleep) and only one teenage sim survived..

The point I was trying to make was that if the Maxian creeps had worked on the AI a bit more, their free-willed lives would be longer and safer. I used to run only idiotism-removing hacks, but I guess I'll have to start running hacks that really change the game-play.

I always thought free will lets them live on their own, not burn the whole place down.

Thanks for the polite answer to the harsh set of opinions Smiley

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 09, 09:56:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How hard is it to go to the dresser (if one exists in the same room they sleep in), put some clothes on and go get breakfast.

There's a hack (by Squinge?) that causes sims to autonomously change into everyday clothing as soon as they get out of bed. Smonoff at MTS2 also has a 'sleep in any outfit' hack, which allows sims to sleep in everyday clothing, if you so desire. Either of these can save a lot of time, since the sims take so long to do everything.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 09, 14:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid EA has sold me almost €250 worth crap..
No joke.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 09, 16:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The point I was trying to make was that if the Maxian creeps had worked on the AI a bit more, their free-willed lives would be longer and safer... I always thought free will lets them live on their own, not burn the whole place down.

I can't even pretend to know what goes into programming a game's AI, so I can't speak to whether or not Maxis/EA did a good job with theirs or not. What gets me is that option to "sim while minimized" so that your sims can go about their lives while you're reading email or whatnot - can they possibly think these sims can be trusted not to kill themselves in various lamebrained ways while I'm away? I've tried just letting a family loose on their own for a few sim-days, just to see if they'd surprise me with something interesting, but the only 'interesting' thing they seem to do is find some reportedly fun activity to get stuck in until they've peed themselves or set the house on fire with yet another plate of lobster thermidor they don't need.

Fortunately, I actually enjoy *playing* the game and would find it boring just to let it go on about itself without me. But the fact that Maxis/EA seems to think these sims are even remotely capable of caring for themselves while I go do something else? That's just funny as hell  Roll Eyes

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 09, 18:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NPC's walk in their shorts delivering post when it's like -30 outside and there's snow up to their knees. Why?! NPC's can't afford outerwear?

Dontcha know the mailman is from Seattle?

The hogging of objects, from the shower to the bookcase to the computer...well Crammyboy fixed the 'computer madness' anyway, but there is apparently no fix for 'bookcase madness' or 'shower madness' and I find that married sims seem to suffer from a sort of 'esp' where whatever one is doing, the other must do it as well and in or at the very same object.  It is very annoying, but it is not 'broken'...it's just Maxis.

Without hacks from here and MTS2, I could not play my game.  Not because it wouldn't run.  It'd just be too damn frustrating.  And I don't think I need to have a stroke over a game...and likely you don't either. 

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 09, 19:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People, people.  You are not speaking its correct language.  You are CONFUSING it!

Lyke, ZOMG!  I HAET THT TWO!!  I DONT TINK u shld us hax cuz tey bork yer gam and most importantly dont use boolprop cuz it causes errors!  U SHLD MOVE OWNED LOTS INTO THE LOTBIN AND PLACE THEM IN A NEW NAYBERHIOOD!!!!!!1\

LOLz peece!

Don't forget about the invisible house!  It is so cool!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 09, 19:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you played your 100 days, Lil Brudder?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 09, 19:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I LOVE the invisible house!! It is my FAVORITE! I was so suprised when I found it and now I can't imagine living without it!!!

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 09, 19:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep!  I got my 100 a week ago.  I had to start over.

I can't believe it's by the waterfall with that rock.  I thought it was over there!
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 09, 19:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course not! I'm surprised you didn't search for that info here. We've dissected this completely more than once.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 09, 19:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to do it myself!

After all,

"I can make it on my own!"

;-)
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 10, 08:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once I let one family live on their own when I went to bed (and had a good five-houry sleep) and only one teenage sim survived..
There are ways to improve their chances.  Certain hacks that take the edge off the stupidity, extra fridges so they don't run out of food, sprinklers over the stove, good house design.  Actually, I think there's a challenge based around this, isn't there?

The point I was trying to make was that if the Maxian creeps had worked on the AI a bit more, their free-willed lives would be longer and safer.
Yes, but if they just lived perfect lives doing all the right things all the time without you then they wouldn't be much of a game, would they? Tongue
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 12, 07:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously these people at MaxisEA have engineered the AI to do *exactly* as they intended, with more than a few glitches to be sure.  It is a game, obviously, and if the 'stupid' sims just did whatever made sense then they would need no input from us and the 'game' would be quite boring.  It seems obvious that the primary strategy of the game is to prevent the sims from doing 'stupid' stuff and make them do something more productive.  All of these 'annoyances' are what you are supposed to be trying to avoid by *playing* the game.

While I accept this as the reality of the Sims2 game, what really bugs me is the way they applied this same 'logic' to pets you cannot control directly.  You can keep stupid sims from bottlenecking at the computer and the bookcase, and you can make them eat before starving and so on, but how do you keep two dogs from always wanting to sleep in the same doggone bed, chew the same damn bone, or eat from the same farking bowl when there is another perfectly good bed/bone/bowl sitting right next to it?  There should at least be a praise for/scold for 'trying to use item already in use'.

Anyway, dealing with stupid sims *is* the game, as if dealing with supid people in reality isn't enough already.  I think it was Einstein who said that the way to understand infinity is to comprehend the extent of human stupidity.  I could be wrong, the actual quote eludes me.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 13, 21:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lyke, ZOMG!  I HAET THT TWO!!  I DONT TINK u shld us hax cuz tey bork yer gam and most importantly dont use boolprop cuz it causes errors!  U SHLD MOVE OWNED LOTS INTO THE LOTBIN AND PLACE THEM IN A NEW NAYBERHIOOD!!!!!!1\

LOLz peece!

There is a serious grammatical error in this sentence. Roll Eyes
The use of the term 'borke' in the midst of the lazy language is a contradiction, because 'borke is a MATY term (I should know, I discovered it Cool), and MATY-ites do not use lazy language. Angry

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 16, 05:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOLz peece!

There is a serious grammatical error in this sentence. Roll Eyes
The use of the term 'borke' in the midst of the lazy language is a contradiction, because 'borke is a MATY term (I should know, I discovered it Cool), and MATY-ites do not use lazy language. Angry
I applaud your effort, but "bork" is not a MATY-only term. It's been recognized since at least 2001 according to the urban dictionary. (See: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bork). I feel your pain, though. I recently "made up" the title Sprog for my favorite 2nd cousin which tickled the crap out of her, only to find that it's been around since the beginning of time.

Edit: I still maintain that I coined the term "gank", as I started using it back in 1993, and hadn't heard it anywhere before.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Horanda
Knuckleheaded Knob

I used to have to be nice

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 16, 22:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The term is 'borke' no matter what the Urban Dictionary says. I did not say I coined it, I said I discovered it (here, at least). And it was the result of an otherwise intelligent human being having fingers that move at a different speed to his brain. Tongue

My comment was a joke intended to point out that the use of lazy language at this point was clearly a put-on. Roll Eyes

Chill Cool

I'm not doing too bad, considering my age and personality
Pro-freedom
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 17, 00:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*glomps Horanda*

It's Horanda's fault (?) that we had a deliciously fun time with borkened and unborkable titanium poking sticks. *sigh* Those were the days.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 17, 00:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooh a glompy thread <glomps folks>

I'm convinced whoever coined the term 'bork' purposefully alluded to 'dorp' as in 'dorp dead' having the same taste in youthful reading as I did - namely this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/product-description/0440419417/ref=dp_proddesc_0/103-0871244-3956666?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

(the excerpt clearly shows why the allusion is so enchanting)

Unsouper
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 17, 05:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The term is 'borke' no matter what the Urban Dictionary says. I did not say I coined it, I said I discovered it (here, at least). And it was the result of an otherwise intelligent human being having fingers that move at a different speed to his brain. Tongue

My comment was a joke intended to point out that the use of lazy language at this point was clearly a put-on. Roll Eyes

Chill Cool
And I was just being argumenative for the sake of being a pain in the nether regions~!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: