More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:39:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  many sound errors
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: many sound errors  (Read 5970 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
many sound errors
« on: 2007 April 08, 15:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this has been a problem for awhile. Multiple Sound errors showing up in debug mode, i have been ignoreing it as to start all i noticed was when i bought something there was a sound error, now the sink drip as well as others i'm sure, and as the drip is sorta constant so are the errors running in my window. I need to know what is causing this or, what files i need to pull from the cds to replace whatever is the problem.

Edit: I was having a constrainfloorelevation problem(as in couldn't use it at all) that i had thought was connected with celebration but strangely seems to be restricted to one lot. So as long as that problem isn't going to pop up again i'm not worried about it

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 2007 April 08, 23:00:35 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: many sound errors
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 09, 10:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I too am having the dripping sink problem, so I'm curious to know the solution for this.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 09, 11:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dripping sink should be related to the age of plumbing stuff; replacing them with new ones usually resolve the issue. On a side note, I remember that Inge at simlogical made a hack which will stop any dripping sound.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 09, 11:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Marhis. I'll have to check that out. I've found that, with countertop sinks, simply moving them off the counter, and then back on, either in Buy or Build mode, makes the running stop. Having a sim wash her/his hands at either a countertop or pedestal sink causes the sink to stop running, but this is a royal PITA. Both of these are only temporary fixes, of course, so a global mod will be quite helpful.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 09, 20:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have seen inges dripping mod, untill i saw that i wasn't even aware the sinks dripped, making me beleive i may have had this problem for some time, i may only have just started noticeing as i have just been leaving the cheat box open.
But the drip is not the only sound error, theres also one that comes up when i buy something, the "kaching" noise is still there but i get the error anyway... i think its the bit that says something about it being there twice or some such >_< I'm compltely non-program savvy. I have a couple friends for tech support, but it doesn't do many any good with the sims

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 11, 08:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sound errors are there since the Base Game. Same when you load a Neighbohood you get tons of errors about missing Textures, Lodmeshes and so on. Also there are many Audio errors.
 MaxisEA never bothered to fix them because you shold not see them and they dont harm your Gameplay.
 You could only ignore them there is no fix available.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 09:02:41 by Havelock » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 11, 15:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah ..so its only in my game that has no audio for the drippy faucet? As others do have it, i just find it odd that an error in one persons game because of ea isn't in another and can't be fixed with replaceing a file

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 11, 15:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some errors are produced by the non awesome work of the Translators. The German Game had a non working Karaoke Machine because a textlist was translated who should not. The same Game has wrong Jobtitles since OFB and no fix was made by EA. I had to extract the list and fix it myself. The stupid Translator wrote female titles into the male titles list and vice versa. And i got a General called general in the meaning of general Hospital.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 16:04:52 by Havelock » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 12, 00:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, so the translations on a batch can be srewed but not on the next as it was a differant translator maybe? ..eh.. who knows, i've lost all faith in ea as a company ..maxis was a little better ...more annoyances then major issues.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: