More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:33:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't sell my food in my bakery, Please help!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't sell my food in my bakery, Please help!  (Read 8884 times)
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Can't sell my food in my bakery, Please help!
« on: 2007 April 07, 20:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, well, I have not tried to play a bakery since OFB came out so I don't know if this is a new or old issue.  Anywho here is the problem, I bought a small bakery with the food display cases.  First I tried to place the maxis birthday and wedding cakes in the display case but it would not allow me to do it.  So I went to my sims inventory and placed his pies in the cases.  The did go in the cases but when I tried to place them I would get a message that they can not be priced to be sold.  I tried clicking the case and not the food but still no luck.

I can place them on regular shelves but after a few hours the food goes bad.  Any help would be great, I have all eps and stuff packs and I do have a number of hacks.  To many to name but all are fixes, I also have the lot debugger if that helps.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Can't sell my food in my bakery, Please help!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 07, 22:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these pies ones that you've had in your inventory for a while?  I mean before you patched or updated to another EP?
Sometimes (many times) when you patch or install a new EP, the food resets so you can only click to "resume cooking" or "clean up"..
You might want to try baking new ones if you haven't tried that yet.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 07, 23:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are brand new pies that I just made today.  Not even the maxis birthday or wedding cakes will even go on the display case.
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 08, 00:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new celebration cakes (both wedding and birthday) refuse to go on the shelves without move_objects on.  Sad  Stupid EA Maxis. >.<
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 08, 00:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes the refrigerated cases don't work properly if either side of them is touching a wall, so if you have your case(s) in a corner, it/they may not work. Try placing the case(s) in the middle of a wall, so that there are no walls touching the sides of it/them. I hope that made sense.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 08, 00:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah that made sense but I had no walls touching the refrigerated shelves. Sad
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 08, 01:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I placed mine in the middle of the room and it still would not take the maxis cakes nor would it let me set my pies for sale.  I have tried home based buisnesses and community lot, as well as sim owned and non sim owned.  I am at the end of my rope, I just don't get it.
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 08, 01:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried using move_objects on to place them?
What food related mods do you have?
Have you tried moving your downloads out and reloading the game to see if you could place the food?
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 08, 02:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the answer! I think. IWhen I first tried to price the food in the chiller-display, I got the same message. I later realised I had to click-not the pies, but their plates! Or you can just click the chiller-display and price that way Smiley
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 08, 06:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This whole thread makes me think about Weebl and Bob talking about pie.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 08, 08:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've heard elsewhere about the food going bad - I think the solution was to replace the shelves.  They got borked somehow by the installation of the new EP.  Is the environment score really low?  That was an associated symptom.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 08, 13:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember, don't shoot food.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 08, 13:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But what if the food is trying to kill you?   Tongue Shocked

SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 08, 15:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which innocent apple pie do you know of that has tried to kill somebody lately?

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 08, 19:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OBmeme: How do i shot pie?

Smiley

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Shivani
Dimwitted Dunce

Efficiency is intelligent laziness.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 08, 21:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but I am aware of one that tried to lure an innocent young man down the dark road of food debauchery.
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 09, 03:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only food hacks I have is the shut up and eat or talk less eat more, can't remember what it is called.  Plus I have a special hack that gives me more servings per group platter.  I have tried clicking both the plate and the refridgerator shelf but neither works, I have even used the regeister to price but that doesn't work either.

I have not tried the move objects for the maxis cakes because my sims baked goods is what I am really wanting to sell.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 09, 06:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When did you last update your food hacks?  Have you checked to see if there is an updated version for the EPs you are running?

IIRC OFB broke a few food hacks, and I have vague memories of some glitch with bakeries (or maybe just the one in Bluewater?) that was fixed in the OFB patch.

Have you tried doing a search for posts related to your glitch?  There were a few posts about glitched bakeries and also some posts about food hacks no longer working properly post-OFB.

EDIT: I did a quick search on food hacks that serve everyone and OFB.  I found these two posts.  So if your "more servings per group platter" hack is one of these two hacks, try taking it out of your game and see if that helps.

Hi everyone. Smiley I saw someone say that they were curious about Dizzy2's hacks and whether or not they worked with OfB, so I ran them through Pescado's new hackdiff tool (which, might I say, is an awesome tool. Cheesy ) and here's the results:

smart-serve2g.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F033984 0x200F Cook - _Type - Fry/Bake
    B 0x7F3C9675 0x2003 Interaction - Eat - TEST
    B 0x7F7D730B 0x2007 Cook - _Type - TO Bake
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x2006 Function - Init
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x200F Interaction -  Have a Snack - TEST
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x2010 Interaction -  Have a Snack
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x2013 Interaction -  Have a Meal - TEST
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x2014 Interaction -  Serve a Meal - TEST
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x2017 Interaction -  Serve a Meal
    B 0x7F9A5330 0x2021 Interaction -  Have a...

I discontinued serve everyone when I moved here from VS. It never really worked exactly like I wanted it to. I don't even have a copy of it anymore to check it, cause it wasn't backed up anywhere when my hard drives crapped out.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 09, 06:52:51 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 09, 14:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, but I am aware of one that tried to lure an innocent young man down the dark road of food debauchery.
It was a cherry pie and the innocent young man was me! Mwah. [I'm a female, btw]

On topic, have you tried move_objects on with any foods?

wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 09, 16:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Kyna, I never even thought of looking for updates, I guess I just took for granted that they would work.  I will check that out, as for the more servings one, well Numenor at MTS2 made it for me.  I requested it and he did it for me, but I don't think that he has ever released it.  I try taking these two hacks out and see what happens.

SimulatedDork, Thanks for the input but I had stated before I can place my sims crafted food in the refrigerated shelving but I cannont not price it for sale.  I can not place the maxis cakes but I am not concerned with those only my own food.
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 09, 16:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's "dork" in my username for a reason  Cool

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 09, 16:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Each new EP and each patch changes the game, and is guaranteed to break some pre-existing hacks.  Sometimes EPs break custom objects too - Seasons meant that custom fridges needed to be updated.  You should always check to see if your hacks need updating after installing a new EP or patch.

Good modders will usually post which of their hacks still work and which don't within a few days of an EP or patch release, and then follow that up with updated versions of their hacks.  In your case, since this is an unreleased hack that was written for you, I suggest you contact Numenor to see if the hack is still compatible with the EPs you have installed.

My apologies if I'm telling you stuff you already knew.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
wetninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 09, 23:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Kyna, I did most of that just never thought of checking since in the past I never had any issues.  But I thank you so much for your help, you have been so very helpful and I probably wouldn't have connected the dots on this one.  I still have not checked to see if removing these hacks help it has been a busy day in my real life.  but I will post if it doesn't work.  Thanks again!

Edited: I just thought that I would let those of you who helped me know that the issue has been resolved.  I updated all my hacks and removed Numemor's hack and have asked him for an updated version.  I don't know if he will do this for me or not but right now I can sell my baked goods once again.  Thanks again for all your help everyone!
« Last Edit: 2007 April 10, 18:55:03 by wetninja » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: