More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:08:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fish!!!!! and Fridges.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fish!!!!! and Fridges.  (Read 4030 times)
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Fish!!!!! and Fridges.
« on: 2007 April 10, 21:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i know this sounds really dumb .... but anyone know of any hacks that can tell me how many fish are in the fridge??

i know its a silly thing but its bugging me, i have to keep the fish in my inventory because otherwise i end up losing track of how many are in there and i end up having 600 fish sitting in the fridge i could have sold for money.

Keeping them in my inventory is a pain because i want the whole household to have access to them. The game must record how many fish are in the fridge and what types otherwise it wouldn't know when its run out.

It seems silly they didn't add it to the "check food supply's" in the first place... if i want to know how much food is in there, of course i want to include fish ... gah!!!!!

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Fish!!!!! and Fridges.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 10, 21:10:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't fish become "fresh points" when added to a fridge?
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 10, 21:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope ... you can add as many fish as you like and "fresh food" remains 0. 
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 10, 22:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought they'd turn into food points too, why else wouldn't you be able to remove them?  Shocked

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 10, 22:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you cook fish it has the "sparklies" that indicates it's fresh food, but it doesn't add to your freshfood.

Although you could distribute the fish among your family's inventories.  Or you could give it as a gift.  What sim would like a dead fish all wrapped up in a pretty box
halfeatencorpse
Asinine Airhead

elusive nose goblin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 10, 23:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, the whole roach motelesque fridge stocking logic perplexes me.  Last I checked, if I put a tomato in my refrigerator, I could take it back out if I needed and/or wanted it.  Unfortunately, I fail to understand what sort of strange molecular processes occur when Sims put fresh food and fish into their fridges that then, somehow, not only make the items unretrievable, but also make it possible to turn cucumbers into macaroni & cheese.  

Being able to check fish supplies would come in handy though, as would being able to use the refrigerator to store fresh food for non-cooking related uses (gifts, sale, juice) rather than having to keep everything in a Sim's inventory.  

in•ter•net n. A villainous system composed of networks, computers and protocol, chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 10, 23:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you chop up the tomatoes and incorporate it IN your macaroni and cheese.  Doncha have any cooking skills?  Tongue
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 11, 01:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely. I put pole beans and strawberries in my macaroni and cheese every day, or every day I have macaroni and cheese which must be everyday.

Unsouper
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 11, 03:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect that the reason fish don't become magical "freshness points" when put in the fridge is because, unlike tomatoes and pole beans, they have new meals associated with them.

The bass become "Bass with Squash", the catfish is "Blackened Catfish" and the trout is... uh... something trouty. You can only make a fish dish when you have some fish available, and when you make a fish dish only the fish is removed, rather than a fish plus food points or fresh food points.

I don't put that much effort into stocking the fridge with food so this hasn't bothered me much. Instead of paying attention to food stock I pay attention to the leftovers in there... if there's only a plate or three left and a sim with cooking skills has a couple "hours" of free time, I have them serve a meal or two, take all the plates and put them in the fridge for everyone else to eat. If there's fish around, yay!, I use it. If not, oh well, mac and cheese with strawberries it is. Wink

If you really needed to know how many fish were in there... maybe use them all up so you know you start at 0, then after that ONLY restock in groups of say, 10 fish... then don't let yourself restock again until you can't make the "Blackened Catfish" anymore and then you know you have 0 again. You would always know you have between 0 and 10 fish, which would keep you from overstocking, but you might find yourself out of fish again at an inconvenient time so I dunno how much that would bug you.
halfeatencorpse
Asinine Airhead

elusive nose goblin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 11, 04:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because you chop up the tomatoes and incorporate it IN your macaroni and cheese.  Doncha have any cooking skills?  Tongue

Heh.  My cooking skills don't seem to be the problem.  After all, anyone who can transform peppers into cereal must be a culinary genius.  My problem appears to reside in the logic arena because no matter how many points I accumulate, I never seem to have enough to understand Maxis.

in•ter•net n. A villainous system composed of networks, computers and protocol, chiefly used to facilitate the infection of idiocy and promote intellectual crime.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: