More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:35:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons Bookcase question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons Bookcase question  (Read 7662 times)
CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Seasons Bookcase question
« on: 2007 April 04, 15:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or is anyone else finding issues with this bookcase?  My sims will drop given Queues if they were at all autonomously about to read/write in diary using said bookcase.  I also find an order given imediately after are also being dropped and need to be given 2-3 times before taking.  I do love the idea of super fast skilling but the a.d.d affect and apparent addictiveness of stupidly writing that they have yet to accomplish anything truely awesome in theire diary's has lead to a death or two.  Which of course has solved nothing but, ....

I digress, and ask once again is it just me and my game that is fracked or is it everyone has to put up with this behavior?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Seasons Bookcase question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 04, 16:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you only have the Education bookcase on the lots in question, or do you have a secondary vanilla one? My sims always go to the vanilla one to write about the teddy bears they never had and that guy they saw 16 years ago, didn't talk to, but apparently are obsessed with.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 04, 16:49:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims are dropping Queues anyway, right and left, no matter what their action is supposed to be. So it may just be seasons you are experianceing and something you can't do anything about if you play freewill and don't use somekind of micro manager.
I think it may have something to do with how sims are now supposed to be more inclined to do certain activities because of what the weather is or go cool themsleves off or some such...they may have over tweaked it and its now giving the rest of us a headache from having to constantly move between sims to make sure they realy are doing what they're supposed to. They dump activities they should be quite happy to do for as long as they're mood stays up. I even tested this by keeping needs up, and they dump anyway, and then go do something that they realy don't need right now, cooking when they're only half empty and their bladder is in desperation that sortathing

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 04, 16:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On most lots I now only have the education one as it is supposedly 5x faster skill building in a room with 4 journalism rewards.  I have found this behavior though also happens with no journalism rewards too, and Dark Vu a uni student missed his Uni exam in favor of picking up a book.  The idiot was to inherit the family fortune.  I think though his sister will be end up with it and he will be finding himself with an unfortunate accident.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 04, 17:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The extra-skill-studying from the Edumacation bookcase has a bug in it which causes obnoxious ADHD effects when using it. The Skillinator incorporates a workaround for this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 04, 20:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The education bookcase is so frighteningly powerful it's almost no fun anymore.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 04, 23:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The education bookcase is so frighteningly powerful it's almost no fun anymore.

I agree, it is overpowered.  I was wondering if I should find a modder who does requests and request a less powerful version.  It's 5 times as fast as ordinary skilling, making it more powerful than every other career reward, with the exception of a smartmilked kid training on the military reward with an instructor (if I understood the thread in the warroom correctly).

I'd like to see it changed so that it is not as fast as being instructed on other career rewards.  Right now, most of the other career rewards are useless dust-collectors if there's an education bookcase on the lot.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 05, 04:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just useful for legacy points if you're still trying to keep your attention on that thing like I am. I'm actually not letting any of my sims go Edumacation unless they have that LTW and then only getting the bookshelf after they've maxxed the career.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 05, 05:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree it's overpowered.  A smart-milked brat on the edumacation bookcase along with several journalism career rewards in the room and you have a child who is happy, refreshed and fully versed in the 7 basic skills before the bus shows up the next morning.  The range of the journalism career reward along with it's stackability on the affects has nuked out any need for caffeination or maxis plantlife.

The skillinator helps to keep them actually studying but not from the incessant need to read a book or write in theire diary's.  Forcing you to be even more heavy handed with the macrotastics or completely removing the object. 
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 05, 08:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just useful for legacy points if you're still trying to keep your attention on that thing like I am. I'm actually not letting any of my sims go Edumacation unless they have that LTW and then only getting the bookshelf after they've maxxed the career.

In my current Legacy, the founder's spouse had the Education LTW.  I'm considering sticking it in someone's inventory, even if just during autumn.  Autumn + smart milk + education bookcase is way too much.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 05, 08:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too much of a good thing....is an AWESOME thing!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 06, 20:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my current Legacy, the founder's spouse had the Education LTW.  I'm considering sticking it in someone's inventory, even if just during autumn.  Autumn + smart milk + education bookcase is way too much.

How in the world do you have the toddlers use the bookcase....... Grin
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 06, 20:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How in the world do you have the toddlers use the bookcase....... Grin
The smart milk attribute often "sticks", so the effect can persist until the Sim reaches University. It gets removed with errors and patch installs, but you can use the Lot Debugger to restore the attribute.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 07, 06:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, if you keep feeding the todler smartmilk, say 2 or 3 reels of it, then the todler will not only be smart, but be supersmart. And that can stick as well. 
A regular sim has an iq of 100.
A nuked todler has an iq of 300.
A supernuked todler can have an IQ of over 500...

Combine with the seasons bookcase, and hey presto, you got all 7 skills maxed before your even transitioning to a teen...

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 07, 07:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, if you keep feeding the todler smartmilk, say 2 or 3 reels of it, then the todler will not only be smart, but be supersmart. And that can stick as well. 
A regular sim has an iq of 100.
A nuked todler has an iq of 300.
A supernuked todler can have an IQ of over 500...

Combine with the seasons bookcase, and hey presto, you got all 7 skills maxed before your even transitioning to a teen...

Or even before their first day of school, if they transition to child on a Friday or Saturday night.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 07, 08:17:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a child who maxed all skills well within 48 hours of growing into a child, and this is turning into a rule rather than an exception.
Pescado's baby controller usually leaves them with an IQ a little above 500.  They max out Logic, Charisma and sometimes Creativity, wile still toddlers.  If they have time to spare I let them play with the baby mirror from MTS2 (it gives body skill, and seems a bit illogical to me, so I only let them have it if they've maxed everything else; then they deserve it).  I timed a child skillinating cooking; she grew up at six, walked calmly to the bookcase and started reading, and maxed the skill by ten o'clock.
If everything fits; they grow into a child on a Friday, right after an afternoon nap so they're well rested, it shouldn't take more than a day to max all skills.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sisaly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 07, 17:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh....it was a slight joke, but some of that stuff I didn't know. Super smart.......huhh.

Can someone piont me in the right direction for learning how to debug?? I've read about it, but never played around with it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 07, 21:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do a search on boolprop testingcheatsenabled true

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 09, 21:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debug mode is boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.  As a general warning, read up on it before using it.

The lot debugger is down in the firing range.  I have a hard time understanding how one can be a MATY-ite without being familiar with it, but that's the one that can make sims smart or stupid.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: