More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:30:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 217088 times)
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #550 on: 2005 September 12, 17:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kitiara, you can actually sleep through a gallstone attack? Wow! Good for you!

The first one, no. Hell no. I had to be taken to the ER. I have never felt such pain in my life (and the nausea...). But, then I was put on a VERY strict diet, and given 5 hydrocodon for "last resorts". The five pills lasted 6 months due to careful stretching. I still have occasional attacks, but are minor compared to what it was like in the beginning. And, since I am so very familiar with the symptoms, I can usually see the bad part coming far enough in advance to zonk myself out early.

By the way, I never understood why bananas were on my list of foods not to eat. Huh

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2005 September 12, 17:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bananas are high in potassium.....could it be that?  Huh
Danni
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: 2005 September 12, 17:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My very first gallstone attack my mother told me to shut up (I was screaming in pain) and that it was just trapped wind. I was vomiting and it lasted about 3 hours. She was living in MY house, and has had her gallbladder out so she should have recognised the symptoms. I didn't see a doctor for months because I thought nothing could be done for trapped wind! When I did see my GP he sent me straight to hospital and I was in for a few days, and I was given strict instructions to go back if I was nauseaous, had a high temperature, or if the pain was unbearable after taking tramadol (normally all three at the same time Tongue). So began my to-ing and fro-ing from A&E...

My diet was already low fat, and what I ate made absolutely no difference to the amount of attacks I was having, so they just told me to continue doing what I was doing.

I like to be able to read people's posts.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2005 September 13, 15:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mom had her gallbladder out and since then, anytime someone gets a bad stomachache, it's gotta be their gallbladder. Happened to me, and my mom dragged me out of the house and to the emergency room, with me protesting the entire way that it was not my gallbladder and please take me home. Turns out I was right. It was my appendix. Tongue

Have to comment on the conversation earlier in the thread. I can't listen to (or read) debates on depression or ritalin use without jumping in. And JM, I'm ignoring you again,  Grin. First off, I've mentioned before on this forum that I have been diagnosed with depression. Dysthymia (did I spell that right, Veilchen?) with recurring major depression. When I first was diagnosed, I'd never heard of depression as a mental illness before. Depression was just "being sad" about a break-up or something. In fact, I hate that the illness is called "depression", because that's what puts the idea in peoples' heads that it is something that can be cured by just "getting over it". It doesn't help that now everybody and his brother are now diagnosed with some form of depression or other psychological disorder. That, of course, leads to the over-prescribing of medications, which leads to those "diagnosed" believing that the drugs do more harm than good because of side effects, or effects caused because they never needed the medication in the first place. Add to that the drug companies pushing their pills, and you have the recipe for a whole lot of cynical people. But for the people who really are suffering, the drugs can be, quite literally, a life saver. I had to go through many cocktails of prescriptions before finally hitting the right combination. I feel pretty good these days. I do not feel "high". I feel normal. That's all I wanted. I've been on antidepressants that caused me to become hypomanic, and obviously those weren't the right ones for me. And JM, I was well aware of the fact that I had a chemical imbalance, but there's no logic to your belief that since you know what it is you can ignore it. That makes as much sense as telling someone who has appendicitis that since they know what it is they can just ignore it. Or diabetes. Or a broken leg. You can't ignore it. Maybe some people with a less severe version can get through their days okay and function pretty much normally, but in severe cases they can't. And, unless you've actually experienced severe, major depression, there really is no way to describe what it's like. Same with panic attacks. Panic attacks can have symptoms others can see, yet there still is a lot of skepticism about that, too. People can get so judgemental about psychiatric disorders.
Now for the drugging of children. It's ridiculously widespread and unnecessary. Even dangerous. My mom has a friend who is a teacher, and she (my mother) could not believe it when her friend told her that she hadactually  suggested to parents to look into medicating their child for hyperactivity. That's medicating the child for the teacher's convenience. Sick, sick, sick. I've talked about my son with asperger's syndrome before, and he is on medication. He's on Risperdal, Luvox and Clonidine. It was a last resort for me to go that route, but I'm glad I did. We tried diet modification, therapy, special schools, but his hyperactivity was out of control. When he got hyperactive, it wasn't a playful hyperactive. He had violent rages. I was in the grocery store and he took off while I was in line at the register. I finally tracked him down with the help of store managers, and it was all I could do to hold onto him. I literally dragged him to the car with his teeth imbedded in my wrist. I still have a pretty deep scar. He tore my sweater, pulled my hair out, and I had people running across the parking lot to me with cellphones. One lady offered to call the police. Another lady followed me home to make sure I got there okay. He tried to stab me with scissors when we got home, and he tried to strangle my husband during another episode. We have holes in our walls, doors, screens from him kicking them. He ran away from home and was gone for two hours. We had the police on the scene who were getting the search and rescue team ready, my neighbor was on the phone to FOX news and we were scanning pictures in for broadcast. A lady found him asleep in a ditch on the side of the road 3 miles from our house at 9:45 that night. He was seriously in danger of hurting not just others, but himself. When he'd rage like that, he had no awareness of pain. And he had unbelievable strength. Discipline? Yes, we disciplined. My husband and I spanked him on occasion, took away various privileges, the normal disciplinary actions. It would always end up with the two of us straddling Jamie on the floor to keep him from hurting someone or himself. After the grocery store incident, we admitted him to a rehab/mental health hospital for observation. He was put on medication, and since then, except for when he hits a growth spurt and needs to adjust the dosage to his new weight, he's been relatively melt-down free. The weird thing is that when he was not in a rage, he was the sweetest, nicest kid. You would never have guessed he had this Jekyll/Hyde thing. Poor child still has OCD, and it distresses him. He has bad ticks, obsessive thoughts, and he'll develop other symptoms like having to touch everything and everyone around him as he walks. For a while, he had a problem with screaming. He'd just let out one scream, at random, and it was keeping him awake at night. He would cry over his frustration with that. He was afraid to go anywhere for fear of screaming in public.
Anyway, I just wanted to give my opinions on those matters. It's hurts to bite my tongue.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2005 September 13, 17:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Zeph, don't mean to sound like a smartarse, and I just do that, go off on describing drugs etc as I work with so many of the damn things.  Tongue

As for doctors, I've come to the conclusion that the "General" part of their title means exactly that and that most of 'em know jack. I base this observation on a number of misdiagnoses I am aware off, not least my brother who was told he had a slipped disc. The slipped disc turned out to be advanced secondaries of the spine and liver and he lived for a fortnight. So go rattle some damn cages cos the bleeders never listen unless you're shouting in their faces.

Brynne: Your son sounds like so many of the kids I work with. ASD is a nightmare to live with, and those extremes of violent behaviour are really common. A young man I had as a service user attacked and injured 17 times in the space of 3 months, causing such issues as difficulty to place in any care setting. He is a danger to the public also and has to have 4 staff in attendance at all times. Even the drugs don't seem to be working as he's a big lad and the dose he needs is massive. He is, off course, on a psychotropic drug with a sedative "to calm him down" when he's in a frenzy. Trouble is you can't get close enough to medicate him when he's off on one.

As for gallbladders, I'm just glad mine was whipped out.  Cheesy

Meh...
JavaChild
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2005 September 14, 03:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kitiara: I know it must be near impossible with no insurance, but can I kindly suggest that you get that gall bladder of yours removed as soon as possible? I left mine for over ten years... Became a strict vegan in the process and the dietary restrictions helped immensely for quite a while. Then, my body just decided enough was enough and suddenly turned on me. By the end, a mere glass of water would send me into a full blown - and most excruciating - attack. Apparently because I left it for so damn long, the surgery also took me FOREVER to recover from and came damn near to killing me too - Whereas my friends and family that had it done in a more "timely fashion" just bounced back like nothing. Again, I know the lack of insurance is making it more than difficult at the moment but I'm hoping you'll get something by the time you start approaching the ten year mark. I just couldn't stand the thought of anyone else having to endure what I did.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2005 September 14, 04:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I am currently nearing the 4 year mark (around Thanksgiving). I am currently seeking employment (was not possible, or rather practical, previously) and hope that insurance, and doctor's visits will follow soon after. I have a few other ailments that should be checked regularly as well. I do realize I am a ticking time bomb. I will take care of it as soon as I can.
Thank you for your concern and much appreciated advice.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: