More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:52:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You  (Read 372440 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You
« Reply #25 on: 2009 April 13, 04:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M&G is AL-engine.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JCSpencer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 May 29, 19:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Went through it again and this time I figured out that interactwogreet.package seems to be part of the problem.  With all the other hacks plus that one, it crashes.  With all the other hacks except that one, it does not crash.  With only that hack, it does not crash.  So it's conflicting with... something.

Searched this site for "interactwogreet" and couldn't find where anyone else had this problem.  Same with Google.

So, it's not really a huge horrible thing, just annoying.

I'm having the same problem. I had to remove interactwogreet.package after narrowing my crashes down to that one. I am running all EPs and SPs except the holiday pack, and have had nary a problem with any of your other awesomeness. I have all the updated shininess from the AL directory (including the DC goodies).
funnykid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 May 31, 23:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Noob here.

If I have all EP's. Should I download simply the AL version to cover all EP's or should I download all of the Director's Cuts?
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2009 May 31, 23:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Noob here.

If I have all EP's. Should I download simply the AL version to cover all EP's or should I download all of the Director's Cuts?
You only need to download one version, and it's the version for whatever the most recent expansion pack you have is. So in this case, just the AL version.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Mindy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 April 07, 04:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused (more than usual).  Someone on here told me that if I have FT that I should download that version. I have Apartment Life also, all ep's.  So which one should I load? In light of the above question I am quite unsure.

Thank you in advance

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 April 07, 04:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like Jack Rudd said, the version needed is the one for the most recent expansion pack you have.  AL is the most recent (Actually, M&G, if there's a version for that), not FT.
Mindy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 April 07, 16:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you muchly for clarifying!  Off to work..
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 April 08, 17:46:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a strange bug with antipeeobsession-file. My sims were unable to read magazines bought from magazine racks as well as FT-hobby magazines. I removed all other files from my downloads except hacks and started to exclude them one by one. When I removed this file, the problem disappeared. I ran the game with only this in my downloads and same bug came back. Just to let you know...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 April 09, 00:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How baffling. I haven't noticed this and can't see why it would be related. What do you mean by "unable to read"? What happens when you try? Does an error occur?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 April 09, 10:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean that sim takes a magazine, sits down, opens it and immediately after two seconds closes it and puts it to a counter/table/floor. I didn't see either that how this hack could be related to that  Shocked Strange mystery... I play all the time with testingcheats on, it doesn't give an actual error, the interaction just cancels by itself. Anyway, after I removed the file everything works just like it should. Too bad though  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 April 10, 13:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure they're not stopping because their interest level in that magazine is maxed out?

Maranatah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 April 10, 17:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, the interest level was low at the time. It happened with hobby magazines too. But since it's not doing that with anyone else, I guess it's just an exclusive bug in my game. Anyway, thanks for your time JM! Off to lurk some moar Cool
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2011 February 20, 18:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a Director's Cut for base-game-only?

Officially Weird
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011 February 21, 01:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really. Base game is so horribly crippled that there's no sane reason anyone would do that. Upgrade your engine. However, most Uni items work for base game.

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011 February 21, 01:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, that's exactly why I'm playing it. Things are just so easy with all the EPs.

I'll have to do trial-and-error with the Uni stuff, I guess.

Officially Weird
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2011 February 21, 06:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could just install NL (which I kind of remember Pes saying will upgrade your engine to be Awesomeware-compatible) and nothing else, and simply not use any features from NL you think make it too easy.  NL doesn't even get you any real bonuses if you ignore the vampires and dates, does it?  There are plenty of things I specifically avoid using in the game because they make it too easy - it is not that hard.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011 February 21, 14:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want the "simplified" game, it is best to achieve this by installing one of the later non-MGS stuffpacks. (If you install MGS, you need to install AL). Then you will get the benefits of an upgraded engine, but with no new "features". I would recommend not-merely-NL, because the NL engine is horribly buggy.

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011 February 22, 20:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. So if I have IKEA stuff, then what EP would that be with regards to which hacks I can use?

Officially Weird
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 February 23, 08:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. So if I have IKEA stuff, then what EP would that be with regards to which hacks I can use?
If it runs its own executable, then it should match the previous expansion. If it runs the executable of another expansion, then it matches that one.

Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 February 23, 16:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the list of EPs associated with each SP:
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=1228.0

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011 October 25, 10:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume the 'RTFM' is search moar until I get all the info of what these do?
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011 October 25, 14:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well considering RTFM means Read The Fucking Manual, perhaps you should READ THE FUCKING MANUAL.  Just a thought.

ETA: Since Pes is all about bursting my balloon of grump, each individual hack .zip does have its own manual.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 25, 14:31:29 by Bliss » Logged

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011 October 25, 14:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Director's Cut doesn't actually come with a manual, it's just a big giant wad of all the stuff in the main directory and each of those individual manuals. But as a rule, Awesomeware Is Good.

ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011 October 25, 14:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Director's Cut doesn't actually come with a manual, it's just a big giant wad of all the stuff in the main directory and each of those individual manuals. But as a rule, Awesomeware Is Good.

Yep. These fixed the game up a shitload and fixed that problem with interactions I had too.

Well considering RTFM means Read The Fucking Manual, perhaps you should READ THE FUCKING MANUAL.  Just a thought.

ETA: Since Pes is all about bursting my balloon of grump, each individual hack .zip does have its own manual.

Seeing as those .zips have NO FUCKING MANUAL in them, it's kinda hard to. So I searched for descriptions for what all the mods do. Amazing what logic does, right? I found out everything I needed to know before you came along with your oh so helpful advice.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011 October 25, 18:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I specified that the original zips have manuals, because fucking surprise, THEY DO.  Just not when they are all bundled up in the directors cut. 

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: