More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 03:19:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Updated Hack Descriptions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Updated Hack Descriptions  (Read 90491 times)
Blushing Rose
Asinine Airhead

INFJ--it's fun living in Fantasyland :)

View Profile
Updated Hack Descriptions
« on: 2009 February 15, 18:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I had to do a complete reformatting of my hard drive (don't ask  Angry ), I needed to reinstall my AL DC, so I went hunting for an updated RATFM.  And 'cause I'm a reasonably nice person and I went to a lot of work to put this together, I thought I might as well share.  If it's helpful to anyone else to use, great.  If not, the mods can delete it and it won't hurt my feelings one bit.

Please note a few things:
1.  To save space (and because I own all the EPs and SPs and didn't really plan on sharing this file when I started), I took out the verbage that talks about compatibility.  So if you don't have all the EPs and SPs and you have a question about whether the mod will work in your game, please go look it up.  Don't ask me, 'cause I don't know and I'm not looking it up for you.
2.  All I did to create this file was to take the existing FT_RATFM file, remove all the dead mods and add in the new ones.  So excepting the verbage on the mods I added, I take no credit or blame for work that was already done.
3.  All the descriptions I used for the updated mods came directly from the forum (yes, "Search" is your friend!).
4.  I took out the language that indicated the mod was a "DC exclusive", because this is labeled as the RATFM for the DC file (duh!).

Go ye and download if you wish Smiley

* AL RATFM--DC.rar (50.61 KB - downloaded 15289 times.)

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough they're yours.       --Richard Bach
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Updated Hack Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: 2009 February 15, 19:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The old thread can be found here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2086.0.html

GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
What is this?
« Reply #2 on: 2009 February 22, 23:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hiya guys. I've come back to the game, and to the community after being on hiatus for over a year. Anyway, I made a real bobo the other day, and uninstalled AL because the game wouldn't start up for me, and in the proccess my entire, unbackupped downloads folder.

I simply don't have time to chase all hacks individually for instance, as I want to get on plying. Therefor I just grabbed Pesky's Directors Cut.zip to save me some time, as I don't dare to start the game without his fixes.

Anyway, in it I found some hacks with names that sounds totally unfamiliar to me, and I'm not sure I wanna use them without knowing what they do. Pesky and I may have different opinions about what is annoying, and they may kill a feature I like. So I hope you guys can help tell me what those hacks o, cause I can't find any info on them on this site. Smiley

antiflycatching.package
antivisitcampus.package
rpshack.package
shoonobreakgroup.package
skillinator.package

Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck!
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Re: What is this?
« Reply #3 on: 2009 February 22, 23:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They may be explained on MATY Wikka.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 February 22, 23:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They may be explained on MATY Wikka.
Like I said, it's been over a year since I was active in the community. What the heck is MATY Wikka? Googeling it just gives nonsens hits. Sad

Tsarina
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 February 22, 23:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Behold!

INEPT INTP
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 February 22, 23:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rpshack.package - fixes Rock Paper Scissors so that it can be beneficial instead of stupid
shoonobreakgroup.package - you can shoo people on an outing without ending it
skillinator.package - Are you serious? Provides macrotastics support for skills. Very Shiny.
GoddessByline
Blathering Buffoon

They're everywhere!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 February 23, 10:59:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Kutto. Smiley
And no, I was serious, I have no idea wha the skillinator is. I'm sure it's most awesome and shiny, but I never heard of it before, probably because I never had any need. Cheesy

And a big thank you to RoseAnn... This is the handiest document I've seen in a long time.
« Last Edit: 2009 February 23, 11:09:57 by GoddessByline » Logged

Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 February 27, 03:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ditto. It's very useful.

Does there exist somewhere a document with a list of hacks that are outdated for each EP? They can cause problems and a checklist could help.

Officially Weird
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 February 27, 04:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, those are listed here. Click on each ep link and look for Obsolete.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 March 05, 04:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Director's Cut normally excludes all the obsolete files. The obsolete files are those which have been superceded by an official patch, but are kept around for those people who for some bizarre reason don't want to use it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 March 05, 04:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Debugger never needs any obsolete files. However, some people, for various reasons, don't WANT to install the patches, so the obsoletes are kept around for those weirdos. Anyone running a more recent expansion or having the latest patches never needs any obsolete file, unless they just want to look at them for learnings. Sometimes people download mods not to actually use them, but just to take them apart for their learnings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 March 05, 05:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy not! Do, or do not! There is no buy!

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 March 07, 08:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in America, there's ONLY buy..  Kiss

Really?  Are you sure about that?  Because I know Americans who have ARR-quired the game.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2009 March 20, 05:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This document only describes antivisitcampus in the most general (i.e. it does what the filename says) terms. Is this a mod that keeps non-YAs from showing up on campus autonomously, so comm lots on campus aren't full of non-students, and mom and dad don't walk by the dorm? (Actually, I'd expect the local walkbys mod to do the latter already, but.) Or does it do something else or something in addition to that?

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 March 20, 08:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ IIRC it prevents Greek House members to Visit Campus (essentially disappearing, having their needs replenished and occasionally bringing back pizzas and other crap)

Dive in!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 March 20, 14:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be sure, I base my assumptions on the rush to keep "capitalism" afloat (with bailouts, and the like) but I digress...
Except keeping "capitalism" afloat with bailouts is actually COMMUNISM, yes.

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2009 March 20, 17:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that makes more sense for several reasons. Danke.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 March 21, 15:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elsewise, it's called "buying toxic assets to keep the economy afloat".
More like "the state buying up private business".

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 April 07, 08:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bvchildanimfix:
I don't have BV but did, eh, acquire FT.  Do I assume the animations are also/still busted in FT since this is in the FT pack?
Yes, it apparently is still broken in FT.

ditto the orchardtreefix, assuming Orchard trees came with Seasons (which I also acquired).
Yes.

It's described as fixing a break introduced by Pets.  Well, I don't have Pets (nor do I want them) but I do have and use the Businesses in OFB.  Is this one of those cases where it won't hurt anything to have it in and/or will harderjobs & OFBfixes suffice?  (Well, I don't use harderjobs, but still...)
Jobfixes covers brokenness in jobs that persists to this day, hence why the "pets" label was removed.

antivacationactions, bedsidefix, and vacationfixes
If you don't have BV, you don't need to worry about antivacationactions, but other fixes are still in there. It does not hurt to install the fixes, as if you have a more recent expansion, the code is still THERE.

snapdragonpets:
I can't find a rtfm for this, but the description in the doc from the OP suggests this is only applicable if I have the Pets EP?
Well, it doesn't do anything useful if you don't.

uni_ltws_sns:
Is stated to work with Uni+Seasons "only".  Reading that literally, as I tend to do, why is it in the FT folder?  Or, what does this do that the ffsdebugger can't?
RTFM is old, works with anything Seasons+.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: