More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:32:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You  (Read 372415 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You
« on: 2005 July 15, 03:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The compilation of the collection of everything I use, guaranteed not to make your game explode in a big fiery ball visible from space unless you have somebody else's hacks conflicting, because MY game hasn't exploded in a big fiery ball visible from space.

AL:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

FT:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

BV:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

SEASONS:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

PETS:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

OFB:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

NL:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY

UNI:
moreawesomethanyou.zip
DIRECTORY
« Last Edit: 2008 August 31, 14:40:54 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PanSola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: FFS Director's Cut: More Awesome Than You
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 17, 01:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I've noticed the Director's Cut is not a strict subset of the "All Hacks".

There are stuff in the director's cut that are not in the "all hacks", and vice versa too, unless the zip file name in the All Hacks directory differ from the .package name in the director's cut.  I haven't got time to check indepth.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 17, 01:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All Hacks comprises everything that has been released as a standalone hack. The Director's Cut comprises everything that I, the Director, personally use in my game. This includes a few obscure, unreleased extras, as befits any Director's Cut.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 19, 02:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these hacks compatible with InTeenimater and InSIMenator?  I had both installed and everything was fine, but then when I installed these hacks and tried to play the game would crash after I went into a house.  It didn't matter if I disabled the custom content, still crashed.  But when I removed all my hacks from the downloads folder the game worked fine.  It could have been something else I had installed besides InTeen or InSIM; I also had a couple of hacks from Marhis, but I was pretty sure they wouldn't conflict.  I could be wrong.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 19, 03:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are InTeenified versions of Pescado's hacks, I presume they're now at www.Simbology.com.  InTeen conflicts with just about everything, since it does quite a lot of things.  It hasn't been updated for AL.  If you're using AL or M&G, don't use InTeen.

InSim was updated for AL, but it wasn't beta tested in the way that earlier versions of InSim were, and the absence of Eric after he released the AL version suggests that it was unsupported from the moment he uploaded it (i.e. so no bug fixes for the AL version).  I don't expect a version of InSim will be released for M&G.  You'd be better off getting TwoJeffs' SimBlender, available at Simbology.  It has most of the InSim functions and is supported.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 19, 14:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^Well, thats not quit right.
Cause InTeen was updated to AL/M&G by MadCat256  and is now betatesting.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 19, 16:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the correction, Pandaah.  I wasn't aware it was being updated as I haven't visited Simbology recently, and I usually ignore the kitten killer section when I do go there.

I expect that it will still conflict with just about every other hack in existence, and Pescado mods that were Inteenimated may need updating.  Has Jordi said whether he will be updating his Inteenimated versions of Pescado mods?  I note that his Inteenimated versions of Pescado mods were all uploaded to Simbology before AL's release and haven't been updated since, so there may be some that aren't compatible with AL.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 19, 16:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has Jordi said whether he will be updating his Inteenimated versions of Pescado mods?
Jordi has retired from TS2 modding. I don't know if someone else has taken over updating them or not.

Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 19, 20:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the moment- nobody. But if I remember correctly MadCat said something in this regard...
Oh and there is a discussion over there to make the InTeen after the betatest to conflict lesser with other mods.

(Fake) Edit: They released a hidden flavour pack (made by Jase!) thats prevents the kitten to die with the "kitten killler". So this name would be obsolet.
sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 19, 21:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info!  I'm only running Uni and NL, never bought any more expansions.  I'll probably try getting rid of InTeen and just using these hacks instead.  I'm not sure if I read correctly... Does InSIM by itself conflict with these hacks?  Sorry if my questions are dumb, but I'm not Sim-tech savvy!  Embarrassed
Pandaah
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 19, 21:38:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The older Insim versions probably not.
sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 19, 21:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  I'll do some more "diagnostic testing" tonight and see which other hacks I have work with these.  Thank you!
Sette
Asinine Airhead

AKA Skankmelon AKA jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 19, 21:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info!  I'm only running Uni and NL, never bought any more expansions.  I'll probably try getting rid of InTeen and just using these hacks instead.  I'm not sure if I read correctly... Does InSIM by itself conflict with these hacks?  Sorry if my questions are dumb, but I'm not Sim-tech savvy!  Embarrassed
I don't know if there ARE conflicts between InSim and FFS hacks, but since I now have an Awesome Sims2 game, I rarely need InSim and only put it into my CC when I know I'll need a feature that can't be done using an Awesome hack or cheat code.  Thus, I've never searched for the answer.

Read more.  For a week at least.  Read entire threads, warts and all.  I read for a week or two, asked a question(Have I asked a second one?), and then continued to read.  I've found 99% of my questions have already been asked, answered, and fixed.

My recommendation is this, go all out and build an Awesome Sims2 game using clean templates and nothing but Awesome hacks.  The instructions are all on site.

After you've successfully installed and played your fixed, bug-free, fully patched Awesome Sims2 game, and it's not acting quirky, put InSim back and see what happens.
sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 19, 22:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sette - Thank you for the advice and recommendations, I appreciate it!  Smiley
sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 20, 01:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I'm at a loss right now.  I took out all my hacks.  Then I installed only the Director's Cut for NL.  It crashed.  So I tried that binary thing to see if I could figure out which hack was making it crash, but I couldn't narrow it down to one.  I had to have done something wrong, but I have no idea what since all these hacks are supposed to work together with no problems.
sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 20, 03:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Went through it again and this time I figured out that interactwogreet.package seems to be part of the problem.  With all the other hacks plus that one, it crashes.  With all the other hacks except that one, it does not crash.  With only that hack, it does not crash.  So it's conflicting with... something.

Searched this site for "interactwogreet" and couldn't find where anyone else had this problem.  Same with Google.

So, it's not really a huge horrible thing, just annoying.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 20, 13:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argh, another mystery NL crash. I fucking hate NL, it's a buggy piece of shit.

sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 20, 16:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, don't worry, soon we'lll have Sims 3!  More complicated buggy pieces of shit to deal with then.  Of course I'm absolutely still buying it when it comes out; I don't think I could stop myself...  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 20, 17:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it still crash even if you have nl-anticrash from the NL DC?

sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 December 20, 18:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, yes, it does.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 December 22, 07:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even the new version?

sotadragon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 December 23, 00:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the one that's posted in this thread?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 December 23, 04:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I uploaded it shortly afterwards, so make sure you're using the latest.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 February 01, 23:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An update was posted today about the FFS Debugger.  So i updated and now i'm getting errors while clicking on the Debugger in debug mode.
   Log Attached.
  I have Univ, NL, OFB, Seasons and FFS.

[attachment deleted by admin]

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 April 12, 23:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Over in the Podium, M&G involving engine upgrades was mentioned. Does that call for upgrades to any of the hacks?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: