More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:54:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Alexandra O'Mackey can't clean up dishes?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alexandra O'Mackey can't clean up dishes?  (Read 4148 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Alexandra O'Mackey can't clean up dishes?
« on: 2007 April 07, 16:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have moved Alexandra into the lot where Patricia and Cleo lived, and she was able to clear her own plates at the time, now for some reason, there is no option when I hover my mouse over the plates.  I moved in David Ottomas and he can clear the plates no problem.  I have the ffs lot debugger in my game and used that to see if there were any errors or "fix" options, but none showed up.

I only have the base game and Seasons, most of my hacks are from the Director's Cut and a couple of others I have used in Seasons for a while now.  If you need a list, I can provide that if necessary.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, thanks!  Smiley
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Alexandra O'Mackey can't clean up dishes?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 07, 17:39:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have experienced occasional bouts of "can't clean up the dishes" ever since the original game (Lazlo Curious was the first "victim"). I don't know what causes it - I have very little custom content, and only 4 hacks (and all 4 are of the Awesome variety).  Usually someone else in the house can clean up, so I leave it to them and the maid. In once case it happened to both residents of the house simultaneously.  It was post-OFB, so I bought a clean-bot and would manually place the dishes on the floor and let the bot get them, if it was after the maid had left. (The didn't have enough money to buy a servo).

In all cases, the problem has gone away on its own, with no discernable pattern associated with why it goes away.  I know I have to save and exit the game at least once, but it can take an unpredictable number of times to make it so.  I always just play around it, and eventually it goes away.

I'm sorry that this doesn't offer much help in terms of causes/solutions. But perhaps it's a comfort to know you're not alone?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 07, 18:20:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissDoh started a thread about this after investigating it in her game.  I've experienced the same bug multiple times, exactly as she reports here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4248.0

Her solution, to use testing cheats to delete the sim at his res lot, save and re-enter, works for me every time.  At present, it appears to be an unresolved Maxis bug, with no Awesome fix.
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 08, 18:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thanks seelindarun, I guess I should have done a proper search!  Embarrassed   I am so glad its just not me though!! Wink

Its soo funny thou (strange funny), this is the very first time I ever experienced this situation.  I have been playing Sims2 since it came out and I played with NL in my game since it came out, and none of my playable sims ever had that problem.  Guess I've been very lucky, eh?  Cheesy

I will definitely try out the delete character solution and maybe even install this famous Macrotastics as the endless clicking and directing sims in the same routine is getting a bit old!! LOL

Thanks again!!  Grin
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 09, 23:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another way to get around it is the clean bot.  Buy/build one, put your plates on the ground and let the cleanbot work its magic.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Cons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 10, 00:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that bug too. Actually off and on for as long as I can remember. Comes and goes. Got to be a Maxis glitch. Doesn't seem top be related to hacks, because I had it without any hacks in the game.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: