More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:20:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Three Question in One Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Three Question in One Thread  (Read 7736 times)
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
Three Question in One Thread
« on: 2007 April 07, 09:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone give me a link to a tutorial on how to turn a mesh into a default mesh?  I have two long PJ meshes that I want to make into default meshes.

Can someone give me a link to the Sims Graveyard site?

Is anyone else having trouble storing veggies is custom fridges?  I tried to have one of my sims stock veggies in a hacked mini fridge and the stock option on the menu.  I haven't got the chance to test this in any other home because I'm playing only two adult families right now.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Three Question in One Thread
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 07, 10:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is it you want to do with the mesh?  You want to replace a maxis mesh with a custom one?  They'll either have to be very similar to start with, or you'll have to replace all the textures as well.
I can write you a quick tutorial on what I do when making NPC replacements.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Aelia
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 07, 12:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

www.sims2graveyard.com/  Grin

And I believe Seasons buggered the custom fridges. I don't know if anyone has fixxed that yet, but if they have, I'd love to have the instructions on how to do so.

(*very much hopes she has all that right and thus will not be pointed and laughed at*)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 07, 12:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yeah.  Custom fridges need to be specifically and individually updated for seasons.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 07, 13:31:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can write you a quick tutorial on what I do when making NPC replacements.
Huh? She's asking about custom fridges and default meshes...

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 07, 13:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh? She's asking about custom fridges and default meshes...

My NPC replacements are mesh replacements.
It all depands on what she means by "turn a mesh into a default mesh", which is why I asked for clarification.  I can't be bothered to type it all out if that's not what she's planning on.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 07, 13:41:28 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 07, 13:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It all depands on what she means by "turn a mesh into a default mesh", which is why I asked for clarification.  I can't be bothered to type it all out if that's not what she's planning on.
Oh, lazy like me then?

Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 07, 18:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want to replace a maxis mesh with a custom one?

Yes, I have the long Pajama meshes that Bettye put on MTS2 and Sofisticated Sims.

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 07, 20:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I wouldn't mind getting a link to a thread on how to replace default meshes myself (for CAS items, I hate the the Maxis high-water pj's!) and it'd have to include instructions for the textures too. It'd be a lot of work, but it'd be worth it to have more pajamas I actually like.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 07, 22:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firstly, if the goal is to just get rid of the ugly maxis outfits, I suggest using hiders on those, and then just modifying some custom clothes by setting the creator string to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.  That's a lot easier, and you don't have to hunt down and stompinate every item using the old mesh.  I only replace meshes for NPCs and other uniforms that you can't change in less intrusive ways.

OK, very quickly, this is how I do it:
Find the CRES resource for the mesh you want to replace; the original maxis one, from the original game files.
Use the SimPE Resource Finder, search for sensible keywords (if you hover over the clothing in debug mode in cas, you'll get a popup with some indication as to what to search for).  In this example I'll replace the male maid outfit with Simsbaby's tuxedo mesh.
Search and double click on the CRES to open that package.  Right-click on the resource and extract it, just put it somewhere safe for now.
Then, if needed, find the textures that go with the mesh in question, extract those too (extract the whole TXTR resource, not just export the image).

Create a new file in SimPE and import the resources.  Save.

Open the mesh you want to replace with in SimPE.  View the Resource Node (cres) in plugin view, go to the reference tab, and copy down those four numbers.
Now, replace the original numbers in the maxis CRES with the numbers from the custom CRES.

Don't do it the wrong way around: you should make no changes to the custom mesh at all, just to the exported resources.
Commit and save.

Replace the textures with something that will actually fit the new mesh.
Done.

I hope that made sense; it's almost my bedtime, and I've had a few...
« Last Edit: 2007 April 07, 23:04:30 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 08, 10:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to learn never to start projects late at night.  I could barely sleep because my fingers were itching to test this mesh out.
I was afraid the mesh by Bettye might be mapped wrong compared to the original pyjamas mesh, leaving sims with a flesh coloured bit of fabric at the end of the sleeves; and that would be sad since this otherwise would be a very simple modification.
So first thing I did when getting up was to make the replacement to check.  Bettye did it perfectly!  There's no flesh coloured sleeves, just a slight stretch to the fabric if it's heavily patterned.

Feel free to follow my drunken tutorial for the sake of experiment, but here is the replacement (Package contains replacement patches for all 3 ages, but it's not the meshes; you need the meshes from MTS2.):

* REPLACEMENT_MalePJ.zip (6.82 KB - downloaded 212 times.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 09, 17:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome! Thanks! Now I just need to hide the female versions for my game and I'll be set. Grin

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 10, 12:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think windkeeper has a PJ mesh replacement for females.  I've had that in my game for some time, that's why I didn't do the female meshes.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 25, 23:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think windkeeper has a PJ mesh replacement for females.  I've had that in my game for some time, that's why I didn't do the female meshes.

Sorry for the necromancy, but Gwill, thanks for fixing those PJs. The only PJ replacement I've seen from Windkeeper was a kid's PJ replacement, though. Any idea where I can find the other ages?

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 June 26, 11:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just now I can't figure out who made it.  I found the file in my downloads, but it's got no indication about who the creator is.

I'll see if I can track down the creator for credit, bu meanwhile, here it is:

* MESH_LongerPJs_REPLACEMENT.package (350.88 KB - downloaded 196 times.)

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 June 26, 21:52:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be me Smiley

I did it back in Dec 2005/Jan 2006 - but it's just for the females. Shortly after that is when my husband got sick & I was absent for quite some time.

I'm working on some new maternity outfits now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: