More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:24:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Removing Pollination Technician jealousy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Removing Pollination Technician jealousy  (Read 5178 times)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Removing Pollination Technician jealousy
« on: 2007 June 23, 02:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an alien child who is now in college.  Her widowed father is about to remarry--she was born after the first wife died--and I would very much like for her not to freak out because he is "cheating" on Pollination Technician.  I have a Mac, so no SimPE, and I would prefer not to install a global no-jealousy hack that will affect everybody in the game if I don't have to.

I have tried using InSim to sever her family ties to Polli Tech, but I do not think you can do that with a Sim who is not on the lot, and I can't summon him (or so it appears). 

Is there a way specifically to prevent her wigging out over the insane Polli Tech thing without using SimPE?  I don't really care whether it's through adjusting jealousy or her family relationships; I just don't want her family to blow apart.

PB

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Removing Pollination Technician jealousy
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 23, 03:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she isn't even living in the same household will it be a problem? Why not run the wedding and see. You can always use boolprop to fix the relationship if it takes a dive.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 23, 03:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True.  Actually, she is in college in the same sorority with the fiance, and they are good friends.  I've managed to avoid jealousy so far by simply having the dad go on dates with his fiance on community lots (and on the one occasion he came over on free will, I simply sent her to bed).  She will not be moving back home, but getting her own place. I'd rather she didn't flip out at all, of course, but I could fix the relationship if I had to.  Sims don't register the "under the arch" kiss as a "kiss," do they?

PB

akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 23, 04:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, I wonder if this is covered by the Romance Mod? Isn't one of the features supposed to be no jealousy when the two Sims interacting are married to each other? Don't know if that extends to the kids as well as the married couple's lovers, though.

If not, I suggest installing a per-lot jealousy hack. Not sure where to locate such a thing, however, as the only one I'm aware of seems to have some issues, at least if you're running Seasons.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 23, 04:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR has an option to turn off jealousy.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 23, 05:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Romance Mod by JM Pescado (available here at MATY) covers this type of thing, even though it is not mentioned in the RTFM  Roll Eyes

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 23, 11:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mysterious "cheating on" spaz when the sim is not the one being cheated on has been fixed for ages in Romance Mod. Apparently the original logic was incomprehensible and broken.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 June 23, 15:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK.  I will install the Romance Mod.  Some spazzing is fun, because I run an intentionally puritanical neighborhood and I enjoy watching my Romance Sims go ahead and be hypocrites, but it is no longer worth the aggravation and potential trouble.

PB

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 June 23, 17:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of the biggest advantages of JMs mods. He doesn't usually overdo it. You'll find your sims still get jealous when their spouses are being hypocrites and the like - plenty of appropriate spazzing, just not in stupid places like the kids throwing hissies when their father remarries because once upon a time he was abducted by a green NPC.

Unsouper
Baskar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 June 27, 02:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said you have insim, so this SHOULD work.
Pause the game
spawn the "summoner" and the "family tree".
Click on the summoner, go into default and choose the PT you need
At this time, you may get a plumbbob error, just choose reset and you'll be fine. 
Click on the family tree, sever family ties with the pt and unpause the game.
The PT will disappear and all will be right in the world.

I do this frequently whenever I have one of my 4 pt's (fwiffo, gotta love the dude for pt's) impregnates a sim.  Smiley
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 June 27, 04:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried this with InSim.  It was my first thought, actually, as the Pollination Technician isn't really a father, per se?  (Can you invite him to a birthday party?  Can you get him to pay child support?)

The Pollination Technician did not show up--as a Townie, as an NPC, at all.

PB

Baskar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 June 27, 06:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd - works for me.
I have multi-PT's and a nice lil telescope.  Increases the chances of being abducted 30x.(oops *looks around*...I mean 10x, yes 10x)  Rather than get a bunch of sims that could be related to each other very quickly, I just remove the PT's genetic status from the necessary sim.  I usually do it when the kid is still a toddler. 
Which version of Insim are you using?  I usually use the DEST version.  For some odd reason, I'd rather summon various objects of the Insim than the machine itself...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 June 27, 06:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you get him to pay child support?

yes, if you have monique's child support hack  Cheesy
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 June 27, 07:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the DEST version as well, and I like using the individual items.  (I apologize--InSim isn't Awesome, but if you have a Mac and therefore no SimPE, it's the only way I know of to edit family relationships.)  I've done the Family Tree editing before successfully, and even managed to create an extended family with cousins and whatnot, but as I said, the Pollination Technician isn't showing up.

I have a More Attractive Pollination Technician hack from MTS2--and if you saw the Sim he got knocked up, you'd understand why I couldn't handle the affront to my eyesight.

Anyway--I don't mean for this to be a question about InSim, as it isn't Awesome--anything that would deal with the jealousy situation would be fine.

PB

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: