More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:41:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Making Sim Twins
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Making Sim Twins  (Read 12067 times)
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Making Sim Twins
« on: 2007 April 05, 01:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've searched the SimPE site, MTS2, and here for anything relatively close to this question but can't find anything that actually answers it.

Is it possible to mark 2 existing sims as being twins and if so how? I've found a few threads with information on editing the pregnancy token - but this pair of "twins" was made in CAS as toddlers and the mother has no pregnancy memory. I've never - not once ever since base TS2 - had twins. I've never delved into the info on it becuasea I honestly wasn't that interested. This new family, though, is based on fictional characters for a themed neighborhood and the brothers are twins. So if there is a way to mark them as such I would like to do that.

Also, is the likelihood of having twins a trait that's passed down through generations in the game? I think I remember reading somewhere that it is but I don't know for sure if I actually read it or if I did if it was a truth.

edited to clarify
« Last Edit: 2007 April 05, 01:32:40 by myskaal » Logged
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Making Sim Twins
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 05, 01:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no expert on the matter and I may be completely wrong. (If so, someone will come along and correct me and you'll get useful information.)

I don't think the game even knows twins are twins once they've been born. If I'm not mistaken, you could create some really messed up twins (without using any hacks) by just buying a birthday cake and forcing one twin to grow up as early as possible in each stage while keeping the other one "young" as long as possible. You might even be able to get one to adulthood while the other is still a child.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 05, 01:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, I was curious a while back but never figured it out: is there a way to make two adult sims in two different households marked as brothers, and thus their kids be cousins and consider each other family?

INFP or something
Hitch
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 05, 01:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(re-apply the disclaimer from above.)

I think you can modify family relationships in SimPE to make the parents brothers. But I would recommend doing it before the children are born or the game won't know they're supposed to be "cousins."
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 05, 03:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(re-apply the disclaimer from above.)

I think you can modify family relationships in SimPE to make the parents brothers. But I would recommend doing it before the children are born or the game won't know they're supposed to be "cousins."

I tried this, but since they were in two different "families" they wouldn't show up on the family tree.. I probably just did it wrong.

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 05, 04:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to set the relationships for both brothers to each other and for the kids towards their new uncle/uncle to new nieces and nephews. Not sure about cousin-to-cousin as I haven't done it since forever ago. The relationship changes don't like to cascade like they should.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 05, 04:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no expert on the matter and I may be completely wrong. (If so, someone will come along and correct me and you'll get useful information.)

I don't think the game even knows twins are twins once they've been born. If I'm not mistaken, you could create some really messed up twins (without using any hacks) by just buying a birthday cake and forcing one twin to grow up as early as possible in each stage while keeping the other one "young" as long as possible. You might even be able to get one to adulthood while the other is still a child.

I think you're probably right. After having gone through just about everything I could think of to go through in SimPE and doing more searches it does indeed look like the game doesn't actually classify any sims as "twins". Ah well. Thanks for the reply at least.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 05, 06:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the subject of the marking as reletives you have to mark it in two places - in 'relationships' under Sim Description (and mark it for everybody as it seems the ties are generated at birth etc) and under Family Ties (for it to appear in the family tree). Although you only mark siblings, parents and children under Family Ties as there are no links for more 'distant' reletives.

As for the twins question. The Sims themselves will only know that they are siblings, but there is twins marker that you can add. It doesn't mark them as twins it marks them as more likely to concieve twins. It's a token in memories - so you can't do it if you're running a Seasons game (until SimPE is updated), but any other version should work.

Basically you 'add' a token in the memories and then alter it to read

Properties Tab
Token: Token - Pregnancy - Modifier

Raw Data Tab
Length: 2 (and then click the 'set' button
Line 00: 0x0009
Line 01: 0xfffb

Then check back on the Properties Tab and the 'Value' should now read 9 (it was zero before you editted the Raw Data). Commit and Save.

If all of this doesn't make sence then have a look at Pleasant View. Joe Carr always has a twins modifier in his memory.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 05, 08:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure, but I think the Caliente sisters should have the twins tokens too.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 05, 08:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Mim - that was one of the things I had a note to ask you about since you do this sort of thing so much.  I have to set Horace and Henry Vaughan back to twins in the newly re-created Little Carping.  I have never had twins look more alike in game.  I have to dress them differently to tell them apart.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 05, 09:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twins are not distinct from any other form of siblings, other than that they spawn simultaneously and thus start the same age. There is no requirement that they remain this way. They are otherwise indistinguishable from any other siblings.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 05, 09:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twins are not distinct from any other form of siblings, other than that they spawn simultaneously and thus start the same age. There is no requirement that they remain this way. They are otherwise indistinguishable from any other siblings.

Was that directed at me?  I know that but I don't care.  I just want to reset Henry and Horace's tokens.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 05, 09:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What tokens? There's no tokens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 05, 10:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really can't be arsed explaining the situation - Mim's answer was useful to me, that's all.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 05, 10:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, or at least, the Caliente sister in my game don't.

Pescado: Maxon meant that the Sim Siblings that she perceives as twins now have the token that means they are more likely to beget twins - or were you just being difficult?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 05, 14:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically you 'add' a token in the memories and then alter it to read

Properties Tab
Token: Token - Pregnancy - Modifier

Raw Data Tab
Length: 2 (and then click the 'set' button
Line 00: 0x0009
Line 01: 0xfffb

Then check back on the Properties Tab and the 'Value' should now read 9 (it was zero before you editted the Raw Data). Commit and Save.

If all of this doesn't make sence then have a look at Pleasant View. Joe Carr always has a twins modifier in his memory.

What tokens? There's no tokens.

Huh

INFP or something
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 05, 14:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pescado is referring to the fact that there is no token that marks two sims as twins.

Madame Mim, however, is trying to clarify that there is a 'twins token', but it makes sims more likely to conceive twins, rather than stating that they *are* a twin.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 05, 15:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it marks them as more likely to concieve twins. It's a token in memories

Aha! So it is something that's passed down through generations. This is what I was looking for. The "twins gene", so to speak. Thanks, Mim!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 05, 19:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it get passed on, or does it just get handed out randomly?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 05, 21:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think tokens get passed on; only the genetic info.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 05, 22:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the tokens are just handed out randomly.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 05, 22:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be a coincidence, then, that only one of my families ever produces twins, and they have twins every single time. Sadorandomness at its finest...

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 06, 04:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...like my four twin-sets in a row, three in the same family thing. I'm almost afraid to let my first simmie in my lovely new custom neighborhood woohoo.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: