More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:33:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid Seasons Questions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Seasons Questions  (Read 7959 times)
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
Stupid Seasons Questions
« on: 2007 April 04, 23:03:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

right ive had seasons for a while now.. and just realised there may be a few things im missing...

1. Do veges have to be blended?  Or can you make meals out of them?

2.  Someone mentioned a vegetable stand.  There is a vegetable stand? Do you have to sell veges one at a time? How do people run their produce buisnesses? (i have ofb)

cheers all Smiley

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Stupid Seasons Questions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 04, 23:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you stock your veges in the fridge, they get turned into freshness points which are used when making any meal. You can juice them for bounus to things (eggplant juice is good) but I normally just stick them all in the fridge.

I'm not sure about the selling of them though.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 05, 00:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fruits/veggies can be Stocked in the fridge and are used to cook the usual dishes - only they'll be sparkly, since they're "extra fresh" now. When you click a fridge with fresh produce and/or fish in your inventory, you'll be able to select Stock and then pick which items you want to put in the fridge. Unlike the juicer, you can't take your produce back out of the fridge once you put it in there, but like the juicer, you can choose to load it a single item at a time if you wish.

As for selling the produce, it's easy to just select "Sell Produce" or "Sell Many Whatever Beans" straight from the garden (a Thriving Eggplant will net your Sim somewhere around $350 per plant), but selling a la OFB is pretty easy too. Unfortunately, you do have do sell them one at a time. I think you do get more money in the long run if you do it that way, but then there's the wacky fun of having to Hard Sell some townie schmuck who's been staring at your $21 pepper for the last hour). There's no specific "vegetable stand" object; you just use the regular shelves with the 6-top tray. Looks kind of lame, imo. But one of my sims does have a fruit/veggie/fish business, so if you want to sell your produce OFB-style, it's totally do-able.

Hope that helps!
Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 05, 01:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys.

Once again it seems EA has shown a disapointing lack of EFFORT.  I mean they could have included new meals you know? Vegetable soup, stuffed peppers I dunno.  And the sell a single vege at a time thing... man.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 05, 01:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys.

Once again it seems EA has shown a disapointing lack of EFFORT.  I mean they could have included new meals you know? Vegetable soup, stuffed peppers I dunno.  And the sell a single vege at a time thing... man.

Well there's the fish dishes

INFP or something
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 05, 01:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this is true.
However in Unleashed, you could make carrot pie etc, you had a recipie book (from memory).  IMO EA is lacking effort.  I mean dont get me wrong, Seasons has been the best expansion in a long time, relativly bug free and well Seasons.  But theres just little things i feel theyve let slide in a sort of "this will do" mentalitly.

Don't even get me started on pets.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 05, 01:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys.

They can't make everyone happy. They added gardening, they added the new fish dishes, they added the juices, and they added all the stuff that goes along with the changing weather, plus all kinds of other stuff. I can't really fault them when they did give us what the expansion advertised. I'm not saying EA is perfect, but I don't really know a game company out there that is. Smiley

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 05, 03:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For selling veggies, I recommend you get an invisible recolor of that silly tray. There's one on MTS2. The veggies look so much better without the tray.

I agree that the foods were a disappointment. I did expect to be able to do something with the fruits and vegetables, even if just to stick them in a bowl and eat them raw. But oh well, there's custom food available for download.

What really annoys me is the lack of common garden plants, like carrots and potatoes and cabbages... and pumpkins and squash and... oh, all right, I guess they couldn't put everything into the game....  Undecided

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 05, 09:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For selling veggies, I recommend you get an invisible recolor of that silly tray. There's one on MTS2. The veggies look so much better without the tray.
For selling vegetables more than ONE AT A TIME, a new Shiny Thing is currently in testing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 05, 10:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yes?!?  Cool
*prepares to be blinded

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 05, 10:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my stupid seasons question would be: does the money earned from selling produce (from the plant/tree) count towards money earned?

If it does, my fortune sims with the earn §100000 LTW are getting mighty pissed that macro garden is now appearing to harvest any mouthwatering produce.

I don't want it in inventory, I want to sell it from the damn plant!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 05, 16:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks guys.

I agree. I mean, what were they eating before, dehydrated astronaut food?

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
TreyNutz
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 06, 16:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my stupid seasons question would be: does the money earned from selling produce (from the plant/tree) count towards money earned?

Yes, I believe it does.  I was playing yesterday with 2 sims.  No jobs, no income except what they sold directly from the garden.  They both got the $ over their heads while I was playing.  I assume it was at the $10k mark, but I'd have to check memories to be sure.

Just coincidence but it works.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 06, 22:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, TreyNutz.  It was what I expected, but it's good to have confirmation.  I guess I shall have to start lobbying the FOJ to remove the harvesting from the garden macro and create a separate harvest option.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 06, 22:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, TreyNutz.  It was what I expected, but it's good to have confirmation.  I guess I shall have to start lobbying the FOJ to remove the harvesting from the garden macro and create a separate harvest option.

You mean business -> Be Farmer?

INFP or something
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 06, 23:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.

At the moment, macro>garden harvests any mouthwatering produce to the sim's inventory.

I've got fortune sims who would much rather be selling the produce to earn money.  Direct from the tree, not through any business.  There was a macrotastics update that I haven't yet tried out, so I shall just wait and see for a while.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 06, 23:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I mean is, doesn't business -> be Farmer do that already?

INFP or something
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 07, 01:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried it.  I've had to start over again, so it's probably going to be a while before I get back to it.

My gripe with the business>be farmer thing, is that I want to be able to direct my sim to do other things as well...  not just sit and wait for some gardening to need to be done.  Unless that changed since I last tried it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 07, 01:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it hasn't changed except if you're running an actual business with salespeople, restockers, cashiers and such, the the farmers get called away to do other tasks as per usual BRY.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: