More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 13:23:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Uniforms for Top of Career : Slacker and Show Biz
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uniforms for Top of Career : Slacker and Show Biz  (Read 8843 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Uniforms for Top of Career : Slacker and Show Biz
« on: 2007 April 03, 21:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was annoyed that the professional party guests don't have a uniform when they go to work, and that the Icons (top of show biz (uni)) go to work in a tracksuit....
So I fix it. It works well in my game for some months, so I thought I'd share.
For professional party guest I used outfits from NL (diva's dress, and the leopard version of Mr Big blazer, the long red dress for elder woman) and base game (the red jacket with silver tie for elder (is also available for adult and teen). So it will require NL to work in your game.
For the show biz uniform I used GLS formal wear. To be able to use it as work uniform I had to recategorize them as everyday (so there's one more file, just to enabled them as everyday and elder, it also enabled the coats to outerwear as I have seasons). So it will require Uni and GLS. I have no idea what an outfit categorized as outerwear will do to a game without seasons. If it indeed causes problems, I'll upload another file without this category.

The .rar has 5 files :
CustomUniformSlacker and Career_Slacker_NewUniforms are needed to enable the new uniform for professional party guest.
CustomUniformShowBiz, Career_ShowBiz_NewUniforms and Clothes Modification for ShowBiz Career are needed to enable the new uniform for icon.

If you happen to have some file to change the category/age of GLS or Nl or base clothes (like the files by SimsBay I think) it will conflict with Clothes Modification for ShowBiz Career : renaming it with some zzz to make it load last should solve the problem.

So if I still don't manage to scare you, feel free to download and test in your game.
Pioupiou

ETA : I used some files by Vagrant from MTS2 in order to do this (add custom outfit to a career), so credit to Vagrant (don't have a link, as I made these things some months ago).

* NewUniformsSlackerandShowBiz.rar (2.54 KB - downloaded 483 times.)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Uniforms for Top of Career : Slacker and Show Biz
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 04, 20:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it replace the showbiz tracksuit or just bypass it?  I've re-categorized the tracksuit as athleteic wear, so I don't want to think about all the trouble that might cause if mixed wrong. Tongue

Will definitely use the Slacker one though.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 05, 06:04:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it does not do a thing to the tracksuit (which by the way is the same you already have in the athletics career). It only change the uniform the game uses on your Icon to clothes from GLS. The red dress with brooch (afdresshalterbroch_red) for adult female, the silver tuxedo with barefoot for the adult male, the black fur coat for elder female and one of the coats (don't remember the color of hand right now) for elder male.
If you want/need, I'll post somescreenshots this afternoon (GMT+2).
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 05, 07:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will give it a go then. Smiley
It never bothered me before, but it will now that you mentioned it, damn you!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 05, 11:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Icon Outfits :

Professional Party Guest Outfits :

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 05, 16:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much; it's always annoyed me that professional party guests and show biz icons would wear a tracksuit to work...not very elegant in my opinion.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 06, 00:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll try these, even though I don't have Seasons.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 06, 06:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notveryawesome : let me know if the clothes categorized as outerwear cause problems in your game without seasons. Thanks.
bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 28, 09:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize this is a rather old topic but has the fact that EA slacked off and stuck some ole dingy original Sims2 outfits to some of the new lawyers in Free Time occurred to anyone else but me? Was the missing hidden H&M outfit that reappeared hidden yet again in Free Time (see Lord Darcy's post)intended for the law career? 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: