More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:01:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Walkbys Walking Pets - The Pets Won't Stop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Walkbys Walking Pets - The Pets Won't Stop  (Read 5223 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Walkbys Walking Pets - The Pets Won't Stop
« on: 2007 March 31, 23:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever walkbys are walking their pets, you can click on them and get the choice of "Greet 'Sim' and 'Pet'". The Sim then stands still like walkbys normally do when they realize that they are going to get greeted, but the pet keeps walking until it walks off the screen. By the time the greeting Sim reaches the sidewalk, the pet is long gone.

Is there a way to get the pet to stop with its master?

So far the only way that I found that works is to pause the game. Find a Sim without anything in their queue, then teleport them to the sidewalk to do the greet. It seems that this is the only way to get there fast enough for their pet to still be on the screen.

Surely there is a better way?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Walkbys Walking Pets - The Pets Won't Stop
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 01, 02:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run there. In real life, do you think people passing by stop to psychically know you want to speak to them?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 01, 04:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had more luck clicking on the pet and selecting greet. Or, selecting pet and then the owner will usually keep them standing around, even if the second greet isn't actually necessary.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 01, 06:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Run there. In real life, do you think people passing by stop to psychically know you want to speak to them?

in real life you can yell to them through the window.

INFP or something
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 01, 07:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running, which is only available to active Sims anyway, still isn't fast enough to catch both the Sim and pet.

I'll try the double greet>greet Sim and greet pet, hoping both will stay long enough. Greeting the pet allows the Sim to run off the screen while the pet stays.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 01, 08:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another thing I'd like to see (unless it's already done), that would help magicmoon and myself is a popup alert stating a walker (human or pet) has entered the area.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 01, 19:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really prefer that the pets leave.

If I have a house with no chew bone, and the walkby has a dog, what is the first thing the dog does?

Likewise when I have a house with no scratching post, and the person has a cat.

Who the hell takes their cat walking with them about town anyway?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 01, 19:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.peoriahs.org/catleash.html

http://www.hdw-inc.com/leashtraining.htm

I tried with my cat when he was smaller, hoping to be able to bring him to friend's houses when I walked there- if he had a harness on he'd act like he had no muscles in his legs, just flopping over and laying there pitifully until I removed it. At which point he'd run the hell away. But some people get it to work.

INFP or something
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 02, 03:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup! I sometimes take a walk with my cat, with leash. Almost no training, though, but my cat is a dumbass, and maybe this helped a lot.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 02, 04:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had cats who follow me when I go on walks. I never could get my cat to accept the harness and leash I got for her, though. I once saw a guy on the subway with a cat; he put her on the seat next to him. She didn't seem to like it much, but she was obviously used to it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 02, 05:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only cats I've ever had who would agree to wear the leash were the dumb ones. The smart ones would just do this little shimmy, and then you would be left holding an empty leash and the cat would be on the neighbour's roof.

I did have a cat who used to like going for walks, though.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 02, 06:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We used to walk to the beach every evening after dinner - when we lived in a small town a few years ago - our three dogs would all walk with us, the two cats would tail us all the way. They'd watch from the trees at the edge of the park-like area while we all played, then they'd tail us home again. It was quite a circus and we got to know many of the locals.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 03, 02:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My one cat used to have a leash and harness, which I used to keep a hold of him on "walks" (term used very loosely). If we would run into a canadian goose he would freak out, otherwise he's velcroed to me. But alas, he's a big cat of 14 pounds and knee-height to me, and got too big for any cat harnesses. The dog ones looked like they would hurt.

Anyways, back to topic....there needs to be an additional law added to simville. All these pet owners walking around with their animals way ahead of them and not on a leash!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: