More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:24:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seasons Patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seasons Patch  (Read 26607 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Seasons Patch
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 31, 23:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

people on another community i frequent are complaning of problems starting the game after the patch.
one can't get body shop or seasons to run, anothers game keeps asking for a disk when shes got digital download ...these could be caused by their own errors however

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 April 01, 01:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok...after reading this thread I have no idea what is what..... my game is pretty much up to date except for the omgpetz  patch......    Im not planning on installing it right now since all of the problems seem to be fixed by the hacks here. But if I do need to install it... am I supposed to uninstall seasons then patch petz and reinstall?  Or is it a big waste of my time?  Or maybe some kind of human sacrifice is involved and theh shoveling all  my eps and do a random uninstall reinstall and install all the of patches at once? Tongue

The Loot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 April 01, 02:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just did a quick check on the Official site:

Quote from: MaxoidGoonter
You only need to apply the most recent patch for the most recent EP you have installed.
This is because the installation of your most recent EP includes all previous bug fixes, so there is no need to apply previous patches.

EXCEPTION: If you have Pets and Seasons, please apply both patches - some of the Pets fixes were not included with Seasons. Thanks!

Seems like we do need both.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 April 01, 02:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I think we're aware of that statement, as it was already referenced in this thread  Roll Eyes

INFP or something
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 April 01, 02:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well what I want to know is do you have to install the Second Pets Patch AND the Seasons Patch?

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 April 01, 03:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well what I want to know is do you have to install the Second Pets Patch AND the Seasons Patch?

According to what Goonter posted yesterday on your forum, the answer is yes.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 April 01, 03:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

um

er

sarcasm?

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 April 01, 14:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I understand that....but if I don't have Pets but want to install the Pets Patch in conjunction with Seasons because I feel I need to collect all the Maxian patches, will I need both the Pets patch and the Seasons patch? Tongue

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 April 01, 21:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patches above modify some of the files in the 3D and template folders, so those ones are needed for later expansions since they are loaded and not changed by any later expansions.

Thanks for plainly stating this, but this is irrelevant. Until someone with more credibility than a Maxoid says so, you DO NOT need to install all the patches.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 April 01, 21:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though if you want them to be safe I doubt it'll hurt anything

INFP or something
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 April 01, 21:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, that I agree with.  Tongue

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 April 01, 21:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For people like me who were annoyed when this thread didn't directly link to the patch:

CD/DVD Patch

Digital Download
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 April 02, 00:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to load a neighborhood after installing the patch, the choose-a-neighborhood screen is fine, but once I pick a  neighborhood, its load screen flashes on and off.  It gets the lights across the top that show that it's loading, but even when fully loaded, I still just have a flashing neighborhood load screen.  Oh, joy, oh, rapture!

Guess it's time to go through the hacks one by one....

So, if Seasons wasn't already bothering you, installing the patch may not be worth the trouble it will cause.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 April 02, 02:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't install for me  Huh
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 April 02, 02:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

at least they fixed the problem with the sound missing from the guitar.

I was not using the career reward guitar exactly because of that, but now I notice that
when sims are going to dance when another sim is playing, they freeze for a few
seconds (the ones that are dancing) and then all sims jump off of the
interaction... including the sim that is playing... So far is the only problem
that i found after patching the game. I tried to enable "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
but no error dialog appeared... weird.

i was wondering if all you guys have the same problem... With the game patched
or unpatched.
another bug?
I'm playing only with seasons and nightlife installed.

Hmm my sound with the rock guitar is fine...
however that dancing thing is familiar, mine looks like a jumpbug as well except it happens when two people are on a date.  I also have had issues trying to "Toast" while at dinner, they jump then too sometimes. 
This happened before both the pets patch and seasons expansion though and i haven't seen it in a while.

Edit: I dont have the seasons patch and i refuse to get it until official report of what it actually does.  I dont buy that something that big only fixes 3 things.  Plus ive actually got no issues with my game so far (touch wood).

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 April 02, 03:11:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People are auto teleporting when you cancel out a phone call. Servos are trying to swim and commit suicide.

I've had the teleporting issue since installing the phone hack, but only when a landline and cell are being used concurrently.

As to the Servos, I've not installed the Pets2 patch and haven't downloaded the Seasons patch yet.  However, the Servo in my first lot that was hit with a blizzard jumped into the pool.  He went from playing darts into the pool in a nanosecond.  Maybe snowflakes shorts their circuits?
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 April 02, 05:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay folks, like an idiot, I installed it.

Now, my female sims with infants and toddlers all get the 'I can't leave my poor defenseless baby' thing when they leave the lot - for work or shopping, etc. in spite of the father being present...

And, I must have saved the game and quit due to something in real life, and did it in the middle of the day while a Sim was at work.  He was standing on the lawn and his car was missing...it never did show up...had to purchase another for him (thank goodness for rich dead uncles).

So unless there's something seriously wonky with your game that you KNOW that patch is gonna fix, skip it.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 April 02, 13:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing patches or new EPs always causes a re-set.
Make sure all your sims are at home, and not on the phone or doing anything else important.  When you enter the lot they'll be standing next to whatever they were engaged with at the time of install; if they were off the lot they'll be standing by the mailbox, or the front door.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 April 02, 21:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupidly, I installed Seasons and later on I installed the patch without checking to see if BodyShop worked in between. Now BS won't open at all. Is there a way to uninstall a patch, or do I need to reinstall Seasons to do that?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 April 02, 22:34:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denimjo are you sure you're using the right exe for Seasons Bodyshop?  When you install a new EP, you get a new Bodyshop too but the shortcut on the desktop still points to the old one and BS won't run if you use that.  I have to make a new Shortcut every time (or make the old one point at the new version of BS).

Inteen for AL, yay!
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 April 03, 01:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, that could very well be the problem. I have the program pinned on my menu list. I'll check to see if I can access it another way.

ETA: Maxon, you're a genius! *huggles gratefully* Thanks for the tip!

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 April 03, 02:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've had jump bugs since the install of seasons. pets jumping, snowball fights jumping ...yadda yadda ..haven't explored the whole thing yet as my boyfriend is greedy and wants time on my computer  Tongue plus nasty work coming between me and my gaming time ...damn it.
did find out that alias's buyable ofb objects was causeing a jump with plant sims and the waterwiggler ...so one jump narrowed down

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 April 04, 00:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i case someone comes back in here.
Pescado said he was going to take a look at the file to see if it did what it claimed.
Has he reported his findings anywhere? ...as i don't get the time to peruse the threads properly I thought it possible i may have missed him mentioning something somewhere.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 April 04, 03:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm my sound with the rock guitar is fine...

Really? well, maybe you have Uni installed. I didn't installed Uni.
Maybe the guitar was using sounds from the Uni guitar and
was not included with seasons.

Quote from: Tigerlilley
however that dancing thing is familiar, mine looks like a jumpbug as well except it happens when two people are on a date.  I also have had issues trying to "Toast" while at dinner, they jump then too sometimes. 
This happened before both the pets patch and seasons expansion though and i haven't seen it in a while.

I don't know about dating. But how you are not getting problems
with that career guitar? are you sure that you are using the career
guitar and not the Uni normal one? (that you can buy in the catalog)
I was so frustrated about this that I tought about to
track down what was causing the career reward guitar to reset. And
finally i found the problem and now is working fine.

I havent had any probs with it, the sound and everythings fine.  I was just really disapointed that the rock guitar had the same sound track to the normal guitar... i thought it would be more distortion and heavy metal Sad

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 April 06, 14:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read through this whole thread but I'm still confused. I read Dizzy's "What part of no do you understand" LOL, but what I'm wondering is:
If I install the Pets patch, are there hacks that I should take out due to changes?  I haven't read much about the Pets patch at all except that most people were waiting until Seasons came out and just installing that.  I see, though, that there are things that were not included in the Seasons patch.
I just wonder if eventually there will be no more support for the fixes on this site that were already included in the Pets patch.
After reading all the contradictions, my brain hurts....
So, can someone spell out the steps I should be taking that would be the optimum way to go about this? Like so:

yes/no the Pets patch should/shouldn't be installed

You should install the Pets patch before/after the seasons patch

You should/should jump off of a building for not understanding the part about "no" that Dizzy politely mentions Roll Eyes

And any other miscellaneous info that might apply.

I am admittedly less than awesome....borderline anti-awesome.
Thanks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: