More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 08:21:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No face
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No face  (Read 15323 times)
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
No face
« on: 2007 March 30, 16:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an issue with sims who's faces are either not there at all and they have a black space, or it looks like their wearing a ski mask so they have no features. This is happening with the NPCs as well as a baby my sim had.

I killed the kid and bascially cloned her a new baby and this one had a face, but his brother, who's father was an NPC with a face had no face.

I have all the packs except OFB

« Last Edit: 2007 March 30, 19:37:13 by ChibyMethos » Logged

All your base are belong to us.
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: No face
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 30, 16:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar, and fixed it by changing eyebrows at the mirror. 
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 30, 16:51:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the first thing I tried, but it didn't help. Angry

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 30, 17:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reminds me of Sims1 when you had a bad hair file...

shudder.

I can't imagine what could be causing that...any recent downloads that might have affected it? I'd remove anything you put in your downloads folder in the last oh week or so...

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 30, 18:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using custom skintones or default replacements? I can't see the pics but it kinda sounds like what happened with the skintones I had been using.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 30, 18:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, please disable .DOC uploads. You have said before that you can't open them, and the image could easily be placed on a service such as Photobucket, or ImageShack (in other words, .JPG and .PNG uploads aren't allowed, so DOCs shouldn't be used to circumvent this feature).

Now that I think about it, there's no reason to allow .PDF uploads either. Especially because most PDFs will go over the 640KB limit immediately.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 30, 18:28:48 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 30, 18:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same thing happen when I was using custom skintones that I had made into default replacements. No idea what I did wrong but when I removed the skins, their faces came back. Embarrassed

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 30, 19:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could see it being the skin for the baby, but that doesn't explaine the NPCs. The paper boy looked like the baby when he cam onto my lot and half the people in the phone book have no face.

BitterStar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 30, 21:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had something similar, and fixed it by changing eyebrows at the mirror. 

That's what I ended up doing ... I didn't think of it to start with and ended up having to kill my Sim ...  Embarrassed ... but I haven't had that problem for a while.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 30, 22:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try to create a baby in CAS? May be you have there some corrupted skin.
Sometimes, when I create a sim in CAS, I have to throw to the trash many hair styles and outfits, because the sim is shown without hair, or without a body.
It happens to me, when I use hair style or outfit which belong to an EP I don't have, or the mesh is missing.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 30, 23:14:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make this a default skin using the tool in one of the earlier versions of SimPE?  I know they discontinued that tool because it had issues.  Defaults made the long and tedious way shouldn't be a problem, although I suppose any file can become corrupted.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 30, 23:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

read several reasons for this.
faulty Custom eyebrows and default custom eyebrows
custom skins and default of same.
corrupted game file ...can't remember which one though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 31, 01:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

read several reasons for this.
faulty Custom eyebrows and default custom eyebrows
custom skins and default of same.
corrupted game file ...can't remember which one though.
I've also heard "video card under the minimum requirements for TS2", though this seems to be a common excuse for every graphic problem anyone has.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 03, 09:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had a very rare similar problem save my missing faces were replaced with a shimmering prismatic blob which left tracers and often appeared slightly out of place with respect to the head.  Going through a 'change appearance' action at any mirror always brought it back.  It is my assumption that it was a problem with an older, inferior graphics card, and I have yet to have the same problem since upgrading to a new computer.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 03, 19:33:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem, and it turned out that it was caused by teen sims keeping certain aspiration rewards in their inventory. Specifically, it was the reward that allows you to change your sims' aspiration (can't remember the name of the damned thing - Renu-Yu Senso Orb, or something like that). I don't think this is your problem, however, since infants don't have inventories. Sorry that wasn't much help...

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 04, 01:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem, and it turned out that it was caused by teen sims keeping certain aspiration rewards in their inventory. Specifically, it was the reward that allows you to change your sims' aspiration (can't remember the name of the damned thing - Renu-Yu Senso Orb, or something like that). I don't think this is your problem, however, since infants don't have inventories. Sorry that wasn't much help...

Hi, I was also having that 'blue' mask floating/replacing an empty face, for me it turned out that if my teen's used the ReNuYu Senso Orb to change their asperation, they'd eventually get that Blue floating face.  A quick trip to the mirror after using the Orb seemed to lock their faces back to normal. 

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 04, 06:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that could have been my problem, then, too. Yet another reason to just use the Lot Debugger.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 04, 14:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you make this a default skin using the tool in one of the earlier versions of SimPE? 

No, I don't know how to do that. The last SimPE I have was the ZOMGPETZ edition. I went into the CAS to see if this was an issue there and the first sim that popped up had no face, just like the baby. Also, several sims in the bin that I had made weeks ago were faceless.

Since I have a 4 day weekend coming up, I guess I'll have to search the entire DL folder and see what comes up.

The video card I'm using isn't even a year old yet, so that shouldn't be a issue.  Huh Huh

Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 06, 06:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The blue/shimmering face does not really seem to be the issue here.  The skintone does not look Maxis;  Perhaps the skin file download was corrupted.  The large file size of skintones in general leaves more possibility for error when downloading.  Maybe you should try downloading again and replacing the skin files?

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 09, 13:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the skin tone and the sim reverted to the maxis/ea skin. However, the issue hasn't gone away. It has now infected my university as well. The CAS sims show up randomly without faces.

This is what most of the NPC's look like. An imporovemnt for some, but now my Legacy sims have no-one to marry.

SimulatedDork
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 09, 14:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes, if you have the inSIMenator, then the blue-mask can be an issue. Luckily, they have included a "fix appearance" option. Try that?

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 16, 02:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

i had a somewhat similar problem when i resurrected lyla grunt and had her start procreating with general buzz.  every single one of their get had what looked like a cleft palate.  as they aged i could see that it was the center part of their faces that were twisted, and you could see right through the heads to the hair, if they had any.

i had to kill lyla all over again, and buzz married some random woman walking down the street instead.

Grin
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 16, 05:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what happened to me:

It was a sign of my neighborhood imploding. I had to kill everything and pretty much start over. If I'd known then what I know now, I'd have extracted my favorite sims via simpe and then recreated them in the new neighborhood. Ah well.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 16, 17:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my game is doing this now, black faces, numbers for faces or icons, strange clothing color thing, the colors of the clothes are the skin color, the skin is fucked, i pulled the compressed zip out of my cd and repaced my object package and all the rest, will see if that solved it.

edit: i forgot to comeback and report ...yeah it worked fine
« Last Edit: 2007 April 20, 00:10:25 by morriganrane » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 19, 00:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I bought Celebrations, it automatically patched Seasons. Maybe that's what's causing this. Is the a way to remove the "fix" with out FUBARing my game?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: