More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:50:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Jagged Lines of Death...... ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Jagged Lines of Death...... ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 5209 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Jagged Lines of Death...... ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: 2007 March 29, 23:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i guess this hood is gone to the big crapper in the sky. I started getting Jagged lines of death. Mainly when sims look out windows at the weather but other times as well.

Anyone else??

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
Re: Jagged Lines of Death...... ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 30, 03:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had them occur since the base game (usually looking out a window - I thought they were thinking of curtains!) - also, as far as I recall, in every hood I've ever made to date, with all EPs except Pets.  But with regular nuking of gossip memories w/the lotdebugger, they have become a very rare incident.  I have only one hood that I'm positive is blown to bits, the others are functioning just fine so far.

The age of a hood and the purity of it didn't seem to have any relation to seeing these things - days old, years old, clean as a whistle or full of very bad things.

I just keep playing.   Smiley

*runs off to make backups*

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 30, 03:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jagged Lines of Death aren't a sign that your neighborhood is necessarily mangled beyond repair, they mostly tend to indicate the game tried to access some kind of illegal data and use it, which due to the horribleness of Maxian code, happens from time to time. Just avoid doing the things that caused it and do some housekeeping on your data files, like purging the gossip memories if it's happening.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 30, 03:56:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims get that if they are looking out the window and there is nothing actually there--which is often because I don't do any landscaping unless some fortune sim demands it.  I had one that did it constantly so I finally relented and gave her a shrub, after which she'd look out the window and think of the shrub even when she was looking out a window on the opposite side of the house from the shrub. 
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 04, 09:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same with Sims looking out of the Window.
The strangest what a Sim had seen by looking out was another Sim who was in his class at this time.
Otherwise they see sometimes the jagged lines. And there ar tons of objects they could see.
But no.
 Sims Logic get the worst thing first.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 04, 21:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always thought of it as the "making up shit" bubble. My sims really only do it when gossiping about someone they've seen but only talked to for a second, so have no actual memory other than the "met X sim" one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 18, 06:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did a complete reinstall, fully patched (but forgot to patch base, so I need to go back in and do that) but I noticed recently that I'm seeing jaggies (Pleasantview, from first reinstalling TS2, so it's fairly fresh) when someone is busy complaining that SOMETHING is blocking their path.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 18, 07:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just did a complete reinstall, fully patched (but forgot to patch base, so I need to go back in and do that) but I noticed recently that I'm seeing jaggies (Pleasantview, from first reinstalling TS2, so it's fairly fresh) when someone is busy complaining that SOMETHING is blocking their path.
That means an invisible object is blocking the path. Drop a Nuke on it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 18, 11:23:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And for those of you needing a Pescado-to-laymen's-English translation, this means go here, get this, install, and use:
Stuck Object Remover

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 18, 12:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arighty. I have it.. have had it for a while and once accidentally took out one house's mailbox.. lol..
BUT.. I don't remember where they were in the house. Shall I watch them, or just drop 'em indiscriminately?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 18, 13:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arighty. I have it.. have had it for a while and once accidentally took out one house's mailbox.. lol..
BUT.. I don't remember where they were in the house. Shall I watch them, or just drop 'em indiscriminately?
I'd watch where it happens, then nuke.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: