More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:51:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Possible to really flatten uneven lots?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Possible to really flatten uneven lots?  (Read 3522 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Possible to really flatten uneven lots?
« on: 2007 March 30, 20:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a handful of lots that have uneven terrain along the edges and cannot be placed so that they are touching any other lot. My new neighborhood is on the small side and I don't have much room to leave an open area around each of them, nor does it really fit with what I was trying to accomplish. Is there a way to flatten these lots to be even with the street level on all sides? I have tried the lot flattening tool and the smoothing terrain tool but neither affects the outermost tiles on the lot. This is an example of what I'd like to correct :

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Possible to really flatten uneven lots?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 30, 20:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots with damaged, non-flat edges are unplaceable and will corrupt the terrain of any neighborhood you place them in. Do not use lots with non-level edges.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 30, 20:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the sidewalk... it starts off even. Place it in a temp neighborhood and take off a square of sidewalk, then level the terrain edges. I hope the foundation isn't all the way to one square from the edge...

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 30, 20:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's possible to alter the very edge squares of the lot, they will always remain crooked no matter what cheats you use and it is impossible to fix lots like this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 30, 20:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blast! Oh well, time for plan E.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 30, 22:38:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make your own lots, I have determined that an area can be preflattened by placing a Maxian house from the lot bin either the same size or larger on the spot you plan on building the house. Then just bulldoze it and place the lot, and it will be flat when you load it. I find this is an especially helpful trick when I want to build a new lot in one of the basehoods, but save it so I can use it again somewhere else.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 30, 23:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to make your own lots, I have determined that an area can be preflattened by placing a Maxian house from the lot bin either the same size or larger on the spot you plan on building the house. Then just bulldoze it and place the lot, and it will be flat when you load it. I find this is an especially helpful trick when I want to build a new lot in one of the basehoods, but save it so I can use it again somewhere else.
It is recommended that you do this with an existing lot in your game rather than grabbing out of the lot bin. Just because.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: