More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:51:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Replacing pre-SEASONS fridges
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Replacing pre-SEASONS fridges  (Read 5508 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
Replacing pre-SEASONS fridges
« on: 2007 March 28, 00:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if any of the following have been updated for Seasons?

4esfkitchen2fridge
4esfkitchen3fridge
4esfkitchen5fridge
4esfkitchen6fridge
4esfkitchen7fridge
4esfkitchen8fridge
dh-ultra-fridge
garden_mini_fridge
HolySimoly50sFridge
HolySimoly50sFridge_OFB
HolySimoly_TranqFridgeCab
LS_FridgeStainless
Marcela_09032005_Kitchen_Alexandra_Fridge
murano_mono_fridge
Reflex_ColumbiaKitchen_Fridge
Reflex_Milano_Fridge
s2-mike-woodSnackFridgeCloset
stylist_sims_kitchen_01_fridge
Targas_SupaFridge
teko_palluco_fridge
teko_sfh_fridge
th2ku01_fridge01
th2ku02_fridge01
ws_neo_fridge
ws_neo_overheadfridgecabinet
Zita_DesignerFridgeNCabinet

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Re: Replacing pre-SEASONS fridges
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 28, 00:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HolySimoly fridges have not been updated for Seasons.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 28, 00:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today I sent an e-mail in to the Holy Simoly folks asking about the fridges (they posted a really cool bar, so they're active again), so I'll post if I find out anything.

EDIT: Just got a response back. They're waiting on the updated SimPE like everyone else. Smiley As soon as they get that, they'll be updating the fridges.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 28, 02:19:06 by Orikes » Logged

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 28, 07:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The LS fridge is here in peasantry.

As for the Holy Simoly folks, they need to apply for the QA programme. SimPE already works with Seasons.

It is trivial to update fridges yourself though. Just rip the stuff from an already updated fridge and replace the other custom one with it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 28, 07:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no reason why they'd need an update SimPE to work with Seasons. Even Ye Olde SimPE dating from NL can read the files and blindrip the pie menu resources, and any Pets-era SimPE can read the menu. They're just making excuses to foot-drag.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 28, 12:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an easy tutorial on how to make my old custom fridges adapt?
I can use the QA version, as I'm on the programme but I have no idea how to make objects and if it's just changing a number somewhere, I'll gladly do all my downloaded fridges myself. I don't upload lots so they won't get distributed Cheesy
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 28, 19:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no reason why they'd need an update SimPE to work with Seasons. Even Ye Olde SimPE dating from NL can read the files and blindrip the pie menu resources, and any Pets-era SimPE can read the menu. They're just making excuses to foot-drag.

Yeah, to the extent that I've been able to test it, the latest public release has no problems editing objects.  It only seems to choke when mucking around with certain aspects of neighborhood and character files, and the current QA version appears to handle those just fine.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 29, 00:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you let us know how to do it Jordi.  I looked at the package file of an updated fridge and one that wasn't and tried to see if I could figure out the change to be made, but I just just too unawesome to do it Sad
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 29, 11:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Export the custom mesh and texture (the image not the resource) from the old custom fridge.
Make a new clone of a fridge from the Seasons objects.package
Import the custom mesh and default texture to the new fridge.

Give the new fridges the same GUIDs as the old ones, or the recolours won't work.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 29, 17:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just that? I mean, even that is a lot for me, but I will give it a try.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 29, 17:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well let's put it this way, I haven't tested in this particular situation, but I have done this sort of thing with other similar situations, like Merola's paintings and someones non-working bathtub.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 30, 00:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have changed catalog descriptions and modified sims in simpe so far, but I can make backups and try till my pc explodes Cheesy Or until I get it right. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction though.
The thing you suggested-cloning and exporting interior properties- lets say I've been meaning to learn that since the tubs stopped working for pets.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 30, 08:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well basically doing it this way it's just as if you were about to make your own new mesh.  But what you import as the .obj mesh file is a mesh that was previously made.   If you create a new object in Object Workshop, it's not prejudiced about whether you made the mesh and texture after cloning it, or before Smiley   So basically you have the .obj (mesh) and .png (texture) on your disk.  You make your new clone of a maxis fridge, then to get the mesh into it you open the GMDC resource or resources and import the .obj using the GMDC plugin's import facility.  Making sure the subset names match.    For the texture, the TXTR resource has an import facility, but it usually turns out better to right-click the image and use the build DXT option.

Now I am not advocating using other people's meshes and textures to make your own objects without permission.  Ideally this is a way the original creator can easily update their own objects, and one would hope that they then decided to share them for free due to all the free help they have had from various members of the community, without which they would not have been able to make the objects in the first place.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: