More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:52:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Delphy's Organiser
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Delphy's Organiser  (Read 7475 times)
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
Delphy's Organiser
« on: 2007 April 11, 15:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found here http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=227925
Works great so far, it has an orphan mesh scanner. Should be very useful for many of us download whores. Smiley

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Delphy's Organiser
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 11, 16:06:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm...

I sincerely hate you for beating me to this.

So far, it has already explained what the askldfgasdgafg_asfafa.pkg was.

I'm beginning to think that it deletes packages after the selected one.  The some of the packages I select are being deleted, but others aren't.  It's very odd.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 16:19:08 by Li'l Brudder » Logged
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 11, 16:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear you saying 'backup your files before use."
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 11, 16:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He fixed it now.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 11, 17:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd almost take the sheep bleat for this one. I see it also does the opposite...ID'ing orphan recolors. Considering the horror that my clothing catalogs are in, this is much appreciated. I just binned and cleaned approximately 70 hair styles and wasn't looking forward to sorting through all my clothing files.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 11, 18:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried it yet, looks good on the surface.... but I wonder what would happen if you tried to install Delphy's Organiser with Q-Xpress? The link is there to do so.....  Tongue
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 11, 18:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like something I could really use but I am unclear about do you need SimPe to use it? 

I hate SimPe.   I can't understand it,    I am SimPe challenged.    Grin
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 11, 18:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell Qxpress simply downloads whatever files are there and unzips them into your download folder.   At least that's the idea. For some reason it sometimes dumps files at the root of my d:\ drive.

So it would work, except you'd clutter up your download folder with stuff that doesn't belong there.

I have to use Qxpress, because otherwise I have to do the "click on file, get message, hit back, click on file again" dance when i do it manually.  I immediately sort my files into folders though.  I can just image the state of some of the sheep's d/l folder

I just checked mine and I have 5000 files.  Pretty modest, since I started over.  Most of these files are clothing and hair.

Huh Where does it say you need SimPE for this. ?   It's not required as far as I know. 

« Last Edit: 2007 April 11, 18:40:13 by angelyne » Logged
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 11, 18:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a stand-alone program, and it's pretty decent. It certainly helped with the orphaning problem....so for that alone I'm happy.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 11, 19:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. It would be great for the orphans if it didn't have the exact same problem as SimPE in that it's showing (for me) things are orphaned that I know for a fact aren't.

I'll stick with S2PCI for all my other organizational needs.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 11, 20:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just used this, and it works quite well, really. It doesn't have that horrid problem that causes a disturbing decrease in speed when looking into subfolders. It actually seems to properly identify packages as well, except for a few hacks, but that's certainly understandable.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 11, 21:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to use Qxpress, because otherwise I have to do the "click on file, get message, hit back, click on file again" dance when i do it manually.  I immediately sort my files into folders though.  I can just image the state of some of the sheep's d/l folder

I use right-click and 'save file' - that way you don't have to click back if the DL doesn't take, just right-click again.

Inteen for AL, yay!
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 11, 23:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good tip.  I'll try that.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 11, 23:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you know, they've got a 'thanks' button at MTS2, and if that weren't enough you can decide whether your reply is a 'thanks' or some 'feedback' - and STILL the feedback thread is idiot-riddled with 'thanks this is great' posts. Poor MTS2, I really don't envy them that.

I just posted on Delphy's thread - I'm having an error when deleting whole lists of files. I'll post this again here just for information.

Hi Delphy

Great tool. Am just trying it out and have run across a problem. I did an orphan scan, ticked 'show orphan', then shift selected the entire list. Right click to delete, the list started to delete, then I kept getting error messages because there was no row pointer? It started > row 100 as far as I noticed. I had to click about 100/150 times.

I'm testing a downloads backup and I'll have a look ingame after the cleanup.
Cheers
witch

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 12, 00:27:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I got that too, but mine started about row 46. Fortunately, I didn't click on the whole list at once - I had to think a bit about whether I really wanted to do that first (and *then*) click so I didn't get that many - but I continued to get them even when there were only 5 or 3 things left.

There's also apparently some stuff in my downloads folder it can't read and gets too long string errors or something. I'm not too worried about it though as cleaninstaller does that to me occasionally as well - usually it's those toddler dolls, the french one and the alice in wonderland one, that're on MTS2 and they work fine in the game, just weird in the reader programs.

Unsouper
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 12, 01:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kept getting the error as well. It seemed to happen less when I deleted small groups. Program works great, but I'm now having an issue with my game not starting. I double click the icon, get a tiny blank error window with a red X button and that's it. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Delphy's utility because I tried taking out the downloads folder and it still happened. Plus, that's not the point at which it loads the custom content anyways. I vaguely remember this happening before, but it's been awhile.

Prolly that nasty EA Link. The thing borks sometimes.

Edit: Dun dun dun dun. Stupid Zaza, just had to delete the cigen and groups caches. Everything is lovely with the world again, and I'm 602 orphaned files lighter.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 12, 01:55:08 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 12, 03:13:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to get confused if I tell it to do a number of different things, one after the other. The best results came after I closed it completely, ran a new scan. Then it found some more orphans. Although I have lost the spotty outerwear raincoat.

I deliberately deleted all recolours of one hair mesh ingame, just did a new scan and the mesh was tagged as orphaned.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 12, 09:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, in the bar at the top of the thread portion at MTS2, there where it tells you how many posts there is in the thread, there is a linked option to "Hide Thanks Posts for this thread."  Just click on it.   Of course this won't kill posts if the poster neglected to categorize the post as a 'thanks' post and it is a small, inconvenient extra step but well worth the effort if the thread has a lot of entries.

thread there posts there is thread there is post thread kill posts poster post thanks post thread....ectoplasm

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 12, 09:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a bit suspicious of this - it's showing lots of orphans but like MysKaal some of them are thing I know are working in game without problems and are not orphaned at all.

Maybe MTS2 should purge it's thanks posts from time to time - get rid of most of my postings anyway.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 12, 10:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: What exactly is the point of discussing this here? Delphy doesn't read this. If you want support with his new tool, go to his site. If you have a bug to report, report it to him, not us. This really has nothing to do with us here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: