More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 16:15:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption  (Read 14016 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Creating Puppies and Kittens for Adoption
« Reply #25 on: 2007 March 06, 13:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Slightly off topic.  I was playing with a pet shop the other day.   The cats and dogs which are in the display, case are they real characters with associated character files?
Yes, the animals in the display case have character files. The same animal continues to be in the display case basically forever, unless you destroy the display case, which returns it to the free display animal pool. It is not precisely known what happens to animals on display at unowned community lots, and whether these animals are correctly cycled.

I'm under the impression they aren't.  And what happens to the pets bought by townies.  Are they in their inventory? (How weird is that).  Does it generate a character file?   Even maxis couldn't be that dumb right?
Animals bought by townies are not really animals at all, and have no effect. Selling animals to townies is harmless, as the display case will simply pop up the same animal when you restock it. Townies do not actually buy animals, they buy fake tokens of animals which are erased after the pay for them, much like when they buy clothes without being shown any.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 March 06, 14:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a pet teleporter by christianlove over at MTS2

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197559
RenegadeSims
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 March 06, 15:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(…)but at least if I adopt 5 cats, then 5 more random cats should take their places in the adoption pool?
No, 1 cat. The pool only refills if empty.

I find that ridiculous.  I shouldn't need to adopt all the damn cats just to see one new one in adoption.  Stupid game.

*RenegadeSims
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 March 06, 18:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol myskaal.  I was coming here to post the same link.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 March 28, 03:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christianlov over at Mod the Sims as a great puppy/kitten hack.  Your sim clicks on it and it will allow you to choose the parents and if the parent is on the lot,it will give a relationship boost,and if they are not,they only have the memory of them being born.  The Sims will get the wants for a puppy or kitten satisfied,  but not satisfied for obtain a pet.

linkyhttp://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=198705

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 March 30, 05:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want is a hack to control the number of kittens or puppies born.  I don't want to generate huge numbers of pets I don't have families for. 

At the same time, I want some of the pets to spawn.  If I control the numbers, I'd be much happier.

Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 March 30, 06:29:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found a pet teleporter by christianlove over at MTS2

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=197559
YAY!!!!!! this is perfect!  I believe I will start a breeder lot as well.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 30, 23:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh if only there was a Texas Chainsaw mod that made unwanted pets and sims edible with a complete associated file wipe.  Shocked

oh that would be a fun way to clean up your files. can it be done? Probably as i just remembered thats basicly what the NL-unpatched gypsy potion would do to your sim, they would just *poof* disappear off the face of sim earth.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: