More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 07:08:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 186773 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #250 on: 2007 March 18, 09:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought "There's Weather In My House!" only occurs when you actually put them "inside" by old TS2 standards. If you leave them on the lawn, they shouldn't say that because there's no house.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #251 on: 2007 March 18, 15:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm. Still trying to think about this, because having a roof seems kind of cheaty for emailers.

And hey, Pescado 10000 posts! Wow!

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2007 April 21, 06:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started the challenge in winter, and am having them live in a facility I built with the foundation tool. It doesn't have to be an actual roof above their head- you can use a platform instead, and it's quite cheap.

However, with all the time they spent warming themselves by the stove, I didn't have much time left for skilling. I've decided to add to the flavor of the challenge by having them completely live off the land now, with fishing and gardening. We'll see how well that works when the garden is dormant and the pond freezes over.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2007 April 21, 06:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Building a wall with the foundation tool is still a wall. No walls. No toilets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 April 21, 13:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a wall, it's a floor raised up on pillars.

Update: here's the first chapter of my email challenge story. I failed the challenge when the spawn became a child, but perhaps it will entertain. I screwed up and upped it in blog mode, but you can switch the view.

As suggested, the challenge was begun in winter.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=157190&asset_type=story&user_id=1212206
« Last Edit: 2007 April 22, 06:49:15 by Ellatrue » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: