More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:41:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimSurgery Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimSurgery Question  (Read 2668 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
SimSurgery Question
« on: 2007 March 27, 21:15:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since there has not been a SimPE update for Seasons yet (at least not as of me checking the website 20 minutes ago), I was wondering if it's safe to use the sim surgery tool in the pets version? I have a sim whose skin tone I want to change (he's using the hidden manequin tone, which I believe may be glitchy when trying to breed). The only way I know how to do a change that massive would be to use the surgery tool, but since SimPE is not up to date, I'm a little leery of messing things up with either the extract or with the surgery.

Suggestions? :}

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
Re: SimSurgery Question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 28, 00:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SimsPE has been updated for pets.  Maybe you mean seasons?  I've been using Sim Surgery and it seems to work fine.  In fact SimPE seems to be working prety well with the new EP apart from a few things.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 28, 09:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you only need to change the skintone, you should edit the sim's dna, and the new skintone will be applied when the game loads.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 28, 17:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still pretty newbish about this whole thing. I'd have no idea how to edit the skintone easily.

As it stands, I did what I needed to with sim surgery, so life is okay now. Smiley

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 28, 22:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I know on the subject:

If you open your choosen skintone, click on Skin Tone XML you will locate the family string. 

Then in your neighbourdhood file and in your sims's DNA you can paste that family string in the skintone and skintone range field under dominant gene and recessive gene.

I am not sure what the difference is between skintone and skintone range.  I do know that in a sims created from CAS all 4 values will correspond to the family string of your skintone.

Sims born in game from parents with different skintones will have different values in those field.  I know it has to do with the passing of "genetic" traits, but I am not sure I understand the exact way in works in game.

Maybe someone awesome could explain it to us.

In the sims package file the skintone family number also appears a number of time, but I don't think it's necessary to change them.  At least I don't remember doing so, the last time I changed the skintone.

One thing however, is your sim might appear weird after you've done this.  All you have to do is do a "change appearance" in a mirror and that will fix it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: